Un St.Kilda like!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

andrewg
Club Player

Re: Un St.Kilda like!

I'm not trying to hide anything at all I am doing it for diplomacy sake and a retraction in a way.
Agree with changes, seems ruthless but IMO its about time.

Yaysaints
Club Player

Kosi ~ not gone ! Perhaps people should learn the true definition of irony not alanna morisettes.

ShanghaiSaint
Club Player

andrewg wrote:Yea we need a whipping boy!
We still have Kosi to keep the crowd happy.

Fortius Quo Fidelius
bergholt
Saintsational Legend

bobmurray wrote:good to see the people running the club making changes as they strive to succeed...
By that logic we should have delisted everyone except Lenny. All change!

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

andrewg wrote:I don't agree at all.
Any business or company or job you are in you are up for review and if you are no good you are either fired or told to get better.
AFL players get paid very good money because they are on the public eye, believe it or not, we pay their wage.
All I am saying is I am thankful that the players I thought 'struggled at AFL level' - (politically correct statement) were asked to move on and the club also thought that they 'struggled at AFL level' also.

For once I feel excited and relaxed about where the Saints are headed, no 'role' players or an acceptance of mediocrity. The guys in charge know what they are doing and that makes me happy :)

If you think clubs dont need role players then you really dont understand the game. Games are decided by role players. Sydney have the best role players in the AFL. They won something this year just not sure what.

barrel-it
Club Player

i was hoping that we could maybe change things up and have a player forward of centre be our new whipping boy?
Polo - gone!
Peak - gone!
Raph - gone!
Gram - gone!
All these guys played majority Wing or Back where your every move is under the microscope, for far too long we have let our forwars off the hook.

The Redeemer
SS Life Member

plugger66 wrote:
Any business or company or job you are in you are up for review and if you are no good you are either fired or told to get better.
AFL players get paid very good money because they are on the public eye, believe it or not, we pay their wage.
All I am saying is I am thankful that the players I thought 'struggled at AFL level' - (politically correct statement) were asked to move on and the club also thought that they 'struggled at AFL level' also.

For once I feel excited and relaxed about where the Saints are headed, no 'role' players or an acceptance of mediocrity. The guys in charge know what they are doing and that makes me happy :)

If you think clubs dont need role players then you really dont understand the game. Games are decided by role players. Sydney have the best role players in the AFL. They won something this year just not sure what.
Agreed.

Unfortunately we had/have role players that do not play their part consistently enough.

That is fine, we have flicked them off and let's go out and find some others or give opportunities to the youngens.

andrewg
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:

I do think clubs need role players but I would prefer ones that can play AFL football properly.
Hard, courageous, make good decisions and don't turn the ball over. Sydney seem to have picked up the good ones but only through cutting the ones that were not up to it. We have only just begun that process.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

andrewg wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

I do think clubs need role players but I would prefer ones that can play AFL football properly.
Hard, courageous, make good decisions and don't turn the ball over. Sydney seem to have picked up the good ones but only through cutting the ones that were not up to it. We have only just begun that process.

Sorry I thought you said no role players.

andrewg
Club Player

If only things were that black and white plugs!!! Fortunately life is a lot better with a splash of red thrown in.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

avid wrote:Please stop calling people who have spilt blood for St Kilda "garbage".

How depressed would they be feeling now? They deserve a lot better from us (who've never done what they have.)
It's the same two or three posters time and again. Anyone who writes that IS garbage in my book. :evil:

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.