fazz going?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Superboot
SS Life Member

Re: fazz going?

Farren is a quality player.

I'd be very sorry to see him go.

whiskers3614
Saintsational Legend

Was he the unlucky bastard that gave away the 50 in front of goal in GF1 2010?

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

whiskers3614 wrote:Was he the unlucky bastard that gave away the 50 in front of goal in GF1 2010?
yes

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
St Lenny
Club Player

I love Faz, would be sorry to see him go.

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

whiskers3614 wrote:Was he the unlucky bastard that gave away the 50 in front of goal in GF1 2010?
Yep the umpire pinned him straight away. Only thing was that a Collingwood player bu ried one of our bloke into the ground free kick umpire pays a free Blair picks the ball up and runs five meters boots a goal. Players ask for 50 umpire replies didn't blow the whistle twice????????? Cheat.

NO IFS OR BUTS HARVS IS KING OF THE AFL
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

Munga wrote:Ray and 2nd round for Frawley. Make it happen
Are you suggesting that the current Melbourne Administration is as STUPID as a previous North Melbourne Administration? !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

SaintSimmo
Club Player

I hope Farren gets a chance at another club, not because I think he is a crap player, I actually think he is a quality player and he also seems like a great bloke.

He obviously isn't in Scott Watters plans and he would definitely be in Melbourne's top 5 players. He deserves to be playing AFL week in week out, not running around in the VFL.

Sainter for life.
bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

SaintSimmo wrote:I hope Farren gets a chance at another club, not because I think he is a crap player, I actually think he is a quality player and he also seems like a great bloke.

He obviously isn't in Scott Watters plans and he would definitely be in Melbourne's top 5 players. He deserves to be playing AFL week in week out, not running around in the VFL.
That'll be his 3rd club.....not many QUALITY players play for 3 clubs and are still quality at their 3rd....

Season 2024 is where RTB is showing the footy world his grasp of the modern game. :shock:
whiskers3614
Saintsational Legend

bobmurray wrote:
SaintSimmo wrote:I hope Farren gets a chance at another club, not because I think he is a crap player, I actually think he is a quality player and he also seems like a great bloke.

That'll be his 3rd club.....not many QUALITY players play for 3 clubs and are still quality at their 3rd....
Diesel?

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

whiskers3614 wrote:
bobmurray wrote:

Diesel?

Hall but lets face it he will be basically delisted by 2 of them. Those other 2 were chanced by every club.

dragit
Saintsational Legend

I remember seeing BJ & Ray interviewed together after our last game, arm in arm, happy as Larry…

I thought at the time "BJ doesn't look like a bloke that is about to leave us, look at that camaraderie"

Little did I know that they both had probably already decided that it was their last game for us and together.

I would be trying to hold onto Ray, particularly now that BJ (& maybe cripps?) has left… I would play Ray in front of CJ every day of the week, I imagine he would be thinking that Newnes/Dunell/Markworth will be favoured for game time in front of him.

bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

dragit wrote:I remember seeing BJ & Ray interviewed together after our last game, arm in arm, happy as Larry…

I thought at the time "BJ doesn't look like a bloke that is about to leave us, look at that camaraderie"

Little did I know that they both had probably already decided that it was their last game for us and together.

I would be trying to hold onto Ray, particularly now that BJ (& maybe cripps?) has left… I would play Ray in front of CJ every day of the week, I imagine he would be thinking that Newnes/Dunell/Markworth will be favoured for game time in front of him.
We need to evolve...changes have to be made at some point...may as well be now

I don't care who makes up the playing list..as long as they are a better group than the other 17 teams and CAN actually win the farkin flag.... :evil:

Season 2024 is where RTB is showing the footy world his grasp of the modern game. :shock:
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

I rate him. Good player. Courage and great overhead for his side.
Has to be worth a pick in the 30s. Still has plenty of footy in him.
Seriously there are plenty of rubbish players drafted at age 18. At least with Ray you know what you are getting and that he is definitely up to AFL footy standard.

mad saint guy
Saintsational Legend

I hope Ray stays. He's a quality player and was very good in his limited opportunities this year. I have no doubt that he was treated unfairly and wouldn't begrudge him for leaving, but at least he seemed to have settled into the side a bit by the end of the year. If he truly wasn't part of Watters' plans then he wouldn't have played him in a dead rubber against Carlton.

Farren is an elite runner, great overhead mark, finds the footy and generally uses it well. He got a bit complacent under Lyon but really pulled the finger out and worked desperately to get back into the team this year. He still has plenty of good footy left in him and has immense finals experience. If he could get his goalkicking right then I think he could be a very damaging wingman who pushes forward; he's taken some great marks inside 50 but rarely converts. If he brings his accuracy up to 65% I could see him kicking 15 goals a year and just adding an edge to his game. He's also a handy run-with option for damaging outside mids.

Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

Monfries (26 by the start of next season) went to Port for a 3rd round DP so trading Ray (27 by start of next season) for a Melbourne's 3rd rounder seems about right.

Considering we received Ray + pick 48 for our 2nd round DP and taking into account he is now 4 years older and struggling to get a game I doubt we could expect too much more.

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!
Sick Nal Danto
Club Player

Essendon only got a crap pick for monfries, because he was going to go their via free agency.

They decided to be nice to port (Who have undecided compensation picks for Chaplin and Pearce) and organise a trade

mad saint guy
Saintsational Legend

Sick Nal Danto wrote:Essendon only got a crap pick for monfries, because he was going to go their via free agency.

They decided to be nice to port (Who have undecided compensation picks for Chaplin and Pearce) and organise a trade
Both teams benefited from trading rather than doing it via FA. Essendon received something rather than nothing as Goddard would have cancelled out any compo from Monfries.

mordi
Club Player

bobmurray wrote:

Guerra

What's the Point of it All?
villasaint
Club Player

Thanks for your service f ray, all the best for the future. I would be surprised to see a club willing to trade, and just pick him up in the draft.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

villasaint wrote:Thanks for your service f ray, all the best for the future. I would be surprised to see a club willing to trade, and just pick him up in the draft.

They cant. He has a contract.

Ralphy
Saintsational Legend

mordi wrote:
bobmurray wrote:

Guerra
everitt... (Peter)

St Ick
SS Hall of Fame

Considering we received Ray + pick 48 for our 2nd round DP and taking into account he is now 4 years older and struggling to get a game I doubt we could expect too much more.
I'd argue that he is a much better player than the player who came to us, despite being older (obviously)

Strength through Loyalty
Go those mighty Sainters!!
Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

St Ick wrote:
I'd argue that he is a much better player than the player who came to us, despite being older (obviously)
Yet the Dees will argue "Well then why isnt he playing 1st team football every week"

We have much the same argument against West Coast for Mitch Brown

You can argue till your red in the face but the bottom line is if a player over the age of 24 isnt playing regular first team football then he cant be worth much more than a 2nd or 3rd round draft pick (leaning more to 3rd round IMO)

Some clubs are reasonable in their expectations and some aren't and I would like to think that the Saints are a reasonable club to deal with

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!
mad saint guy
Saintsational Legend

St Ick wrote:
Absolutely. I remember watching him in the finals just before we got him, and he was absolutely deplorable. Poor work ethic, no intensity and made stupid decisions with the ball. Getting traded for basically nothing was a big wake up call to him and he was a very handy player in 2009 and 2010. I think he got back and possibly even surpassed that form this year when he played as well, I just can't see why we'd let him go. He also is a couple of years younger than the rest of our core and would provide invaluable experience in a couple of years time when the others start retiring.

St Ick
SS Hall of Fame

mad saint guy wrote:
St Ick wrote:
Absolutely. I remember watching him in the finals just before we got him, and he was absolutely deplorable. Poor work ethic, no intensity and made stupid decisions with the ball. Getting traded for basically nothing was a big wake up call to him and he was a very handy player in 2009 and 2010. I think he got back and possibly even surpassed that form this year when he played as well, I just can't see why we'd let him go. He also is a couple of years younger than the rest of our core and would provide invaluable experience in a couple of years time when the others start retiring.
Good point, you'd think we would want to keep hold of him due to his age, we keep winging about having very few in that age bracket yet we trade them while contracted. I wonder if he must leave, that the Dees would entertain Faz, 24 and a late pick for pick 13! So its almost like we are getting Lee for Ray!

Not likely.... but I am excited for the trades we have ahead of us...

Strength through Loyalty
Go those mighty Sainters!!