Jamie Cripps-Mitch Brown? !!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Re: Jamie Cripps-Mitch Brown? !!

Why good luck to him???

He was selected by us, developed by us, was given opportunities by us, the walked...

Without repaying our investment!!

I hope he turns out a flop, in fact I am pretty sure he will.... He doesn't have a thirst for the contest!!

At least BJ gave us many years of good service. This clown shows nothing more than some glimpses running fwd of the ball and then demands to be traded??
Should be thankful he's got a job, because he ain't no world beater.

bozza1980
Club Player

elvis lives wrote:pick 43 for Pears? maybe we could offer GC pick 24 for Ablett? I would take Pears over mitch brown in a heartbeat
43 for Ablett, more than enough.

Life is very short and there's no time for fussing and fighting my friends.
fugazi
Saintsational Legend

this quote today:

The deal to get West Coast defender Mitch Brown to St Kilda is no closer, with Brown's manager, Liam Pickering, telling Melbourne radio SEN on Saturday morning Brown understood he was no certainty to find his way to the Saints.

Prefer him to be talking it up rather than down!

Nee!
magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

F*** Mitch Brown. He's not the answer. Draft the best backman from the U18s and get the best one from the VFL as a stop gap until we can bring the young one up to speed.

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
Heidelberg_Saint
Club Player

magnifisaint wrote:F*** Mitch Brown. He's not the answer. Draft the best backman from the U18s and get the best one from the VFL as a stop gap until we can bring the young one up to speed.
I'm starting to agree with this sentiment. Retain our good draft picks and draft Jansch from Oakleigh, a 194cm key defender. Play Stefan Martin as a gumby stop gap for 2013 and maybe we could then pick up Brown end of next year as a free agent. We're not challenging, may as well stock up at the draft.

St Ick
SS Hall of Fame

Heidelberg_Saint wrote:
magnifisaint wrote:F*** Mitch Brown. He's not the answer. Draft the best backman from the U18s and get the best one from the VFL as a stop gap until we can bring the young one up to speed.
I'm starting to agree with this sentiment. Retain our good draft picks and draft Jansch from Oakleigh, a 194cm key defender. Play Stefan Martin as a gumby stop gap for 2013 and maybe we could then pick up Brown end of next year as a free agent. We're not challenging, may as well stock up at the draft.
S Martin = plan C... not a bad fallback fullback.

Strength through Loyalty
Go those mighty Sainters!!
rexy
SS Life Member

Sounds like a Cripps for Stevens trade is on the cards, with something else thrown in? According to my twitter time line anyway!

Maybe this year?
ROLS-LEE
Club Player

rexy wrote:Sounds like a Cripps for Stevens trade is on the cards, with something else thrown in? According to my twitter time line anyway!
I would be happy with that.

I hope we keep ray but if he wants to go then him and pick for martin and gysberts

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

ROLS-LEE wrote:
rexy wrote:Sounds like a Cripps for Stevens trade is on the cards, with something else thrown in? According to my twitter time line anyway!
I would be happy with that.

I hope we keep ray but if he wants to go then him and pick for martin and gysberts

Are we recruiting for Sandy or the saints because it seems people want to get in a lot of WAFL or VFL players. Martin fair enough if we cant get Hickey. The others can try at another club.

Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

The herald sun has an article stating pretty much the same. Along the lines of Cripps and pick 53 for Stevens and pick 38. Apparently WC are very keen on Cripps .

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Old Mate wrote:
The herald sun has an article stating pretty much the same. Along the lines of Cripps and pick 53 for Stevens and pick 38. Apparently WC are very keen on Cripps .

If we do that then we have given up on Brown IMO. We dont need Stevens but surely we could use Brown. Hope they wait until the last day of trade so it at least makes the Eagles think.

Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Old Mate wrote:

If we do that then we have given up on Brown IMO. We dont need Stevens but surely we could use Brown. Hope they wait until the last day of trade so it at least makes the Eagles think.
WC continue to come out in the media and say Brown is off limits. They said words to the effect that they wouldn't even trade him for the Goddard compo pick. Possibly just smoke and mirrors however it's looking more and more unlikely that we'll get him.

Agree on Stevens, he is surplus to our requirements. I guess we need to weigh up whether it would be in our best interests to get a pick alone or Stevens for losing Cripps. I personally hope that we are more focused on another tall defender option.
Last edited by Old Mate on Sun 14 Oct 2012 10:23am, edited 2 times in total.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Fkn WCE list manager with a quote akin to "We want to deal a deal on Cripps and We hope St.Kilda respect his wishes to play with us"

Hmmm - we have to respect Cripp's wishes but they dont have to respect Browns :roll:

Arrogant pricks

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Old Mate wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Old Mate wrote:

WC continue to come out in the media and say Brown is off limits. They said words to the effect that they wouldn't even trade him for the Goddard compo pick. Possibly just smoke and mirrors however it's looking more and more unlikely that we'll get him.

Agree on Brown, he is surplus to our requirements. I guess we need to weigh up whether it would be in our best interests to get a pick alone or Brown for losing Cripps. I personally hope that we are more focused on another tall defender option.

Completely lost me in the last paragraph.

WinnersOnly
SS Life Member

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/afl/departm ... 6495005316

Looks like WCE will be happier to hand over STEVENS in a straight swap for CRIPPS. We may not get BROWN or if we do will have to trade way over what we should eg Sel 13. Interesting times ahead...!

If BROWN stays at WCE I hope they have to match what the SAINTS were prepared to pay him...
Last edited by WinnersOnly on Sun 14 Oct 2012 10:32am, edited 1 time in total.

SAINTS another day older another day closer to the Holy Grail!
Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:

Completely lost me in the last paragraph.
Yeah I meant Stevens, not Brown. I tried to edit but you were too quick.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:Someone told me he has a girl friend who won't leave Perth and they want to be together so he wants out.
Can't we find him one who lives here :wink:

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

bigcarl wrote:
gringo wrote:Someone told me he has a girl friend who won't leave Perth and they want to be together so he wants out.
Poor little boy!

Does he really have a girlfriend?

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
Rosco
Club Player

WinnersOnly wrote:http://www.heraldsun.com.au/afl/departm ... 6495005316

Looks like WCE will be happier to hand over STEVENS in a straight swap for CRIPPS. We may not get BROWN or if we do will have to trade way over what we should eg Sel 13. Interesting times ahead...!

If BROWN stays at WCE I hope they have to match what the SAINTS were prepared to pay him...
Nope. He's got a year to run on his current contract. If he signs an extension you'd think he'd be asking for more than what we offered, given he doesn't want to be there. Not that he would.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

magnifisaint wrote:
bigcarl wrote:
Poor little boy!

i saw him in the preseason with Farren in Elsternwick and he was wearing these pink gym shorts that looked like they were from Myer miss shop pulled up to his armpits and a tight singlet. Until I realised they were footy players I thought they were special friends that Milney has issues with. I thought even still he might be batting with the other team so was a little surprised he had a girl friend. That's not meant to sound derogatory just an observation. Good luck to him if he was but footy has come along way from when it was a bloke culture, he looked like he'd come from the wax and solarium joint.

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

The Eagles want to trade for homesick Saint Jamie Cripps but list manager Craig Vozzo yesterday maintained Mitch Brown would not be part of any deal and would remain an Eagle next season. The Saints, however, are determined to pursue Brown, who had sought a trade, in a bid to strengthen their back line and have not ruled out reopening negotiations. They would be prepared to offer the 23-year-old a three-year contract.

Brown's manager, Liam Pickering, has cast further doubt on any move.

''According to West Coast, it's not going to happen,'' Pickering said.

Brown, the twin of Collingwood's Nathan, has a year to run on his contract. He has been unable to get a regular game with the Eagles, managing just eight last season and sits behind tall defenders Darren Glass, Will Schofield and Eric Mackenzie.

Pickering also said he was confident he would find a new home for former Port Adelaide midfielder David Rodan.

The Cats continue to work on a deal to secure Melbourne's Jared Rivers.

Meanwhile, St Kilda's bid for high leaping young Gold Coast ruckman Tom Hickey is facing some possible competition from North Melbourne and Essendon, both of which are in the market for back-up ruckmen.

While the Saints have offered Hickey a three-year deal and are his preferred destination, the Dons and North also have an interest in Hickey.

St Kilda has been the clear frontrunner for Hickey, the Saints wishing to find a higher leaping ruckman to support Ben McEvoy. Hickey has a background as an elite volleyballer and the Suns say his scope for improvement is enormous given his relative lack of experience.

Essendon is yet to re-contract David Hille, while North is in negotiations with Geelong over a trade for Hamish McIntosh, opening up a vacancy for a younger ruckman to support Todd Goldstein.

St Kilda's football operations chief Chris Pelchen has confirmed that it would entertain trading the draft pick it will receive for Brendon Goddard - the club expects this to be pick No.13 - if the right deal is there.

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/d ... z29F3RT0jp

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

magnifisaint wrote:
bigcarl wrote:
Poor little boy!

He does and I dont blame him for wanting to go back to be with her. As for footy I wish he would stay.

Megamaguire
Club Player

Joffaboy pointed out that the WC 'Negotiator' is running some sort of media campaign to wangle a deal 'against' St. K. along the lines of 'we have to respect Cripp's wishes' but as J-boy points out they don't see themselves as a club that should have to respect Browns or moreso St. Kilda's wishes.

I knew there were good reasons why i didn't particularly like the WC privilaged outlook on the world. Even with Lyon @ Freeo i'd still much prefer Freeo win the derbies there.
The thing is WC obviously rate Cripps highly and would love to get him 4 v. little from a 2nd. rate club like St. Kilda (as they see it).
It is pig-headed 2 force Brown to put up with another 7 or 8 games he might get in the 2013 season while @ the same time try and get Cripps 4 little in return.

GO SAINTS!

The boy can play and we can build a defence around him that will have respect.
SinCitySainter
Club Player

joffaboy wrote:Fkn WCE list manager with a quote akin to "We want to deal a deal on Cripps and We hope St.Kilda respect his wishes to play with us"

Hmmm - we have to respect Cripp's wishes but they dont have to respect Browns :roll:

Arrogant pricks
But there is a major difference Brown has a contract where as Cripps does not.

Anyway we should trade Cripps to them and tell them that we expect a first round draft pick for him.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:Fkn WCE list manager with a quote akin to "We want to deal a deal on Cripps and We hope St.Kilda respect his wishes to play with us"

Arrogant pricks
Yep. Cripps played 16 games for us this season, so almost a regular. Brown is locked in behind three good players over there and can't crack a regular senior game.

You'd reckon a straight swap would be a fair deal. In their favour even.

Some want to chuck them draft picks as well as Cripps to secure Brown. :roll: