Salopek ??????

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

rexy
SS Life Member

Re: Salopek ??????

whiskers3614 wrote:Would be shocked if we took anyone over the age of 25.
Possible exception of a Key backman.
Despite what fans may be dreaming Watters knows we aren't going to be serious contenders for next 3 or 4 years and will manage list accordingly
Disagree with this, think it is a misconception that lists take 3 to 4 years to overhaul, can be turned around quickly with smart recruiting, both youth and experience are factors IMO.

Don't know where I sit on Salopek but his age shouldn't define the decision, just ability, form, health and price

Maybe this year?
bozza1980
Club Player

Re: Salopek ??????

busso mick wrote:
kosifantutti wrote:Back before the '02 draft there were a lot of comparisons between Salopek and Goddard and it looked like we would get one or the other.

It would be ironic if we picked up Salopek and gave him number 18.
You wonder if we didn't get Goddard gift wrapped (in brown paper) by the Bluebaggers whether we would have drafted him. I like the symmetry there Kosifantutti :idea:
He was the player we were going to use pick 3 on after Carlton picked up Goddard and Wells with 1 & 2.

Showed ability in patches, would be surprised if we chased him but not shattered.

Life is very short and there's no time for fussing and fighting my friends.