I'm shattered !

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

Re: I'm shattered !

WinnersOnly wrote:Good on you boys safety in numbers you wankers...no one is allowed to have an opinion on this site! You are like a team of school yard bullies - yet all cowards !

You start a thread calling our new recruite a "soft c**k gumby" but we are the wankers and bullies....

Interesting.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

WO is entitled to his views.

I dont entirely agree but I am also nervous and a tad puzzled by some recent recruitment decisions (as are others - hell, even Pluggs reckons we are stock piling gop's...and he has dinners with them...).

To say there are no other FB's suggests we only ever had Brown as a viable option....which is disturbing given many suggest he already isnt the messiah.

Im also hoping for the "master plan" next year where we magically swoop up Frawley........but I too kept saying that this trade period "I think there's a big play about to happen....Pelchen has a coup waiting......."

I must have missed it.

Still all we can do is trust....and hope....and trust,....

“Yeah….nah””
Dis Believer
Saintsational Legend
Location: The terraces at Moorabbin, in the pouring rain.......

joffaboy wrote:
Dont try to reason with a cabbage who posted a "look at me" thread.

The OP simply has no idea anf the hyperbole on this and other threads show either emotional immaturity or some type of cognitive arrested development.

To post statements like "the worst recruit EVER by St.Kilda" should tell you this bloke is either having a lend or not dealing from a full deck.

I mean really. Is it the reaction of an objective and reasoned individual?
You don't do it very often, but you really made me laugh with this little gem......

The heavy metal artist formerly known as True Believer!
IF you look around the room and can't identify who the sucker is, then it's probably you!
Dis Believer
Saintsational Legend

WinnersOnly wrote:Good on you boys safety in numbers you wankers...no one is allowed to have an opinion on this site! You are like a team of school yard bullies - yet all cowards !
Sook it up you mental midget. Who said you can't have an opinion? Everyone can have an opinion, but if you post shyte, don't sook when those with some sort of clue give you a slap for being a dick.

IF you look around the room and can't identify who the sucker is, then it's probably you!
magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

Winners Only needs to change his name to Losers Accepted and them go and see a shrink. There must be a lot of pain coming out of that body. Embrace it and you might learn a little about yourself.

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
Dave McNamara
Saintsational Legend
Location: Slotting another one from 94.5m out. Opposition flood? Bring it on...! Keep the faith Saintas!

Well, I'm bloody well shattered too! Yep, hopes built up, now shattered. This is just not going to cut it!!! I can fully see where the original poster is coming from. I'd even call him visionary..., except that his point is just sooooo bleedin' obvious. Yet some cannot see...! :shock: (

Wot duh!?! Dylan bloody Roberton! :shock: Tell me our recruiters are joking. Puh-bloody-leasz...!

Look at this bloke's bio', surely our recruiters can do better!?! Surely!?! What used to be a strength, a source of pride even for many... now it's the greatest and most glaring bloody big hole in our entire list???

They offered us up Raph, some were satisfied, but I never though he fitted the bill. They knifed Cuz 2 who some said had potential..., only to replace them with a most unlikely prospect in Roberton... again, look at this bloke's bio' for Gawd's sake! Not what we are so sorely missing!

Ok..., sure there's also Hickey who some on here seem to rate as a chance, but again... I just can.not.bloody.see.it!

So pull the finger out you recruiters! You owe the fans. We pay our money. You have created this problem... so bloody well fix it! :evil:

We've waited too bloody long. IMHO, since the daze of Enrico Misso maybe? Saints fans need, no... demand, a proper, worthy, bloody well up-for-it, whipping boy!!! Geez!!! :evil:

Ok rant over. I feel better now.

Small point of solace... when Milney finally finishes numeracy tutoring of the Collscum and Carlscum jeersquads, and retires to take up that position on the board of the Sydney Mardi Gras..., well, at least (spelling error aside) there'll be someone to takeover leading the team song....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... pD2Es94xxM

It's Dave, man. Will you open up? I got the stuff with me! -------Who?
Dave, man. Open up ------------------------------------------ -----Dave???
Yeah, Dave. ---------------------------------------------------------Dave's not here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOiG1hAr ... detailpage
skeptic wrote: Tue 30 Jan 2024 8:07pmCongrats to Dave McNamara - hereby dubbed the KNOWINGEST KNOW IT ALL of Saintsational
:mrgreen:
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

We get a 21 year old with 37 games under his belt for free and people complain.

Im very confused. Do people know this guy on some personal level (from high school or something) ?

Whats the go. Hes a Saints player. Local boy. Done an apprenticeship and played sr footy.

At 21 plenty of guys we love (e.g Simpkin, Saad, Dunell) hadnt played a single game - so Dylan is still just a kid developing his game with plenty of upside if he is committed.

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:We get a 21 year old with 37 games under his belt for free and people complain.

Im very confused. Do people know this guy on some personal level (from high school or something) ?

Whats the go. Hes a Saints player. Local boy. Done an apprenticeship and played sr footy.

At 21 plenty of guys we love (e.g Simpkin, Saad, Dunell) hadnt played a single game - so Dylan is still just a kid developing his game with plenty of upside if he is committed.
Yep this.
The OP is a shocker.

Pwoit
Saintsational Legend

st.byron wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:We get a 21 year old with 37 games under his belt for free and people complain.

Yep this.
The OP is a shocker.
2nd ......

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

[quote="Con Gorozidis"]We get a 21 year old with 37 games under his belt for free and people complain.

At 21 plenty of guys we love (e.g Simpkin, Saad, Dunell) hadnt played a single game - so Dylan is still just a kid developing his game with plenty of upside if he is committed.[/quote]

Well said Con.

Look, Roberton may be a dud. But cost us zilch and won't be on big $$$.

Losers Only -did you know Freo wanted to keep him but he wanted to return home to Vic?

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
CURLY
Saintsational Legend

Im still trying to find these so called blowouts that occured last season without a fullback.

NO IFS OR BUTS HARVS IS KING OF THE AFL
saint6709
Club Player

I think Roberton will be a good pick up - but think 1 or 2 of Blake kos jones Wilkes should go - I would take a punt on l cook or Jesse wells - probably wells

Yaysaints
Club Player

Seems odd to be "shattered " by recruiting and call someone ELSE soft.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

CURLY wrote:Im still trying to find these so called blowouts that occured last season without a fullback.
The point is we lost many close games that could've been won with less leakage down back.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
Dis Believer
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:
CURLY wrote:Im still trying to find these so called blowouts that occured last season without a fullback.
The point is we lost many close games that could've been won with less leakage down back.
And no-one likes leakage down back..........

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:
The couple of games that I can think of are when we where depleted. The Richmond game both Fisher and McEvoy where missing that cost us the game with Blake having to ruck. If we had a fullback he'd have been exposed without a ruckman in the middle and dropping back.

NO IFS OR BUTS HARVS IS KING OF THE AFL
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

This might help you, you poor little thing

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
stinger
Saintsational Legend

defacto wrote:oh its going to be funny when 9/10 of saints supporters who have never seen roberton play, finally get to see him
:wink:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
saint66au
Saintsational Legend

Ahhh they are all schoolyard bullies...not you though..you just call one of our players a softc**k gumby from behind the safety of a keyboard

Now THATS IRONIC Alanis ( dramatic uppercase thrown in to make you feel at home)

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
stinger
Saintsational Legend

True Believer wrote:
joffaboy wrote:
Dont try to reason with a cabbage who posted a "look at me" thread.

The OP simply has no idea anf the hyperbole on this and other threads show either emotional immaturity or some type of cognitive arrested development.

To post statements like "the worst recruit EVER by St.Kilda" should tell you this bloke is either having a lend or not dealing from a full deck.

I mean really. Is it the reaction of an objective and reasoned individual?
You don't do it very often, but you really made me laugh with this little gem......

you're easy to please

stinger
Saintsational Legend

saint66au wrote:
Ahhh they are all schoolyard bullies...not you though..you just call one of our players a softc**k gumby from behind the safety of a keyboard

Now THATS IRONIC Alanis ( dramatic uppercase thrown in to make you feel at home)

there are some bullies on this forum...and one in particular on this thread as you well know saint66au......WnnersOnly is entitled to express an opinion without being personally abused ...which is of course...against forum rules.....

not that i'm for abusing a saints player......the boy deserves a chance...he's now family....

WinnersOnly
SS Life Member

joffaboy wrote:
This might help you, you poor little thing

Obviously the club believes that we needed a ready to go full back for the back line to remain competitive - hence their efforts in attempting to trade for Mitch BROWN. It was obvious they needed a full back as soon as Dawson left - but perhaps their salary cap restraints prevented that last year.

AND yes our defence was put under pressure last year but that will continue under the Watters game plan where he wants each player to be able to beat their opponent. At full back we simply didn't have the player with the physical attributes to manage that!

People seem to think that any player can play the role at full back. It takes a different kind of individual (someone who is prepared to sacrifice their own game for the benefit of the team). Wilkes has shown he isn't prepared to do that and the other players used in the position have shown they dont have the tools to manage the big forwards.

In any event my point is why not try a proven state league full back of similiar? We see how well our reverses listed players go against the older more seasoned players in the VFL - they cant compete. What buggs me is the club and it's recruiters seem to have issues with giving proven state league players a go! Barlow is the classic example of the club not being able to look outside a players combine record or their supposed character reports. He was delivered to their door step and they still got it wrong!

They didn't even think that drafting an 18 y/o strong key defender should be a priority. 2014 they may get a player like Mitch Brown but they might not - where to then?

I stand by my thoughts on Roberton, but if the club really wanted him why not make room on the rookie list for him and make the smarter decision by drafting a STATE LEAGUE FULL BACK ! I have read he is a ready made player 21 y/o having played 37 games for Freo - who have struggled fielding a team let alone a quality HB flanker. The same could be said using TIPPETT as an example. He has been a rookie listed player who has been developing slowly but is now ready to take the step having proven himself against quality opponents in the SANFL.

AND you know what at the end of the day - WE STILL DONT HAVE A COMPETITIVE FULL BACK. There must be some missing information as for me this decision by our recruitment team defies any logical reasoning!

SAINTS another day older another day closer to the Holy Grail!
matrix
Saintsational Legend

theres rules for the forum???? :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

saintjake
Club Player

WinnersOnly wrote:I'm completely shattered ! I thought finally the Saints recruiters had come of age and we were about to grab a mature full back to compliment the list and prevent the bleeding that occurred down back this year!

But no we select some soft gumby because he is a nice bloke! I understand the Saints are looking for quality people with the history they have - but I never seen a nice bloke win a fight - have you?

Football is a violent game and I am devastated we have rolled over to the point of recruiting complete 'soft c**k' gumbys like Roberton ~

What is the point of picking up a fullback, just for the sake of picking up a fullback? who will probably just clog space up at Sandy.

Sam Fisher will play FB
Gwilt/Gilbert/Blake/Simpkin will play CHB with everyone else helping out.

We have just lost Gram/Goddard/Clarke/Cripps as HBF's

Roberton is a good pick up, a good user of the footy, great endurance and will be an excellent player for us.

21 years old and has already played 37 games. Not a gumby.

Im tired of people begging to get a fullback. If there is no fullback worthy of playing why grab some useless bloke

saintjake
Club Player

WinnersOnly wrote:
Spinner wrote:What full back would you like?
Any is better then NO ONE !
We have a perfectly good full back in Fisher.

And I'd prefer Gwilt and Simpkin to battle it out as a fullback if Fisher goes down.
Then have some bloke who is a young Zac Dawson or something