Spencer White

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Re: Spencer White

dragit wrote:Isn't Roger Spandit a mate of your too plugs?

Took me a while. Had to say it quickly 10 times.

stevie
Saintsational Legend

True Believer wrote:
stevie wrote:
True Believer wrote:I know someone with the christian name Spencer. Hates the Frank and the Tracey thing, heavily overdone. Also the older brigade give him "Spencer the Garbage man" who apparently was a character in an old radio show. The price for an unusual name I guess, especially one that people are more used to seeing as a surname.
Nice post, 'Daydream'.
Thanks, Wonder...
:D

Didn't see that coming...

Dave McNamara
Saintsational Legend
Location: Slotting another one from 94.5m out. Opposition flood? Bring it on...! Keep the faith Saintas!

stevie wrote:
True Believer wrote:
stevie wrote: Nice post, 'Daydream'.
Thanks, Wonder...
:D

Didn't see that coming...
Well of course you didn't. :wink:
Last edited by Dave McNamara on Sat 24 Nov 2012 4:01pm, edited 1 time in total.

It's Dave, man. Will you open up? I got the stuff with me! -------Who?
Dave, man. Open up ------------------------------------------ -----Dave???
Yeah, Dave. ---------------------------------------------------------Dave's not here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOiG1hAr ... detailpage
skeptic wrote: Tue 30 Jan 2024 8:07pmCongrats to Dave McNamara - hereby dubbed the KNOWINGEST KNOW IT ALL of Saintsational
:mrgreen:
whiskers3614
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:

So you are Greek then?

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

whiskers3614 wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

So you are Greek then?

I dont think so.

White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

Played junior cricket against the Nuss brothers. Andrew and Peter.

I started with nothing and I've got most of it left!
Scoop
Club Player

Getting back to the serious side of this thread....

Collingwood were going to take him with one of their 3 1st round picks till Grundy dropped in their lap....

Extra! Extra! Read all about it......no I don't want to read about it anymore!!!
St Igmata
Club Player

Grundy and White are different footballers and they had 3 picks to take White.
I am not following your dots.

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

St Igmata wrote:Grundy and White are different footballers and they had 3 picks to take White.
I am not following your dots.

Well they had Broomhead Kennedy and White earmarked. They never expected to have Grundy available so they had to pass on White. I know they are differant footballers but Collingwood need another ruckman and other than Grundy no other ruck was worth a pick below 25.

NO IFS OR BUTS HARVS IS KING OF THE AFL
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

A little bit off topic perhaps, however I find it annoying the use of the word “steal” in regards to the draft, eg:

“Collingwood are smiling after stealing man mountain Brodie Grundy at pick No.18”

“Ogilivie (Adelaide recruiting manager Hamish Ogilvie), who pulled off his own steal in selecting Calder Cannons' best and fairest Rory Atkins at No. 81,

Players such as Grundy and Atkins were simply available at the time Collingwood and Adelaide had their picks; if they hadn’t been they wouldn’t have got them. And it’s not through anything that Collingwood or Adelaide did that resulted in those outcomes.

"Collingwood and Adelaide may have got a bit lucky" about sums it up. And whether or not they were lucky I suppose will depend on how Grundy & Atkins go at AFL level.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
True Believer wrote:I know someone with the christian name Spencer. Hates the Frank and the Tracey thing, heavily overdone. Also the older brigade give him "Spencer the Garbage man" who apparently was a character in an old radio show. The price for an unusual name I guess, especially one that people are more used to seeing as a surname.

I have mates who names are Richard and Ray. There surname is Sole.

That's pretty funny but when your around it must get confusing who people are addressing. Only joking plugs.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

That's pretty funny but when your around it must get confusing who people are addressing. Only joking plugs.

No confusion at all. i am just called f*** wit.

ace
Saintsational Legend

SMS wrote:watch his video tell me you dont see buddy!

like buddy was cloned.
Nothing like Buddy.
This guy White can kick straight.
Buddy comes from the Matthew Richardson kicking school, close your eyes and hope for the best.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to go out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA
White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

What about the Zarsoff kids? Bernie and Tory?

Dave McNamara
Saintsational Legend
Location: Slotting another one from 94.5m out. Opposition flood? Bring it on...! Keep the faith Saintas!

Dr Spaceman wrote:A little bit off topic perhaps, however I find it annoying the use of the word “steal” in regards to the draft, eg:

“Collingwood are smiling after stealing man mountain Brodie Grundy at pick No.18”
“Ogilivie (Adelaide recruiting manager Hamish Ogilvie), who pulled off his own steal in selecting Calder Cannons' best and fairest Rory Atkins at No. 81,

Players such as Grundy and Atkins were simply available at the time Collingwood and Adelaide had their picks; if they hadn’t been they wouldn’t have got them. And it’s not through anything that Collingwood or Adelaide did that resulted in those outcomes.

"Collingwood and Adelaide may have got a bit lucky" about sums it up. And whether or not they were lucky I suppose will depend on how Grundy & Atkins go at AFL level.
Good point good Doctor.

For me a 'steal' would generally be picking up that unknown star with a ridiculously high draft pick. Sam Fisher (regardless of what he did, or more likely didn't do, Caro?) and Milney would be great examples for us. Sippa' and Rhys Lightning could well be two others. Tall Lew at pick 1032 in this draft could well be yet another.

Similar but different..., the Skunks somehow getting pick 20 and off-loading Dawes... is daylight robbery!!! :evil:
plugger66 wrote:
Do they each drive one of these...? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uI6mgPzz7f0

Yeah, Dave. ---------------------------------------------------------Dave's not here.

skeptic wrote: Tue 30 Jan 2024 8:07pmCongrats to Dave McNamara - hereby dubbed the KNOWINGEST KNOW IT ALL of Saintsational
White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

Spencer White is well worth the gamble, IMHO. Could turn out to be the next buddy, or alternately, the next Mitch Thorpe, but the boy has loads of talent and is very athletic. He definitely has the X factor and has plenty of improvement left in him. With our academy set up and strong emphasis on development, we are well placed to get the best from him.

Remember, he had a very interrupted start to the season and he didn't get his health problems fully sorted out until relatively late in the year. His testing in the athletic categories was outstanding. After the ban on flair during the Lyon years, it's exciting to see the likes of Saad, Milera, White, Saunders, Markworth and Lee on the list. Fun times ahead!

gringo
Saintsational Legend

White Winmar wrote:Spencer White is well worth the gamble, IMHO. Could turn out to be the next buddy, or alternately, the next Mitch Thorpe, but the boy has loads of talent and is very athletic. He definitely has the X factor and has plenty of improvement left in him. With our academy set up and strong emphasis on development, we are well placed to get the best from him.

Remember, he had a very interrupted start to the season and he didn't get his health problems fully sorted out until relatively late in the year. His testing in the athletic categories was outstanding. After the ban on flair during the Lyon years, it's exciting to see the likes of Saad, Milera, White, Saunders, Markworth and Lee on the list. Fun times ahead!

I loved winning games but the style of play was getting excruciating when we started losing games. Ross' style was great at pinching wins when we applied it well but when we dropped away the game plan looked as exciting as tortoises mating. The new players we have bought in seem to have that Collingwood model of confident ball winners rather than second hand dour foot soldiers.

Most of our new recruits seem to have some x factor about them and if we aren't going to challenge at least we might be exciting to watch. I watched a replay when Thommo was coaching recently and gee we had some fire power. I loved that era of attacking footy, didn't get us anywhere but it was exciting.

stevie
Saintsational Legend

White Winmar wrote:What about the Zarsoff kids? Bernie and Tory?
Don't forget the Meoff brothers...Jack and Paul.

Dave McNamara
Saintsational Legend

ace wrote:
SMS wrote:watch his video tell me you dont see buddy!
like buddy was cloned.
Nothing like Buddy.
This guy White can kick straight.
Buddy comes from the Matthew Richardson kicking school, close your eyes and hope for the best.
Agree with you Ace on your assessment of Buddy and Richos' kicking. :lol:

That said, otherwise I'm with SMS. So often one hears that a bloke looks, moves and plays like such n' such (insert name of a star player, past or present), then when you look... nah, can't see it(?)

But if you take out that ridiculous arc before the set shot (which thankfully Spence has)... I personally didn't need any prompting...

The approach to goal (arc aside)..., that big don't-argue :twisted:..., runnng, bouncing, running bouncing then GOAL!!!

I just looked and thought... that so is young Buddy Franklin playing! :shock:

(The only other difference I noted from the highlights is that Spence may currently struggle to kick the thing 50m... did anyone else spot/notice/wonder about that?)

Our boy can certainly turn it on like Buddy. Will he be able to transfer that to turning it on against the big boys...? Of course only time will tell, but geez..., I'm confident... and Spencer Buddy White is one bloody exciting footballer who could be genuinely anything.

What's more, as a non-hindsighter I'm going early...

Our Taliban and True Believer inspired list management is putting together a team that is also bloody exciting and could be genuinely anything... and I reckon that that will be sooner than most expect. :idea:

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:
White Winmar wrote:Spencer White is well worth the gamble, IMHO. Could turn out to be the next buddy, or alternately, the next Mitch Thorpe, but the boy has loads of talent and is very athletic. He definitely has the X factor and has plenty of improvement left in him. With our academy set up and strong emphasis on development, we are well placed to get the best from him.

I loved winning games but the style of play was getting excruciating when we started losing games. Ross' style was great at pinching wins when we applied it well but when we dropped away the game plan looked as exciting as tortoises mating. The new players we have bought in seem to have that Collingwood model of confident ball winners rather than second hand dour foot soldiers.

Most of our new recruits seem to have some x factor about them and if we aren't going to challenge at least we might be exciting to watch. I watched a replay when Thommo was coaching recently and gee we had some fire power. I loved that era of attacking footy, didn't get us anywhere but it was exciting.
We got a lot closer in 2004 that many people think.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
rexy
SS Life Member

Liked the look of his speed and casual kicking style, those things won't change, one grab marks and finding space are just highlights, may not necessarily be strengths, time will tell!

Maybe this year?
White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

Forgot Mike and Yorack Hunt!

Beekay
SS Life Member

SaintPav wrote:
gringo wrote:

We got a lot closer in 2004 that many people think.
Only because Brissy had to play a home prelim at the G.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Beekay wrote: Only because Brissy had to play a home prelim at the G.
Yes and we would have gone in as massive underdogs which would have worked in our favour.

I claim that if we made it that we would have had a greater chance than in 65, 66, 71, 97, 09 and 10.

Also, Hawks stuffed things up for us in 08. If Cats won in 08 we would have won in 09. Just saying.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.