Rumour is Jason Gram has been sacked

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Re: Rumour is Jason Gram has been sacked

rexy wrote:It concerns me too but you also need to admit that you do not know his mental state, sounds like he has had counselling and support, maybe he is not making any attempt, maybe he is arrogant and angry in general. What would we know, no one should judge player or club unless they have full info!

Nice sentiments rexy, but all I have read on here and twitter is that he is a d**khead, and no good, and supporters couldn't care less about him.

I would say they dont have the full info either.

I dont like this slavish approval of every single thing the club does.

We have countless on here railing about bj leaving and being "disloyal". We have a bloke who has been charged with a pretty serious crime (s) and immediately he is a d**khead and he can get farked etc etc.

Loyalty goes both ways, and I dont see much here to a bloke in serious trouble.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Ralphy wrote:
Quixote wrote:We do get another draft pick yeah?
no...

err yes....unless they now do not delist someone that they were goin to to instead.

Gram is one less player. So will either be another draft pic, or used to upgrade a rookie.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
mullet
Saintsational Legend

herald sun is reported that he was charged on Sept 6th (i dont know what for) after this StKilda worked with the AFL and AFLPA to try and help gram.

maverick
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
Ralphy wrote:
maverick wrote:Do we realise the club sacked him YESTERDAY before the incident overnight?
yeah cause it was a ongoing thing how many times must he have done this....
lots - all the more reason to support him.

Lets face it, it was convenient to sack him. Frees up a spot and thats really all the club cares about.

Dont be sucked in by this BS about their ongoing "support". It is tosh.

If he was in this predicament, it would have been obvious he wasn't going to play next season. He is contracted so the club will have to pay out, so it's not the money.

If the club really had his best interest in mind they wouldn't sack a person in such obvious need of support, considering the publicity and humiliation he will suffer.

No the club found it expedient to sack him as it is an opportunity.

Oh and dont for one second think I condone stalking. He deserves to be pilloried for his unhinged actions. It is terrible and frightening for the victim, regardless of if the messages were violent or not.

But he needs to be supported not sacked. Club has dissappeared up its own arse.
I will miss him as a player, but if he needs help, his family and friends do that.
The club needs to look after the interest lof the club and 42 players as a whole, not one clearly problematic player.
He's had chances.

Quixote
SS Life Member

joffaboy wrote:No had to delist at least two more.

Still I think it is a very heartless and expedient decision by the Saints.

He may have been given warning etc but obviously the guy is need of some support.

So what does the Loyaltyunites club do? Sack him.

That will be good for his emotional state. One day a footballer, cast aside because a club hasn't the balls to stick fat with a player, on contract,having psychologival issues, will sefl inflict.

Just prey it isn't Gram. The guy needs all the support he cant get.

I see from most supporters they wouldn't care a fig about Gram the person or the lack of loyalty the club has shown an 8 year player.

Just remember this when BJ runs out in an Essendon jumper, and also remember to boo him loudly for being so disloyal to the STKFC. :roll: :roll:
I would have traded him after 2009 if I had a say down there JB.

I completely empathise with your line of personal compassion - and certainly, as an individual, I feel for Jason Gram in what's obviously a tough trot.

But that is absolutely as far as it goes for me.

The St Kilda Football Club, like any organisation, is not a breast-fed nursery for people who have been given every chance to succeed.

Word is, this has been an ongoing issue with Jason these last few months. Not to mention his involvement in incidents gone by these last few years.

Yes - compassion is necessary. Yes - stick fat, Loyalty Unites Us, etc. And we stuck fat by JG through many form troughs - hot tip fella.

But Loyalty only Unites Us when we're running together under the same banner. It's no good having a bloke schlepping off to the side of the battle for a wank.

WE gave Jason a great chance - as a Brisbane Lions reject player - and for a few years, he paid us back.

However, with information coming to light that indeed this bloke is a problem and INDEED - he is a damaging person to our Football Club and Brand and purely as a player is holding back the development of others more likely - What Would You Do, mate??

Gram gave some to us we gave a lot to him. He has overstepped the line behaviour wise, and not for the first time obviously.

Sacking is 100% the right decision and it's over to his friends and family now to help this guy work through the issues he currently has. Hopefully he comes back stronger.

Watter's did what was right for the Group and the Club 100 times out of 100.

Fortius Quo Fidelius Yo
magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

Good on them for making a stand. About time footballers woke up and acted appropriately like the rest of law abiding citizens

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:For one, you're assuming he won't receive ongoing support?

Secondly, you're ignoring his other indiscretions that have mounted up over the years.

I obviously expect more from Scott Watters than you do, because I don't for a minute believe he has washed hands of him, he doesn't appear to be that type.
Good for you.

Ongoing support is not humiliating Gram with what will happen tomorrow. Nice support Saints.

Oh and SainterK, once again I state I do not condone anything he has been charged with. It is a terrible and frightening thing for a woman to be stalked. It has ended badly many many times. But not only that, it is a violation of that womans security and her right to feel safe.

No, the crime he is accused of is what it is, no excuse.

My beef is not that at all. Not even if he plays for the Saints again (I doublted if he would even if he wasn't sacked), but the way he has been cut loose when he is contracted.

I am sure he is also paying for the sins of past actions, (St.Kilda schoolgirl, players in NZ, Lovett). It has left a stain on the club no doubt.

I feel that it was just a cynical and expedient action to cut him loose.

Sink of swim Jason???? Lets see.

Anyway great for the club, Gram gone, we can get another player, hey??

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
Quixote
SS Life Member

joffaboy wrote:Anyway great for the club, Gram gone, we can get another player, hey??
Hopefully mate.

Whadda'ya want - a Premiership or to support some inked-up borderline basketball loving Twit?

Fortius Quo Fidelius Yo
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

JB - none of us know exactly how much support the club has given JG already.

Who knows, maybe there were issues leading up to September also??

Hard to say.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:

Secondly, you're ignoring his other indiscretions that have mounted up over the years.

I obviously expect more from Scott Watters than you do, because I don't for a minute believe he has washed hands of him, he doesn't appear to be that type.
Good for you.

Ongoing support is not humiliating Gram with what will happen tomorrow. Nice support Saints.

Oh and SainterK, once again I state I do not condone anything he has been charged with. It is a terrible and frightening thing for a woman to be stalked. It has ended badly many many times. But not only that, it is a violation of that womans security and her right to feel safe.

My beef is not that at all. Not even if he plays for the Saints again (I doublted if he would even if he wasn't sacked), but the way he has been cut loose when he is contracted.

I am sure he is also paying for the sins of past actions, (St.Kilda schoolgirl, players in NZ, Lovett). It has left a stain on the club no doubt.

Perhaps he paying for the sins of his own past actions.

He was suspended another time that I recall, when the club travelled up North for a game, for not preparing himself in a manner that he ought to...back in 08/09

Also the late night binge drinking a couple of seasons ago that resulted in the now infamous events that night.

I really hope he makes it through, but to say he is some kind of scape goat is perhaps unfair, given he has had multiple opportunities to treat his football with professionalism.

spert
Saintsational Legend

Ultimately the club couldn't have this cloud hanging over its head and appears it did support Gram, but in the end a person is responsible for their own behaviour, and hopefully Gram gets the assistance he needs to get back on the rails.

Harvey To Hayes
Club Player

joffaboy wrote:

Good for you.

Doesn't this seem to you like a situation where the club have been working through behavioural issues with Gram, namely harassment of his former girlfriend, so isn't it likely that at some stage there was a discussion along the lines of 'mate, we know you're doing it tough but if you value your career this has got to stop'?

Then he lies for the umpteenth time and ends up in the lock up.

I like Gram as a player and have no problems with him as a person, but given the nature of our off field discipline breaches in recent years I would have been mortified if he wasn't sacked. I have job security but would expect to lose my job if I went through same process with my employers and was then arrested.

This whole angle about the club grabbing it as an opportunity to sack him seems in complete contradiction of everything that's been reported so far, but I'm not claiming to know any more than what's been written on here and in brief newspaper missives...

Anyway, I mainly hope he's okay moving forward...

The future's so bright I've got to wear shades...
Middo
Club Player

skeptic wrote:strictly from an on-field sense I'm not too bothered

in terms of rebuilding he's exactly the type of player that needed to be moved on

may well have saved Raph Clarke too

Please I hope not ....

Jack Newnes happy to be a Saint !!!! PS and to hit a target !!!
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Harvey To Hayes wrote:
Doesn't this seem to you like a situation where the club have been working through behavioural issues with Gram, namely harassment of his former girlfriend, so isn't it likely that at some stage there was a discussion along the lines of 'mate, we know you're doing it tough but if you value your career this has got to stop'?

I like Gram as a player and have no problems with him as a person, but given the nature of our off field discipline breaches in recent years I would have been mortified if he wasn't sacked. I have job security but would expect to lose my job if I went through same process with my employers and was then arrested.

This whole angle about the club grabbing it as an opportunity to sack him seems in complete contradiction of everything that's been reported so far, but I'm not claiming to know any more than what's been written on here and in brief newspaper missives...

This whole situation gives me no joy whatsoever but I think you've summed up my thoughts perfectly there H2H.

St Ick
SS Hall of Fame

The last couple of years I've noticed certain attitude problems with Grammy, @ training, on twitter. Obvuously he has upset the club a fair bit and while its sad that he has lost his career over this, lets spare a thought for his poor ex, her friends and family. Life is bigger than AFL and Grammy needs to sort his out. Good on us for making the call...

Strength through Loyalty
Go those mighty Sainters!!
fingers
Saintsational Legend

WinnersOnly wrote:Gees I hope he is being supported by some reliable family members or friends, with his whole life crashing down around his ears in the last month he is going to be in an extremely vulnerable emotional state!
Agree. Must be a crappy time for him. Good stand by the club.

St Ick
SS Hall of Fame

Dr Spaceman wrote:
Harvey To Hayes wrote:

This whole situation gives me no joy whatsoever but I think you've summed up my thoughts perfectly there H2H.
+1 well said

Strength through Loyalty
bergsone
SS Life Member

Next year when Newes,Siposs,Simpkin are tearing em apart,we will look back and say Jason who,or good move saints

Hope so anyway

Watts the Buzz
Club Player

Sobraz wrote:Feel for the guy...

Cops a lot of unfair sh1t from his supposed supporter base, and now a personal issue has led to his professional life fall apart...
+1 ....thanks for the memories Grammy. Remember there's more to life than footy, hope you get the assistance you need to get through this.

St Ick
SS Hall of Fame

Watts the Buzz wrote:

Cops a lot of unfair sh1t from his supposed supporter base, and now a personal issue has led to his professional life fall apart...
+1 ....thanks for the memories Grammy. Remember there's more to life than footy, hope you get the assistance you need to get through this.
Really? I think we need to remember there is more to life than footy also and in real life Grammy has been a naughty boy.

Strength through Loyalty
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

WinnersOnly wrote:Gees I hope he is being supported by some reliable family members or friends, with his whole life crashing down around his ears in the last month he is going to be in an extremely vulnerable emotional state!
v good post.

I am not a fan of Gram - think he's replaceable but he needs help now so I hope the club provides it and he reaches out to both family and friends.

I actually hope he gets another gig - although, role model spots at GWS are gonna be tough on the back of this...

“Yeah….nah””
Dave McNamara
Saintsational Legend
Location: Slotting another one from 94.5m out. Opposition flood? Bring it on...! Keep the faith Saintas!

Teflon wrote:
v good post.

I am not a fan of Gram - think he's replaceable but he needs help now so I hope the club provides it and he reaches out to both family and friends.

I actually hope he gets another gig - although, role model spots at GWS are gonna be tough on the back of this...
Watts the Buzz wrote:

All of the above.

Yep, Grammy is very replaceable on field - which quite frankly is ridiculous given his talents. :idea:

However he is not replaceable off the field. Clearly there's stuff very wrong in his life now. I too hope that he gets the necessary support during what would be a very vulnerable stage of his life. Wouldn't want something even worse to happen.

Get sorted, get better Grammy. And all in all, thanks for the memories. I hope that one day in the near future you'll feel welcome back around the club as a past player.

It's Dave, man. Will you open up? I got the stuff with me! -------Who?
Dave, man. Open up ------------------------------------------ -----Dave???
Yeah, Dave. ---------------------------------------------------------Dave's not here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOiG1hAr ... detailpage
skeptic wrote: Tue 30 Jan 2024 8:07pmCongrats to Dave McNamara - hereby dubbed the KNOWINGEST KNOW IT ALL of Saintsational
:mrgreen:
desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

Never been a fan. Simply too soft at the ball and the man too many times.
So no loss on the field to me.
But gee. Just hope the club is doing the right thing here.
Hope gram gets out of this hole, which just got a heck deeper.

"The starting point of all achievement is desire. "
dcstkfc
Saintsational Legend

Just a terrible set of circumstances clearly. Hope he can get his life back in order.

As for on-field, this hurts us more than most are suggesting. No Goddard and Gram, we are missing a lot of drive off half back now. Not going too badly by season's end, only 15th in the BnF but a Brownlow Vote in the last game of the year.

STRENGTH THROUGH LOYALTY.

‎''I still get really excited, and I've got the '66 thing up on the wall in a frame … You look at it and think: one day, we want to achieve that.''- Arryn Siposs
dcstkfc
Saintsational Legend

Had a look and it turns out he was voted our best player in the POTY count in his final two games for the club

STRENGTH THROUGH LOYALTY.

‎''I still get really excited, and I've got the '66 thing up on the wall in a frame … You look at it and think: one day, we want to achieve that.''- Arryn Siposs