2013 Members card Arrived today!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

Re: 2013 Members card Arrived today!

StGoddard18 wrote:
Red, white & black - The Doc
How did Spaceman get a gig? :D

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.”

― Aristophanes

If you have a Bee in your Bonnet - I can assist you with that - but it WILL involve some smacking upside the head!
wallbanger
Club Player

Bit of a query - or perhaps a warning for others.. Got my card and two kids cards today - my son is a junior and daughter is a Little Saint. I noticed that my daughters card had no barcode on it - checked last years, and it had a barcode so I thought it must be a mistake.

I rang the club - they said kids 4 and under get in free so the Little Saints don't need a barcode on their card. A few issues with that. 1. Why has it been on every other year? 2. Is that common practice across the 18 clubs so that the people on the gates at the venues are aware and don't kick up a stink when my daughters card can't be scanned? 3. Does that mean that kids 4 and under (who require a seat) are not counted in the overall crowd numbers?

Just seems a little weird. Why even have the card in the first place?

Anyway, the cards look great - my Diamond Member with Barks takes me right back to the Moorabbin days. Nice touch.

Please...let's win a Premiership before GEELONG!!!! (O.k., so we've missed that opportunity...maybe let's win the next one before Geelong????)
Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

wallbanger wrote:Bit of a query - or perhaps a warning for others.. Got my card and two kids cards today - my son is a junior and daughter is a Little Saint. I noticed that my daughters card had no barcode on it - checked last years, and it had a barcode so I thought it must be a mistake.

I rang the club - they said kids 4 and under get in free so the Little Saints don't need a barcode on their card. A few issues with that. 1. Why has it been on every other year? 2. Is that common practice across the 18 clubs so that the people on the gates at the venues are aware and don't kick up a stink when my daughters card can't be scanned? 3. Does that mean that kids 4 and under (who require a seat) are not counted in the overall crowd numbers?

Anyway, the cards look great - my Diamond Member with Barks takes me right back to the Moorabbin days. Nice touch.
Maybe there is now no barcode so an adult cannot use your daughters card to scan in.

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.”

― Aristophanes

If you have a Bee in your Bonnet - I can assist you with that - but it WILL involve some smacking upside the head!
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

wallbanger wrote:Bit of a query - or perhaps a warning for others.. Got my card and two kids cards today - my son is a junior and daughter is a Little Saint. I noticed that my daughters card had no barcode on it - checked last years, and it had a barcode so I thought it must be a mistake.

My son didn't have a barcode this year when he was a little saint, I think they started removing it at the start of this year...I got stopped at the gate from a ticket person who said his card was wrong and it should of had one....when I contacted the club they said it wasn't needed anymore and it wasn't to do with them.

I never had any issues after that.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Sainter_Dad wrote:
StGoddard18 wrote:
That's Gold Jerry!

Sorry,

That's Red, White & Black Jerry :D

tony74
SS Hall of Fame

Dr Spaceman wrote:
Sainter_Dad wrote:
StGoddard18 wrote:
That's Gold Jerry!

Sorry,

That's Red, White & Black Jerry :D

Trouble is the Docs photo is on mine - and in the wallet !!

wallbanger
Club Player

Sainter_Dad wrote:

Maybe there is now no barcode so an adult cannot use your daughters card to scan in.

My sons junior card has a barcode, but there is nothing to stop anyone using that if they wanted - although they are a different colour on the barcode side, so switched on gate people would notice I think. Just a bit unusual I reckon.

Please...let's win a Premiership before GEELONG!!!! (O.k., so we've missed that opportunity...maybe let's win the next one before Geelong????)
wallbanger
Club Player

SainterK wrote:

My son didn't have a barcode this year when he was a little saint, I think they started removing it at the start of this year...I got stopped at the gate from a ticket person who said his card was wrong and it should of had one....when I contacted the club they said it wasn't needed anymore and it wasn't to do with them.

I never had any issues after that.

Thanks SainterK. Shouldn't be a problem then, just seems a little strange.

saintsrus
SS Hall of Fame

And as in the "our voices have been heard" thread, Social club does not appear on my card and others?? This is what you show to get in the social club room.

Before Im 85
bergholt
Saintsational Legend

wallbanger wrote:My sons junior card has a barcode, but there is nothing to stop anyone using that if they wanted - although they are a different colour on the barcode side, so switched on gate people would notice I think.
I think there's two lights on the gates, and when the second one flashes as well as the first then they're supposed to check ID - for concessions, seniors, child tickets etc. Not sure how often they do that in practice though!

Selhurst Saint
Club Player

Envelope arrived with letter, two fixtures and no cards. :cry:

"...If there has been one recurring theme through this whole shocking mess, it has been the misguided, inflated egos and their ill-judged determination to cling to long-standing old boy friendships. The bad advice that has guided the selfish and culpable James Hird has not only punctuated this saga but symbolised it..."
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

Can't believe I have my membership pack prior to Christmas.
secure packaging Nice card holder with spot for fixture as well..

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

I've convinced hubby to get on board with a Saints 3 game membership last 3 years...it's great, but why does he get all his stuff before me!!!!

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:I've convinced hubby to get on board with a Saints 3 game membership last 3 years...it's great, but why does he get all his stuff before me!!!!
He's a bloke!

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

saintsrus wrote:And as in the "our voices have been heard" thread, Social club does not appear on my card and others?? This is what you show to get in the social club room.
You are either Ultimate or Premium Member to get in there now.

I stopped my Social Club Membership after the 2010 GF replay (surrounded by Magpie rabble after paying top dollar in Saints area), now they've given it back to me for nothing because I'm a Red White and Black Member, over 40 years membership.
After seeing seven GFs for one win, I decided I'll watch anymore on tele. Now I have to consider going again.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Bernard Shakey wrote:
SainterK wrote:I've convinced hubby to get on board with a Saints 3 game membership last 3 years...it's great, but why does he get all his stuff before me!!!!
He's a bloke!
?

Tony, is that you?

:P

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:
Bernard Shakey wrote:
He's a bloke!
?

Tony, is that you?

:P
No, He's buying Julie Christmas drinks for the hard yakka this week.