Rumour Thread

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

dragit
Saintsational Legend

Re: Rumour Thread

joffaboy wrote:From that page

"@AFL_News: Expect a deal between GC and North Melbourne. Caddy to the Roos on a 3 year deal worth 900k."

3 hours ago
Hopefully this is wrong, you would think that GCS would prefer an earlier pick?

Also a lot to pay for North, their first pick will then be near 40

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

"@AFL_News: Expect a deal between GC and North Melbourne. Caddy to the Roos on a 3 year deal worth 900k."

3 hours ago

Why the f*** would he go to such a s*** club like NM??

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
dragit
Saintsational Legend

Wouldn't it be great if Tippett & Caddy etc do go into the draft… and Viney is pushed to pick 3, add Danniher and we could be looking at picks 9 & 10 as far as live picks go, we can then choose decide on Caddy at the time.

whiskers3614
Saintsational Legend

Who is this Caddy?
The amount of discussion on here would suggest he's the next Judd/Ablett.
Is he that good?

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

whiskers3614 wrote:Who is this Caddy?
The amount of discussion on here would suggest he's the next Judd/Ablett.
Is he that good?
No. No where near.

Which is not to say that he will not become a good player. But those two are truly elite, and few are that good.

With Caddy you are talking about someone worth a mid to late first round pick.

His main advantage over sticking with a kid, is that he will be ready to play in 2013.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
Watts the Buzz
Club Player

dragit wrote:

3 hours ago

They can have him! In what seems to be a very deep draft this year, we could potentially secure a kid that will be more valuable than Caddy and we won't have to pay that sort of stupid money for him. Caddy - kid with plenty of potential that finished 17th in the GCS B & F this year - is there anything else???????? Can anyone please attempt to justify the hype and his inflated price tag - I just can't see it - please enlighten me.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

I just think anyone who was a high pick (top 10) and is 20yo would get people in an overblown frenzy.
Happens rarely they become available. Look what GWS paid for Scully. Lots of silliness around for players at that age.
I see we forget him.

Scoop
Club Player

Watts the Buzz wrote:
dragit wrote:

3 hours ago

They can have him! In what seems to be a very deep draft this year, we could potentially secure a kid that will be more valuable than Caddy and we won't have to pay that sort of stupid money for him. Caddy - kid with plenty of potential that finished 17th in the GCS B & F this year - is there anything else???????? Can anyone please attempt to justify the hype and his inflated price tag - I just can't see it - please enlighten me.
Caddy high draft pick....could be anything.....could be nothing....

Only played 2 years....probably need to cut him some slack....however would not be overly disappointed if we miss out on him....

Extra! Extra! Read all about it......no I don't want to read about it anymore!!!
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:I just think anyone who was a high pick (top 10) and is 20yo would get people in an overblown frenzy.
Happens rarely they become available. Look what GWS paid for Scully. Lots of silliness around for players at that age.
I see we forget him.
But Con Gorozidis previously wrote: Well he cant go to Geelong because we have a pick ahead of them. Id be totally peeved if the Blues get him - we should have tanked against those cheating arrogant w*nkers.

I say bring Caddy to Saints for pick 13. CMON!
:?

St Ick
SS Hall of Fame

Dr Spaceman wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:I just think anyone who was a high pick (top 10) and is 20yo would get people in an overblown frenzy.
I see we forget him.
But Con Gorozidis previously wrote: Well he cant go to Geelong because we have a pick ahead of them. Id be totally peeved if the Blues get him - we should have tanked against those cheating arrogant w*nkers.

Con can be confusing at times I must say

Strength through Loyalty
Go those mighty Sainters!!
kimberly saint
Club Player

wats peoples thoughts on caddy finishing 17th in club b@F. How many games did he play this season ?, i no ya cant judge a guy on one season or can ya but i would of expected him to be at least top ten with all his hype on him if he played all year. He is pretty much playing with blokes with the same development as him. Is he really worth pick 13 in such a strong draft

gringo
Saintsational Legend

Somehow the Tigers are going to get hold of Dom Tyson and are really pulling together lots of ready to go players. This trade period will be interesting because so many are considering themselves close to the top tier of the comp. Teams like Geelong, Collingwood, Hawks, Sydney, Blues, Essendon and Richmond are trying to fill holes in their list which means there are only a few trying to build from the draft.

It will be interesting to see how many will be KPP that are drafted early, I think as someone said there will be some good mids drifting out which means if we do miss Caddy we may just take a gun mid that is a little further away in development.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

St Ick wrote:
Dr Spaceman wrote:
I see we forget him.

Con can be confusing at times I must say
Con's had a change of heart and I agree with him. Caddy is overrated and I'd rather that we keep our two draft picks. We're not going to challenge for the next 3 or 4 years anyway.

Lets trade using our second round pick and a fringe player or two for what we need now. There's also the option of a mature age recruit.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
gringo
Saintsational Legend

kimberly saint wrote:wats peoples thoughts on caddy finishing 17th in club b@F. How many games did he play this season ?, i no ya cant judge a guy on one season or can ya but i would of expected him to be at least top ten with all his hype on him if he played all year. He is pretty much playing with blokes with the same development as him. Is he really worth pick 13 in such a strong draft

I would say if you looked at Armo in his second year he would have probably been lower in the count. Even guys like Cotchin weren't instant guns and he came on early. He didn't really play at all last year so pretty much played in his first proper season. Ablett is a gun but the team played better when he was missing because guys like Caddy take responsibility instead of letting him go first to the ball. He will be good and if you think that a first year player from the draft will be an instant player you will be disappointed. Selwood and Heppell are the only players I can remember having an impact in their first year for ages otherwise most take around 3 to 5 years to become consistent.

kimberly saint
Club Player

gringo wrote:
kimberly saint wrote:wats peoples thoughts on caddy finishing 17th in club b@F. How many games did he play this season ?, i no ya cant judge a guy on one season or can ya but i would of expected him to be at least top ten with all his hype on him if he played all year. He is pretty much playing with blokes with the same development as him. Is he really worth pick 13 in such a strong draft

I would say if you looked at Armo in his second year he would have probably been lower in the count. Even guys like Cotchin weren't instant guns and he came on early. He didn't really play at all last year so pretty much played in his first proper season. Ablett is a gun but the team played better when he was missing because guys like Caddy take responsibility instead of letting him go first to the ball. He will be good and if you think that a first year player from the draft will be an instant player you will be disappointed. Selwood and Heppell are the only players I can remember having an impact in their first year for ages otherwise most take around 3 to 5 years to become consistent.
i honestly no nothing of caddy, just trying to get a idea about him. armo and cotchin came into mature sides would not of got onball time and games time as much as caddy . I was just bit surprised at his placing, he plays wing on ball right ?

gringo
Saintsational Legend

kimberly saint wrote:
gringo wrote:

i honestly no nothing of caddy, just trying to get a idea about him. armo and cotchin came into mature sides would not of got onball time and games time as much as caddy . I was just bit surprised at his placing, he plays wing on ball right ?

He's a future mid but most kids that age don't have an engine for too much time on the ball so goes to the wing. He will still probably take a year or two of development but he looks the goods long term. I'm putting it out there that he will be elite -I'm not a hindsighter.

St Ick
SS Hall of Fame

Koby Stevens got under 10 disposals on avg, but played just 35% game time. Crippa the same from 65%. Caddy got what, 18? At the age, its not about huge numbers, its about glimpses of what could be.

Having said that, he did get a high amount of inside 50's which is a great stat, we've always needed and wanted goal kicking/forward moving mids!

Strength through Loyalty
bergholt
Saintsational Legend

St Ick wrote:...we've always needed and wanted goal kicking/forward moving mids!
Shame Cripps is going, then, because if there's one thing he can do it's kick a goal.

Sick Nal Danto
Club Player

Caddy or no Caddy, we SHOULD get a good player with pick 13

The thing I like about drafting players, is you get to be the first one's to mould how they play

For example, I doubt many recruiters would've seen Siposs as a possible HBF/Skilful wingman but because he is still so young we have the opportunity to mould him into this type of player

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Dr Spaceman wrote:
I say we forget him.

i want caddy. but im saying it seems a bidding war has developed in the last week.
so you havent 'caught me out' dr. nice try though.
my position is get caddy - 13 would be fine - BUT NOT AT ANY COST.
i.e its not just about draft picks - we ALL know very much that SC also plays a very important part.

So you havent caught me. Im saying pick 13 and 3 x $250k would be fair.
but if a bidding war has broken out and his $$ asking price is going up - then id be happy to walk away from the deal now.

as maynard keynes said "when the facts change i change my view, what do you do sir?"

St Ick
SS Hall of Fame

bergholt wrote:
St Ick wrote:...we've always needed and wanted goal kicking/forward moving mids!
Shame Cripps is going, then, because if there's one thing he can do it's kick a goal.
This is true, but there is talk we are still trying to keep him. That could mean two things...

1) We are actually trying to keep him... or

2) We are giving the impression that he is a required player, and that 'we aren't giving up without a fight'. If we were all, yeah, he is going, we'll find a deal to get him to WC... then they might not be willing to give up more to get him. A bit like what Eddie is trying to do with Wellingham. Its just another tactic imo.

Yeah, Con, I know what you mean, but having said that it was always going to be a bidding war... the fact lots of clubs want him surely means he has potential. I'd rather that than get the bloke noone wants for less.

Strength through Loyalty
skeptic
Saintsational Legend

$900k!!!????

My god, if that's true that club deserves to go under

8856brother
Saintsational Legend

Pick 13 is going to the Pies from Melbourne for Dawes apparently will happen next week. How is this possible? How can anyone trade picks when the AFL haven't yet assigned free agent compo picks. If I trade for pick 13. I expect to get pick 13.

How is this joke of a system supposed to work.

Saintsational Legend

Melbourne are over rating Dawes. 2nd round at best.

tweedaletomanning
Club Player

borderbarry wrote:Melbourne are over rating Dawes. 2nd round at best.
Ahhh good old dees, the club that ensures that we don't look the stupidest.