Kosi The Enigma

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Re: Kosi The Enigma

St Ick wrote:Why do we constantly turn on our own its depressing...
Dunno.

Anyway, you'd think they'd turn on the people that name him...as he doesn't pick himself...

(shrugs)

gringo
Saintsational Legend

Bernard Shakey wrote:
st_Trav_ofWA wrote:the way i look at things is this ..
from that number two pick in the 2000 draft we got a player who so far has got 195 game 243 goals - has played in 4 prelim finals winning 2 of them to play in 3 grandfinals and has amassed 33 brownlow votes

to put that into perspective :
1998 number 2 (Justin Longmuir) -139 games - 166 goals - 1 prelim - 0 g/f's - 15 brownlow votes
1999 number 2 (Paul Hasleby) - 208 games - 131 goals - 0 prelims - 0 g/f's - 67 brownlow votes
2001 number 2 (Luke Ball) - 193 games - 83 goals - 5 Prelims - 3 g/f's - 36 brownlow votes
2002 number 2 (Daniel Wells) - 190 games - 116 goals - 1 prelim - 0 g/f - 48 brownlow votes
2003 number 2 (Andrew Walker) - 142 games - 109 goals- 0 prelims - 0 g/f's - 12 brownlow votes
2004 number 2 (Jarryd Roughead) - 159 games - 294 goals - 2 prelims- 2 g/f's - 17 brownlow votes

statistically Kosi has been around the mark with his peers of number 2 picks so in all honesty i dont look at it as a wasted skills more i see it as he has given his all for this club and has done a pretty damn fine job considering the hurdles he has faced ... when he does decide to hang up the boots i for one will be congratulating him on his career not lamenting it
He got 12 of those Brownlow votes in 4 games about ten years ago. You can make stats stats say whatever you want them to,but in the end they don't say much at all.
Are you trying to say Kosi is as good a player, or thereabouts, as Roughead? Are you having a lend? Are you?

i watch a bit of the hawks because i have mates that support them and they are a pretty good comparison. Roughy has been good at times, has had injuries affecting his game, been used as a forward and a ruck and his game has been really inconsistent. He has had a lot of lean times as well as some outstanding games. Very Kosi like, the Hawks fans even bag him when he's ordinary. Maybe watch the guy play and compare them, he had a couple of really solid years but they were in the past.

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:
Bernard Shakey wrote:
st_Trav_ofWA wrote:the way i look at things is this ..
from that number two pick in the 2000 draft we got a player who so far has got 195 game 243 goals - has played in 4 prelim finals winning 2 of them to play in 3 grandfinals and has amassed 33 brownlow votes

to put that into perspective :
1998 number 2 (Justin Longmuir) -139 games - 166 goals - 1 prelim - 0 g/f's - 15 brownlow votes
1999 number 2 (Paul Hasleby) - 208 games - 131 goals - 0 prelims - 0 g/f's - 67 brownlow votes
2001 number 2 (Luke Ball) - 193 games - 83 goals - 5 Prelims - 3 g/f's - 36 brownlow votes
2002 number 2 (Daniel Wells) - 190 games - 116 goals - 1 prelim - 0 g/f - 48 brownlow votes
2003 number 2 (Andrew Walker) - 142 games - 109 goals- 0 prelims - 0 g/f's - 12 brownlow votes
2004 number 2 (Jarryd Roughead) - 159 games - 294 goals - 2 prelims- 2 g/f's - 17 brownlow votes

statistically Kosi has been around the mark with his peers of number 2 picks so in all honesty i dont look at it as a wasted skills more i see it as he has given his all for this club and has done a pretty damn fine job considering the hurdles he has faced ... when he does decide to hang up the boots i for one will be congratulating him on his career not lamenting it
He got 12 of those Brownlow votes in 4 games about ten years ago. You can make stats stats say whatever you want them to,but in the end they don't say much at all.
Are you trying to say Kosi is as good a player, or thereabouts, as Roughead? Are you having a lend? Are you?

i watch a bit of the hawks because i have mates that support them and they are a pretty good comparison. Roughy has been good at times, has had injuries affecting his game, been used as a forward and a ruck and his game has been really inconsistent. He has had a lot of lean times as well as some outstanding games. Very Kosi like, the Hawks fans even bag him when he's ordinary. Maybe watch the guy play and compare them, he had a couple of really solid years but they were in the past.
The main difference is that Roughead is a very good forward and a good ruckman, Kosi is an ordinary forward and can't play ruck.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
Toy Saint
SS Hall of Fame

I reckon Nick Riewoltd would be very good in the backline

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote: Don't worry, 2012 will probably be his last. No one is saying that he has been great but some are just looking on the positive side of things and bringing some balance into it; that's all.

To say that he hasn't lived up to his potential or expectations is non nonsensical because they are supporters expectations and not his or the clubs.
So what the supporters think is irrelevant and nonsensical? Sometimes - yes. But we all have an opinion - that's why we're on here. Otherwise we might as well shut it all down and just agree with everything the club says. Kosi has been an average player. Very occasional star. Sometimes one or two useful things a game but not enough. GOP sometimes. Often totally missing. Disappointing.

Little Dozer
Club Player
Location: Forward Pocket, Outer side, Linton Street end or bay 38 Waverley

Kosi was at the "cross roads" back in 2006. Yes he had a decent 2009 when the team was unbeatable but he's been incredibly disappointing all things considered. I'm surprised he's still on the list.

Are we waiting for a saviour?
I'm so sick of waiting!
I've been waiting my whole life!
This is a new day!
CURLY
Saintsational Legend

Little Dozer wrote:Kosi was at the "cross roads" back in 2006. Yes he had a decent 2009 when the team was unbeatable but he's been incredibly disappointing all things considered. I'm surprised he's still on the list.
All things being considered, does that mean considering the injuries he's had over the years and more so very early on?

NO IFS OR BUTS HARVS IS KING OF THE AFL
mightysainters
SS Hall of Fame

Kosi lost my respect last year when GT on footy classified said Kosi could have been anything, but he just doesnt work hard enough.

I know GT is a very negative person but this struck me as extremely damning... Kosi's agility is horrendous and his aerobic capacity is worse, i tend to agree with GT, old dogs don't learn new tricks. Yes Kosi was relatively young under GT but i bet he is very much the same.

Depth at best

WinnersOnly
SS Life Member

The guy has played nearly 200 games for the club - he has been a servicable player and a great club man. Happy that Kosi saw out his playing days with us,I thought he might have been traded a couple of years ago!

SAINTS another day older another day closer to the Holy Grail!
Ralphy
Saintsational Legend

WinnersOnly wrote:The guy has played nearly 200 games for the club - he has been a servicable player and a great club man. Happy that Kosi saw out his playing days with us,I thought he might have been traded a couple of years ago!
i did hope he would be

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

mightysainters wrote:Kosi lost my respect last year when GT on footy classified said Kosi could have been anything, but he just doesnt work hard enough.

I know GT is a very negative person but this struck me as extremely damning... Kosi's agility is horrendous and his aerobic capacity is worse, i tend to agree with GT, old dogs don't learn new tricks. Yes Kosi was relatively young under GT but i bet he is very much the same.

Depth at best
Thomo hasn't coached us since 2006. He's also been wrong before.

It was actually hilarious coming from Thomo who should never had played Kosi in 2006 but who still insists to this day that he should never have been sacked and that 06 was his best year in coaching.
Last edited by SaintPav on Thu 06 Dec 2012 10:34am, edited 1 time in total.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

I'll get blasted for this but don't give a rats.

Some of you fools who are so disappointed in how Kosi has gone should perhaps lower your expectations; then you won't be so disappointed. Pretty simple concept actually.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Little Dozer wrote:Kosi was at the "cross roads" back in 2006. Yes he had a decent 2009 when the team was unbeatable but he's been incredibly disappointing all things considered. I'm surprised he's still on the list.
How was he at the cross roads in 2006 after he suffered a major head injury? Isn't he allowed time to recover?

This cross roads theory is a load of crap anyway.

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

i hope Kosi plays his 200th game so some of you can come on here and have a whine about how he's the worst player to do so.
Anyone that plays 200 AFL games is pretty good!

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

magnifisaint wrote:i hope Kosi plays his 200th game so some of you can come on here and have a whine about how he's the worst player to do so.
That is true.

But if you look at Blakr and Kosi and compare them to Dal and Lenny there is a slight difference in quality!

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

magnifisaint wrote:i hope Kosi plays his 200th game so some of you can come on here and have a whine about how he's the worst player to do so.
You really have no idea what you are talking about. He shouldn't be allowed to play his 200th game for our club. He is a disgrace. He was a number 2 draft pick and he has failed all expectations. He is slow, cumbersome and he is also very lazy. I should know as I take my seeing eye dog to the footy and she told me. Please think before typing.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:
That is true.

But if you look at Blakr and Kosi and compare them to Dal and Lenny there is a slight difference in quality!
Why dont you compare like for like then?

Blake and Kosi both play completely different positions to Dal Santo and Lenny.

And speaking of Dal Santo, he is the biggestest dissappointment in the club in my eyes for the past ten years.

Could have been anything. has more skill than Lenny, better kick than Joey, probably the fastest of our midfield, but is constantly shut down and just does not contribute the way a champion should.

Always had high hopes for Kosi, but the constant injuries cruelled him, and now time is just about up. Have watched quite a lot of last year on Foxtel and he actually played some very good games up forward.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
gringo
Saintsational Legend

Kosi was hammering in 2009 as some have said and was a proper key marking forward with a great conversion rate. 2010 he never quite got going as well as the previous year but none of the top Saints had a brilliant year but we made the big dance again anyway. Post 2010 we thought kosi and Gram and Goddard would all take us back up to where they had taken us before and I think it was that year Kosi lost most of the first half of the season with an infected ankle after surgery. He came in and was just serviceable. 2012 he was asked to play more away from goal as a pinch hit ruckman and looked really like he was struggling at times after a good start to the season. I would say Goddard was in the same boat after 2010, failed to deliver on what he had done in the past but one is seen as being unworthy of a spot on our list while one is being mourned. He's had a s*** run with injury and given us some good footy- he's done what he's paid for and had some bad times as well. Kurt Tippett is going to get $1mill a year and he's a similar type to Kosi and even has the concussion history like the Kos. Big marking forwards are hard to come by.

stevie
Saintsational Legend

I've had a gutful hearing about Tippett. I don't rate as more than a GOP. Too slow and too inconsistent and drops the head. Walker is similar but he's got some pace.

If Tippett plays as many games as Kosi, I'll burn all my Beatles stuff.

Dave McNamara
Saintsational Legend
Location: Slotting another one from 94.5m out. Opposition flood? Bring it on...! Keep the faith Saintas!

stevie wrote:I've had a gutful hearing about Tippett. I don't rate as more than a GOP. Too slow and too inconsistent and drops the head. Walker is similar but he's got some pace.

If Tippett plays as many games as Kosi, I'll burn all my Beatles stuff.
:shock: :shock: :shock:

Stevie, nooooooooooooo!!!

He's 25 (26 next May), has played 5 seasons for 104 games.

Given his God-given attributes of being 202cm tall, 104kg of muscle, and very athletic... I agree with you Stevie... (terribly) inconsistent underperformer.

That said, given the money the Swines are investing, they'd put up with quite a bit of inconsistency from him before admitting to any error in their recruitment of him. And even then, those attributes would almost certainly guarantee that someone else would then take a punt on him. So the only thing that I can see stopping the Kurt from reaching 200 games is injury, for example another severe concussion... or a truck...

Conclusion: Stevie, I fear for your Beatles collection... so..., do you have a heavy vehicle license...? :idea:

It's Dave, man. Will you open up? I got the stuff with me! -------Who?
Dave, man. Open up ------------------------------------------ -----Dave???
Yeah, Dave. ---------------------------------------------------------Dave's not here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOiG1hAr ... detailpage
skeptic wrote: Tue 30 Jan 2024 8:07pmCongrats to Dave McNamara - hereby dubbed the KNOWINGEST KNOW IT ALL of Saintsational
:mrgreen:
saintdooley
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote:
You really have no idea what you are talking about. He shouldn't be allowed to play his 200th game for our club. He is a disgrace. He was a number 2 draft pick and he has failed all expectations. He is slow, cumbersome and he is also very lazy. I should know as I take my seeing eye dog to the footy and she told me. Please think before typing.
agreed.

"Another storied win in Robert Harvey's career. They say he is the embodiment of their motto of strength through loyalty, and on the day he became just the tenth man to play 350 league games the saints reward him with a seemingly impossible victory."
gringo
Saintsational Legend

saintdooley wrote:
SaintPav wrote:
agreed.

What would our cheer squad do with out kosi. They don't have Gram, Polo or any of the usual targets anymore. They would be asleep by the end of the first quarter with out the big man there to abuse. I hope they are saving up the boos and bronx cheers for his 200th.

saintdooley
Saintsational Legend

i love the way i just need to say one word and people are straight onto it. you guys are too easy. love you xx

"Another storied win in Robert Harvey's career. They say he is the embodiment of their motto of strength through loyalty, and on the day he became just the tenth man to play 350 league games the saints reward him with a seemingly impossible victory."
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

saintdooley wrote:i love the way i just need to say one word and people are straight onto it. you guys are too easy. love you xx
You should be concerned with more important matters such as not being sat on by some of the 'healthier' members of your 'cheer squad'.
Last edited by SaintPav on Thu 06 Dec 2012 7:12pm, edited 1 time in total.

saintdooley
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote:
saintdooley wrote:i love the way i just need to say one word and people are straight onto it. you guys are too easy. love you xx
You should be concerned with more important matters such as not being sat on by some of the 'healthier' members of your cheer squad.
i love you the most. you are the easiest to get sucked in. love it. wheres the redeemer??? xoxo