Bridesmaids

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

older saint
SS Life Member

Bridesmaids

One week to go and a lot could happen, however up until now we have
Lost Goddard for pick 13
Given up 12 for a ? In Lee
Missed caddy
Missed Stevens
Unlikely to get Brown
Will lose cripps
Struggling to get Hickey

With 13 now issued It could change but so far very ordinary 2 weeks
Last edited by older saint on Sat 20 Oct 2012 6:13pm, edited 1 time in total.

PJ
SS Life Member

Re: Bridesmaids

Have you been on the turps for the last 24 hours?

I've never seen a bad St.Kilda player - that's just how they are.
borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

I thought this wasa thread about Roo's wedding. Not as interesting though.

kimberly saint
Club Player

let goddard go for the benefit of the club and its future, the more i think of it the more i feel club was happy to part ways.
Caddy maybe slipped threw but out of our control, could not match geelogs offer
Did club even want stevens ???
Lee looks the goods we got pick 25 with the lee deal why cant people realise this
How can we miss brown when he is contracted to a club we are just testing the waters, if we get him great if not thats why he is contracted
cripps could be a loss but we do not know yet
Hickey deal ????

I only really joined and started posting on saintsational, but one thing i have noticed is we have a lot of negative supporters. I wonder how many these post are serious or just people fishing. Wait a week folks then have ya whinge . History shows most trades done in last moments of trade time

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

don't know about the bridesmaids but a former captain and former saint is another in the bridal party

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
asaint
Club Player

saintbrat wrote:don't know about the bridesmaids but a former captain and former saint is another in the bridal party
Has to be Banger.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

If Lee works out and we get a gun with 13 i wont give a flying hoot about whatever else transpires.

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

asaint wrote:
saintbrat wrote:don't know about the bridesmaids but a former captain and former saint is another in the bridal party
Has to be Banger.
nup but similiar colour pattern now :(

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
Scoop
Club Player

older saint wrote:One week to go and a lot could happen, however up until now we have
Lost Goddard for pick 13
Given up 12 for a ? In Lee
Missed caddy
Missed Stevens
Unlikely to get Brown
Will lose cripps
Struggling to get Hickey

With 13 now issued It could change but so far very ordinary 2 weeks
There's a week to go in the trade period....let's assess at the end....

Also....another one who doesn't seem to understand the Lee deal....touted as top 15 in the draft....plus picks 24 and 43.... :roll:

Extra! Extra! Read all about it......no I don't want to read about it anymore!!!
Scoop
Club Player

Also....re the Goddard loss.....was a strategic move...freed up heaps in the SC...for a 28yo...coming off 2 reasonably ordinary seasons (by his standards)....coupled with the Riewoldt salary reduction and others, such as Joey....will set us up for years to come....and will bring the salaries of players into a more realistic range....

I am happy with the strategy so far....

Extra! Extra! Read all about it......no I don't want to read about it anymore!!!
8856brother
Saintsational Legend

asaint wrote:
Has to be Banger.
Luke Ball, BJ

Club Player

kimberly saint wrote:let goddard go for the benefit of the club and its future, the more i think of it the more i feel club was happy to part ways.
Lee looks the goods we got pick 25 with the lee deal why cant people realise this
How can we miss brown when he is contracted to a club we are just testing the waters, if we get him great if not thats why he is contracted
Hickey deal ????

I only really joined and started posting on saintsational, but one thing i have noticed is we have a lot of negative supporters. I wonder how many these post are serious or just people fishing. Wait a week folks then have ya whinge . History shows most trades done in last moments of trade time
+1

WinnersOnly
SS Life Member

3 weeks is a long time to wait for results but our patience will be rewarded!

SAINTS another day older another day closer to the Holy Grail!
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

WinnersOnly wrote:3 weeks is a long time to wait for results but our patience will be rewarded!
Agree.

If we land Hickey for pick 25 we should be very satisfied.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
St Ick
SS Hall of Fame

kimberly saint wrote:..... we are just testing the waters, if we get him great....
Probably should go in the rumour thread but thats fantastic news! Would prefer him for Cripps over Brown any day of the week! You really think Weagles would give him up so easily though? 8-)

Strength through Loyalty
Go those mighty Sainters!!
noob
Club Player

You watch the last hour of trade week. Picks/players will be flying everywhere! Always happens

kimberly saint
Club Player

St Ick wrote:
kimberly saint wrote:..... we are just testing the waters, if we get him great....
Probably should go in the rumour thread but thats fantastic news! Would prefer him for Cripps over Brown any day of the week! You really think Weagles would give him up so easily though? 8-)

clever :wink:

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Most people seem to regard this as a super draft.

Most supporters bemoan our lack of quality recruits in recent times.

Most supporters got excited that we could pick up some real talent this year, particularly with the expected additional first round pick for BJ.

And yet a few seem disappointed that we have not been able to trade those picks for every kid that has put up his hand to return to Victoria. Some who a lot of us barely know or have even heard about. Or that we didn't pick up some ruckman who has had injury problems; or another bloke from a rabble team who is no better than what we already have.

I still believe well get Hickey and maybe one or two others. That will happen this week or not at all.

But if it is "not at all" then what's the problem? We then head into the "super draft" with some pretty good picks.

Why are some people getting flustered about it all? I'm sure Pelchen and his team aren't. 8-)

St Ick
SS Hall of Fame

Dr Spaceman wrote:Most people seem to regard this as a super draft.

Most supporters bemoan our lack of quality recruits in recent times.

Most supporters got excited that we could pick up some real talent this year, particularly with the expected additional first round pick for BJ.

And yet a few seem disappointed that we have not been able to trade those picks for every kid that has put up his hand to return to Victoria. Some who a lot of us barely know or have even heard about. Or that we didn't pick up some ruckman who has had injury problems; or another bloke from a rabble team who is no better than what we already have.

I still believe well get Hickey and maybe one or two others. That will happen this week or not at all.

But if it is "not at all" then what's the problem? We then head into the "super draft" with some pretty good picks.

Why are some people getting flustered about it all? I'm sure Pelchen and his team aren't. 8-)
Fair call, I know I have been all over the place wanting some hope in the aftermath of losing Goddard. I've heard the draft is fantastic up to say 25-30. That gives us two picks as it stands. The players we want will probably take away at least that pick 25, leaving us with hopefully 13 to get a very good player. I think the fact we lost BJ, coupled with the media's insistence to link us with everyone and the long drawn out process has a lot of us on edge.

Strength through Loyalty
Go those mighty Sainters!!
stinger
Saintsational Legend

St Ick wrote: I think the fact we lost BJ, coupled with the media's insistence to link us with everyone and the long drawn out process has a lot of us on edge.

exactly

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
gringo
Saintsational Legend

I think we looked at guys like Caddy and thought he should be ready to go from day one which means we could all hate Pelchen for ever when he was crap. The pick 13 will go to a kid who might take 4 years to show how much we should hate the incompetent cheese monkeys for swapping a Rolls Royce for Daewoo. It's simple, lose a star get a star back or be held for ever accountable. I'm still shitty we didn't get Judd and Hodge instead of Ball. Doesn't matter it wasn't on the cards to get both, still just wrong. What about Jack Riewoldt and Darling. These idiots didn't get them so obviously very flawed recruiters.

remboy
SS Hall of Fame

kimberly saint wrote:let goddard go for the benefit of the club and its future, the more i think of it the more i feel club was happy to part ways.
Hickey deal ????

I was about to type this word for word and then saw your response. Couldn't agree more.

Opinions are like arseholes, everybody's got one.
Saintly spirit
Club Player

borderbarry wrote:I thought this wasa thread about Roo's wedding. Not as interesting though.
Why are you fascinated with roos wedding night? Perv