Lucas Cook

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Uncle Barrels
Club Player

Lucas Cook

Ok, not a good look being let go by Melbourne, but was a highly-rated junior by all accounts, 2009 All-Australian under 18 CHF and will be a delisted free agent shortly.

Deficiencies apparently in pace off the mark and appetite, but potentially worth a look at 196cm?

Article -
Interesting part:
“Right now he’s training really hard, he’s put on 3kg and he’s got a pretty extensive weights program he’s gone and got some assistance with.

“He has some interested clubs that are in the need for a key-position footballer. Some have expressed interest in him playing as a centre half-back, others as a centre half-forward.”

Pask said Cook had added another 3kg to his frame this off-season, bulking the endurance king up to 91kg.
Could we be one of the clubs looking at him as KPD? Even as a Rookie...

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Re: Lucas Cook

I reckon no or not us or no way or pass or not yet.

Uncle Barrels
Club Player

Not yet?

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Uncle Barrels wrote:Not yet?

Wait until hell freezes over.

saint6709
Club Player

I have posted about him on another thread - elite kicking skills - would need a few extra kgs - but could possibly be a backman in the mold of dustin fletcher (cook is 196 cm) -- the dees are a rabble and i think some good players probably looked really bad there ( I would also look at Bate as a big bodied mid) -- definately worth looking at cook i think -- our key backman delema is only going to be solved before 2013 by looking outside the box

Uncle Barrels
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:

Ha.

Straightforward enough.

Why?

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Uncle Barrels wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Ha.

Straightforward enough.

Why?

Because at the moment we have stuff all spots on our list. I think we have one or two at the moment. Another hack means either one less young guy or one more delisting. We probably have 30 people looking at kids around the land this year. lets see if any of them can pick a star because you only improve with stars and not hacks or even GOPS.

Uncle Barrels
Club Player

True

Saintersss
Club Player

We don't have many spots on the list and forwards are probably one area we don't need to draft in.

evo
Club Player

Because at the moment we have stuff all spots on our list. I think we have one or two at the moment. Another hack means either one less young guy or one more delisting. We probably have 30 people looking at kids around the land this year. lets see if any of them can pick a star because you only improve with stars and not hacks or even GOPS

There were a lot of GOP's in Sydney's GF side. Some from other clubs.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

evo wrote:Because at the moment we have stuff all spots on our list. I think we have one or two at the moment. Another hack means either one less young guy or one more delisting. We probably have 30 people looking at kids around the land this year. lets see if any of them can pick a star because you only improve with stars and not hacks or even GOPS

Yep and they are fine when you are at the top of the tree like we were 3 years ago. They arent fine when you are on your way down and the stars you do have are all 28 and older. If we had 22 Blake type players we would be a very honest hard working side who would finish between 14 and 18.

To win a flag you must have stars. The stars we have will probably not be around when we challenge again. We need to find them through the draft or through trading. i am guessing Cook will not be a star.

evo
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:
evo wrote:Because at the moment we have stuff all spots on our list. I think we have one or two at the moment. Another hack means either one less young guy or one more delisting. We probably have 30 people looking at kids around the land this year. lets see if any of them can pick a star because you only improve with stars and not hacks or even GOPS

Yep and they are fine when you are at the top of the tree like we were 3 years ago. They arent fine when you are on your way down and the stars you do have are all 28 and older. If we had 22 Blake type players we would be a very honest hard working side who would finish between 14 and 18.

To win a flag you must have stars. The stars we have will probably not be around when we challenge again. We need to find them through the draft or through trading. i am guessing Cook will not be a star.
Did not say he would be and don't want him myself, just saying we should not overlook GOP's if they are young enough and fill a role. Do not think we are going to get a "star" at pick 45.

saint6709
Club Player

Saintersss wrote:We don't have many spots on the list and forwards are probably one area we don't need to draft in.
His highlight reel shows him across half back as well as forward - you would only look at him if there was a chance he could fill the key back spot that needs filling

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

saint6709 wrote:
Saintersss wrote:We don't have many spots on the list and forwards are probably one area we don't need to draft in.
His highlight reel shows him across half back as well as forward - you would only look at him if there was a chance he could fill the key back spot that needs filling

I reckon he may be able to fill Dowlers spot.

Saintersss
Club Player

saint6709 wrote:
Half back would probably be the other area, haha.

saint6709
Club Player

he is 196 cm thats key back size

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

saint6709 wrote:he is 196 cm thats key back size

He weights 29 KG though. And he is a forward.

saint6709
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:
saint6709 wrote:he is 196 cm thats key back size

He weights 29 KG though. And he is a forward.
He would need to eat a hell of a lot of chicken breasts in the next 6 months - BUT if we are going to solve the key back issue before 2013 - we are going to have to do something a bit radical and turning a forward ( cook or someone else ) into a back is probably a pretty good option

maverick
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:

Just out of interest what stars do Sydney have under 28?

Dave McNamara
Saintsational Legend
Location: Slotting another one from 94.5m out. Opposition flood? Bring it on...! Keep the faith Saintas!

plugger66 wrote:
And it ain't happening any time soon...
The following is an actual question given on a University of Washington engineering mid term. The answer was so profound that the Professor shared it with colleagues, which is why we now have the pleasure of enjoying it as well.

Bonus Question: Is Hell exothermic (gives off heat) or Endothermic (absorbs heat)?

Most of the students wrote proofs of their beliefs using Boyle's Law, (gas cools off when it expands and heats up when it is compressed) or some variant. One student, however, wrote the following:

"First, we need to know how the mass of Hell is changing in time. So we need to know the rate that souls are moving into Hell and the rate they are leaving. I think that we can safely assume that once a soul gets to Hell, it will not leave. Therefore, no souls are leaving. As for how many souls are entering Hell, let's look at the different religions that exist in the world today. Some of these religions state that if you are not a member of their religion, you will go to Hell. Since there are more than one of these religions and since people do not belong to more than one religion, we can project that all souls go to Hell. With birth and death rates as they are, we can expect the number of souls in Hell to increase exponentially.

Now, we look at the rate of change of the volume in Hell because Boyle's Law states that in order for the temperature and pressure in Hell to stay the same, the volume of Hell has to expand as souls are added. This gives two possibilities:

If Hell is expanding at a slower rate than the rate at which souls enter Hell, then the temperature and pressure in Hell will increase until all Hell breaks loose.
Of course, if Hell is expanding at a rate faster than the increase of souls in Hell, then the temperature and pressure will drop until Hell freezes over.
So which is it? If we accept the postulate given to me by Teresa Banyan during my Freshman year, "...that it will be a cold day in Hell before I sleep with you." and take into account the fact that I still have not succeeded in having sexual relations with her, then, #2 cannot be true, and thus I am sure that Hell is exothermic and will not freeze."

This student received the only A.

(Slow arvo', so thought I'd reprise and re-post that one.)

It's Dave, man. Will you open up? I got the stuff with me! -------Who?
Dave, man. Open up ------------------------------------------ -----Dave???
Yeah, Dave. ---------------------------------------------------------Dave's not here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOiG1hAr ... detailpage
skeptic wrote: Tue 30 Jan 2024 8:07pmCongrats to Dave McNamara - hereby dubbed the KNOWINGEST KNOW IT ALL of Saintsational
:mrgreen:
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

maverick wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Just out of interest what stars do Sydney have under 28?

Kennedy and Jack for starters and they are in the midfield. The most important position on the ground. Mumford when he is up and running goes ok as well. Hannebury is getting there and jetta is improving and may get there. Again all mids. Mc Veigh is 27 and is a very good player. Another mid. And Tommy Walsh.

bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

Dave McNamara wrote:
plugger66 wrote: Wait until hell freezes over.
And it ain't happening any time soon...
The following is an actual question given on a University of Washington engineering mid term. The answer was so profound that the Professor shared it with colleagues, which is why we now have the pleasure of enjoying it as well.

Bonus Question: Is Hell exothermic (gives off heat) or Endothermic (absorbs heat)?

Most of the students wrote proofs of their beliefs using Boyle's Law, (gas cools off when it expands and heats up when it is compressed) or some variant. One student, however, wrote the following:

"First, we need to know how the mass of Hell is changing in time. So we need to know the rate that souls are moving into Hell and the rate they are leaving. I think that we can safely assume that once a soul gets to Hell, it will not leave. Therefore, no souls are leaving. As for how many souls are entering Hell, let's look at the different religions that exist in the world today. Some of these religions state that if you are not a member of their religion, you will go to Hell. Since there are more than one of these religions and since people do not belong to more than one religion, we can project that all souls go to Hell. With birth and death rates as they are, we can expect the number of souls in Hell to increase exponentially.

Now, we look at the rate of change of the volume in Hell because Boyle's Law states that in order for the temperature and pressure in Hell to stay the same, the volume of Hell has to expand as souls are added. This gives two possibilities:

If Hell is expanding at a slower rate than the rate at which souls enter Hell, then the temperature and pressure in Hell will increase until all Hell breaks loose.
Of course, if Hell is expanding at a rate faster than the increase of souls in Hell, then the temperature and pressure will drop until Hell freezes over.
So which is it? If we accept the postulate given to me by Teresa Banyan during my Freshman year, "...that it will be a cold day in Hell before I sleep with you." and take into account the fact that I still have not succeeded in having sexual relations with her, then, #2 cannot be true, and thus I am sure that Hell is exothermic and will not freeze."

This student received the only A.
(Slow arvo', so thought I'd reprise and re-post that one.)
I've definitely read that Hell of a thing before.... :lol:

Will we pick up a player in the SSP window :?:
The Redeemer
SS Life Member

People are critical on Melbourne for the sake of it.

Yes they botched it although it would not be entirely Melbourne's fault that say Lucas Cook or Cale Morton did not come on to become the players that dignified such high draft selections.

saint6709
Club Player

The Redeemer wrote:People are critical on Melbourne for the sake of it.

Yes they botched it although it would not be entirely Melbourne's fault that say Lucas Cook or Cale Morton did not come on to become the players that dignified such high draft selections.
Agree - but you would not "not look at a player because he wasn't able to make it at melbourne"

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

saint6709 wrote:
The Redeemer wrote:People are critical on Melbourne for the sake of it.

Agree - but you would not "not look at a player because he wasn't able to make it at melbourne"

Well I cant see how it is a good sign.