What Would You Rather?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Batnoe
Club Player

What Would You Rather?

For the last few years we've had players come under scrutiny saying our culture is loose..

The Alleged M&M
The school girl
The fun in NZ
Andrew Lovett
Jason Gram

Thankfully our club has taken a stand and won't allow any off field indiscretions and any player (no matter their quality) will be sacked

My question is, as a supporter would you prefer what has happened off field or perhaps what Melbourne may go through for tanking, or Adelaide through salary cap breaches?

Although we have lost some talent and been given the tag of a shitty culture I think the loss of high end draft picks could be more damaging and being called a cheat as far more damaging..What do you think?

Carn Saints
saint6709
Club Player

Re: What Would You Rather?

I am pretty happy the saints aren't getting mentioned when the radio jocks are reeling off team names that will probably come under further scrutiny for tanking and the like

Stillwaiting
Saintsational Legend

I think this will be very damaging but more so for Melbourne than the crows. If they lose that first draft choice that will be devasting to Neeld and trying to rebuild that shyte team.

And to think with all the cheating they are still crap

I love this club
st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

honestly neither is great but with the off feild stuff we have had in the past few years most of that can come down to stupid decisions made with a mix of immaturity and alcohol with a bit of bad management when the story broke ... the stuff that the Crows and the Dee's are into is systematically doing the wrong thing the Crows like every club would know from the Carlton cheating that what they did was against the rules but they went down that path ... the Dee's would know from the uproar from the whole Calrton Tanking claims during the "Kruiser cup " era that the AFL were going to frown apon the tanking issue ... both cases have the leaders of the club making the choice to do the wrong thing when they clearly know its the wrong thing ... i for one would be devistated if the saints powers that be were doing this kind of thing

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
The Redeemer
SS Life Member

Batnoe wrote:For the last few years we've had players come under scrutiny saying our culture is loose..

The Alleged M&M
The school girl
The fun in NZ
Andrew Lovett
Jason Gram

Thankfully our club has taken a stand and won't allow any off field indiscretions and any player (no matter their quality) will be sacked

My question is, as a supporter would you prefer what has happened off field or perhaps what Melbourne may go through for tanking, or Adelaide through salary cap breaches?

Although we have lost some talent and been given the tag of a shitty culture I think the loss of high end draft picks could be more damaging and being called a cheat as far more damaging..What do you think?
The implications for a club that loses draft picks is huge. Look at Carlton although they were done when they were on the slide down and then had to recruit a bunch of Andrew McQualter's just to get a team.

That being said, I would take the garbage that has been levelled at the club rightly or wrongly over the journey.

The MM stuff was garbage, the schoolgirl was plain weird/kind of funny, the fun in NZ was boys being boys, Andrew Lovett was unfortunate and Jason Gram needs to go see a psych if he is that heavily involved with a woman before it is too alte and real damager is done

Austinnn
Club Player

Humans are fallible and no matter how tight your organization is, a few will always slip through the net. Culture or not, players won't always toe the line.

I would be far more concerned if our club was rotten.

Just My Opinion
------------------------------------------------

You'll Never Walk Alone
ROLS-LEE
Club Player

To me only 2 acts have brought clubs to its knees.

1. Kangaroos, Carey and Stevens saga. That would have killed the saints, if it happened to us.
2. Carlton salary cap cheating.

All the acts that the saints have done may have been bad, but nothing like the two I have mentioned

NOTTHATAWKWARD
Club Player

Regardless of it being garbage, media beat up or not. The reputation of our club having a backwards and ignorant culture in attitudes towards women, misogyny and sexual violence is troubling. As someone who feels strongly about these issues in society, I do not like having to hear some of the comments you do so frequently and be aligned with this type of culture (I'll still defend the club to the grave). This is something the club needs to ensure is stamped out in the future.

Dis Believer
Saintsational Legend
Location: The terraces at Moorabbin, in the pouring rain.......

NOTTHATAWKWARD wrote:Regardless of it being garbage, media beat up or not. The reputation of our club having a backwards and ignorant culture in attitudes towards women, misogyny and sexual violence is troubling. As someone who feels strongly about these issues in society, I do not like having to hear some of the comments you do so frequently and be aligned with this type of culture (I'll still defend the club to the grave). This is something the club needs to ensure is stamped out in the future.
The only problem I have is that our club did not come out and DEMAND apologies from various people in the media after the schoolgirl crap was demonstrated to be completely untrue. WE spent weeks having our club and players labelled all sorts of things and miles of column space condemning us, all on the basis of the say so of one girl. Judge, jury and executioner all rolled into one layed into us relentlessly and the likes of Jill Singer and her cronies were strangely silent when the girl was proven to be telling complete and utter lies......

The heavy metal artist formerly known as True Believer!
IF you look around the room and can't identify who the sucker is, then it's probably you!
NOTTHATAWKWARD
Club Player

I couldn't agree more, part of changing culture towards sexual violence and misogyny etc is realising how damaging and serious the allegations of it are and thus seeking out to publicly let the record stand that certain journalists and media cast unfair, RUSHED and unprofessional allegations and opinions on our club and players.

bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

I'd rather a flag...soon

The list changes for 2025 have begun, always an interesting time for an avid supporter.
magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

I don't give a rats toss bag what happens to Melbourne. They been s*** for 50 years and for all I care should be brought to their knees.
Adelaide needs to be punished

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
asiu
Saintsational Legend

i'd rather we had our Honour.
... draft picks we seem capable of effn up ourselves.
... culture perception , is a judgement by those who have not the Right.
... if we 'have' to bend the rules ,
do not get caught.

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.