Joel Tippett?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintjake
Club Player

Joel Tippett?

Trying to get back into the AFL
good size, 23 y.o

Full back of the year in the SAFL

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/ ... fault.aspx

shmic_s
Club Player

Re: Joel Tippett?

Would suit our needs. Just mentioned this in the Raph thread.
But I wonder if GWS can pre-select Joel Tippet, like they did for Saad and Milera, and then we could trade a player or pick for JT?

HitTheBoundary
SS Hall of Fame

Another article.... "He's just a very solid player who is rarely beaten one on one."

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/afl ... 6386819341

spert
Saintsational Legend

The club is after ruckmen and big backmen, so anyone who shows a bit of promise in those positions could be on the radar

gringo
Saintsational Legend

Would be after him in a flash.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:Would be after him in a flash.

Is there anyone you wouldnt go after?

santazzi
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:

Agree with the question P66.............There is nothing more I have grown to hate than posts that just throw up a name and follow it with "should we have a look at...".....Why?...........If one adds up all the names raised this way STK looks like a shelter house for wrecked footballers.........

bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

Let's compete with Collingwood and try and recruit them all...

We could well end up with a reputation as a spud farm....

Six debutants for the Saints so far in Season 2024. :D
whiskers3614
Saintsational Legend

So Cousins & Fevola not making comebacks with Saints?

bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

whiskers3614 wrote:So Cousins & Fevola not making comebacks with Saints?
I thought Old Mate was the bong man

Six debutants for the Saints so far in Season 2024. :D
Zed
SS Hall of Fame

Sounds like someone will probably give him 1 last crack at it.

“If you want the rainbow you gotta put up with rain” Dolly Parton
gringo
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:

yeah, you. i'd cut you from the list because your attitude sucks balls.

in my world you can look at about 50 players in every draft period safe in the knowledge that at best 2 you really want end up at the club unless you have the first 2 picks in all the drafts. Why wouldn't we look at a guy who is ready made as a mature age full back and has proven himself at a comp that has produced several recent mature age players who are going well. If we can't get Frawley he is a really solid option that a lot of AFL clubs including Adelaide Hawks and geelong will be into also. We are after a quality full back that can play next season to an elite level got any others in mind?

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

yeah, you. i'd cut you from the list because your attitude sucks balls.

in my world you can look at about 50 players in every draft period safe in the knowledge that at best 2 you really want end up at the club unless you have the first 2 picks in all the drafts. Why wouldn't we look at a guy who is ready made as a mature age full back and has proven himself at a comp that has produced several recent mature age players who are going well. If we can't get Frawley he is a really solid option that a lot of AFL clubs including Adelaide Hawks and geelong will be into also. We are after a quality full back that can play next season to an elite level got any others in mind?

My attitude sucks because i wouldnt have a hack player at our club. Interesting. I suggest out of every name that was mentioned on here last year we got none. i am suggesting out of every name mentioned on here this year we will get one at the most and I hope it isnt Joel Tippet. And we cant get Frawley because it is a bulls*** rumour on a fan forum. And i have no idea of a quality FB that is a available because I doubt there is any but that doesnt mean we get a player to make Sandy stronger.

By the way in the real world what you look at has nothing to do with what the Saints look at. Now that is the real world.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
My attitude sucks because i wouldnt have a hack player at our club. Interesting. I suggest out of every name that was mentioned on here last year we got none. i am suggesting out of every name mentioned on here this year we will get one at the most and I hope it isnt Joel Tippet. And we cant get Frawley because it is a bulls*** rumour on a fan forum. And i have no idea of a quality FB that is a available because I doubt there is any but that doesnt mean we get a player to make Sandy stronger.

By the way in the real world what you look at has nothing to do with what the Saints look at. Now that is the real world.

You don't live in the real world, you are an old internet troll hanging around to jump out from under your cyber bridge and bag anyone who has an opinion. I know I have no control over the clubs decisions but mine is no less valuable than yours just because you don't rate them. You have no more influence than me even though your mates with all the players. i don't think Elshaugh will ask your opinion of how you think Tippett will go next year either. your attitude sucks because your contrary and belittling with an over inflated idea of your own opinion and a patronising tone to everything you write.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

You don't live in the real world, you are an old internet troll hanging around to jump out from under your cyber bridge and bag anyone who has an opinion. I know I have no control over the clubs decisions but mine is no less valuable than yours just because you don't rate them. You have no more influence than me even though your mates with all the players. i don't think Elshaugh will ask your opinion of how you think Tippett will go next year either. your attitude sucks because your contrary and belittling with an over inflated idea of your own opinion and a patronising tone to everything you write.

Name one time when I have said your opinion doesnt count or mine counts more. As if anyone would listen to me or you. We are nobodies with bulls*** names. I have no high opinion of what I think but i do have common sense with what I think. If you dont like what I write ban me like some of the other morons who get upset when their ideas are shown to have no common sense. I trust you arent a little weed like some of then and like a debate about players. Its easy if you dont though but dont expect me to stop commenting if I think an opinion lacks common sense or is just plain stupid.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote: Name one time when I have said your opinion doesnt count or mine counts more. As if anyone would listen to me or you. We are nobodies with bulls*** names. I have no high opinion of what I think but i do have common sense with what I think. If you dont like what I write ban me like some of the other morons who get upset when their ideas are shown to have no common sense. I trust you arent a little weed like some of then and like a debate about players. Its easy if you dont though but dont expect me to stop commenting if I think an opinion lacks common sense or is just plain stupid.

you don't need to say it it's what you infer with your disregard. that fact that you are saying you have common sense but inferring no one else does shows that you are a prime hypocrite. The fact that you think anyone of a differing opinion lacks common sense shows that also. I love a debate but a debate isn't "your an idiot for suggesting we should take a player that I don't like". I don't expect anything from you do what you want- just that i don't like your attitude and I think you're an uncivilised man.

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

As Nelson Munz would say....

BTW

Who is Joel Tippett??

So I say NO!

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:
plugger66 wrote: Name one time when I have said your opinion doesnt count or mine counts more. As if anyone would listen to me or you. We are nobodies with bulls*** names. I have no high opinion of what I think but i do have common sense with what I think. If you dont like what I write ban me like some of the other morons who get upset when their ideas are shown to have no common sense. I trust you arent a little weed like some of then and like a debate about players. Its easy if you dont though but dont expect me to stop commenting if I think an opinion lacks common sense or is just plain stupid.

you don't need to say it it's what you infer with your disregard. that fact that you are saying you have common sense but inferring no one else does shows that you are a prime hypocrite. The fact that you think anyone of a differing opinion lacks common sense shows that also. I love a debate but a debate isn't "your an idiot for suggesting we should take a player that I don't like". I don't expect anything from you do what you want- just that i don't like your attitude and I think you're an uncivilised man.

Again show mw post where i start with calling people names. It is peoples imagination. And i can clearly say I am one of the most civilised persons you are likely to meet.

You have mentioned at least 30 players you want. I totally disgree with some of them. If you want to sit in a circle and hold hands and just get people to agree with you then ban those who dont agree with you because no matter what you want or think of me i will continue to write that some ideas are stupid if i disagree with them. You think i am uncivilised and I think you are a sook.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
gringo wrote:

Again show mw post where i start with calling people names. It is peoples imagination. And i can clearly say I am one of the most civilised persons you are likely to meet.

You have mentioned at least 30 players you want. I totally disgree with some of them. If you want to sit in a circle and hold hands and just get people to agree with you then ban those who dont agree with you because no matter what you want or think of me i will continue to write that some ideas are stupid if i disagree with them. You think i am uncivilised and I think you are a sook.

well you show me the 30+ players I have said I want. Sorry to all for hijacking a thread with squabbles.

SuperDuper
Club Player

Full back in the SANFL team of the year, so of course they will look at some videos of him form this season....
They will then make an informed decsion on him.
WHy do I think this?
Because they are professionals and they will be looking at all available full backs.

I have not seen those videos so have no opinion in him

Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

bobmurray wrote:
whiskers3614 wrote:So Cousins & Fevola not making comebacks with Saints?
I thought Old Mate was the bong man
:shock:

whiskers3614
Saintsational Legend

i OUTGREW bONGS in the 80's.
Have been known to hang around with some West Coast identities since!