Leave Brendan Alone I say

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Dis Believer
Saintsational Legend
Location: The terraces at Moorabbin, in the pouring rain.......

Re: Leave Brendan Alone I say

What are you - his brother??? Very much over him, it was obvious after his life memebership speech that he was gone - that's right, life membership!!!!

I have invested no energy in picking on, poor, wealthy Brendon, but I will say, "BJ - bite my bag you moneygrubbing turd".

The heavy metal artist formerly known as True Believer!
IF you look around the room and can't identify who the sucker is, then it's probably you!
Moods
Saintsational Legend

'He gave his all' is what I keep reading.

Just out of curiousity - who HASN'T given their all?

I don't wish him well. He left our club because he wanted more money. Nothing more nothing less. More than the overly generous offer we already had on the table. I don't wish him well. Why would I or any one of us? I don't wish ill of him either. I just don't really care about him anymore (although I will take some secret delight if he plays poorly against us) I wonder if a few extra 100K at the end of his career (when he was already rolling in cash) will be worth it? I wonder if he thinks it will be worth it? I wonder if in 30 years time he looks back and just wishes he stayed a one club player?

I have heard through close relatives and friends who know AFL footballers, that for many, it was one of the biggest regrets of their life leaving their original club when they didn't have to. Some have no choice but to leave, some need more opportunity. Brendon has chosen to leave purely for more money. He wasn't a pauper and was never going to be, he just wanted more money. I actually find it sad. sadder still is the amount of people who shrug their shoulders and reckon it's normal behaviour. Maybe it is, maybe I'm the abnormal one? I just reckon when you're already earning in the top 3% of society, why leave just to earn more? I wonder if he'll be able to take all that money to his grave one day? I wonder if the great mates he talks of at the saints will remain as close? I'm sure they won't be enemies, but you have to wonder about these things.

Leave Brendon alone - yeah poor baby. He's a public figure. He will cop it and he knows it.

Moods
Saintsational Legend

double post

Dave McNamara
Saintsational Legend
Location: Slotting another one from 94.5m out. Opposition flood? Bring it on...! Keep the faith Saintas!

Some of you guys are a bit harsh...

We have pick 13,
$650K extra in our cap (and at the expense of the Effn'dum cap being maxed-out as a sweet bonus), :lol:
the chance to get some youth (maybe even rescue that youth Chip Frawley from the Dreamon rabble :twisted: ) :lol:
... and all with the club coming up smelling roses (pretty much)... coz BJ was the one who ultimately chose to go...

Not only has BJ given us 10 years of wonderful service for which I will always be grateful, but bearing all the above bounty in mind, now that he has gone, as Gringo put it beautifully in another thread...

BJ is the player who just keeps on giving... :idea:

So from me it's a very sincere thank-you and best wishes BJ..., I guess someone in the AFL has to suck in those av' gas fumes at the airport...,
(if I was good enough to play AFL, there is no way I'd go to Effn'dum for that reason)...,

and of course, thank-you, thank-you, thank-you Effn'dum. :lol: :lol: :lol:

It's Dave, man. Will you open up? I got the stuff with me! -------Who?
Dave, man. Open up ------------------------------------------ -----Dave???
Yeah, Dave. ---------------------------------------------------------Dave's not here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOiG1hAr ... detailpage
skeptic wrote: Tue 30 Jan 2024 8:07pmCongrats to Dave McNamara - hereby dubbed the KNOWINGEST KNOW IT ALL of Saintsational
:mrgreen:
st.byron
Saintsational Legend

I can understand someone taking an extra million bucks for one year more of contracted time.
Nevertheless, F*** him I say. I don't wish him well. Loyalty = zero. And that to me is an important quality. $650k p.a not enough and you'd hardly reckon he's going to struggle for a job when he finishes playing footy. BJ Greedard.

Saints43
Club Player

Moods wrote:'He I wonder if he'll be able to take all that money to his grave one day?
If he does I'll go to the funeral. I wouldn't boo him but I'd rob his grave.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Saints43 wrote:
Moods wrote:'He I wonder if he'll be able to take all that money to his grave one day?
If he does I'll go to the funeral. I wouldn't boo him but I'd rob his grave.
He's the exact opposite to most of us.

In our world, WE pay the TOLL, not the other way around. :wink:

saintsrocks552

damienc wrote:I have read some utter BS about Brendan Goddard on this site and about how he is going to cop it when we play the Bombers. The guy was entitled to do what he did end of story. He was a free agent. Welcome to the new world of the AFL. His departure hurt us and there will be many more like him- star players I am talking about- from other clubs who will cause similar pain I am sure. The deed is done... he is gone and out of respect for him and his service to the Saints I wish him well but not too well when he plays us. So, I say let's get our priorities right and look forward not back. We've got some salary cap room and a first round draft pick to play with. Now is the time for our football brains trust to show us what they are made of and get us some good players to replace him. Players that are going to give us great service and fill the holes we so desperately need filled. This is a great test for Pelchen and Watters and I am watching with interest.
A lot of fans are seeing his leaving for more $$$$ as a betrayl. I do but I am definetly not going to be vocal about it and don't comment on much matters, because personally, I have no clue on what had been going on behind closed the doors. I do know that St Kilda is not a one man club and they shouldn't pay him to top dollar for him to stay another another three years with the optional fourth, so I am glad in a way that we lost him because TO ME! he sounds like he cared about more about the $$$ then about the club. That's just how I see it. So good luck to him then,we don't need someone like that at the club. This is the nature of the AFL business it does happen. Shame its happening to us, but it did and we have to look forward in mentoring a better playing then Goddard through whom we have or whom we pick from the draft to replace him.

HitTheBoundary
SS Hall of Fame

I wish him all the best, except for when he plays against us. At least he left in circumstances where we received some compensation. Hopefully we get a great young player as a replacement.

I am already looking forward to the weekly BJ thread after every game next season.

8856brother
Saintsational Legend

HitTheBoundary wrote:I wish him all the best, except for when he plays against us. At least he left in circumstances where we received some compensation. Hopefully we get a great young player as a replacement.

I am already looking forward to the weekly BJ thread after every game next season.
Hopefully we get less Ball threads then.

Saintsational Legend

Sub human Essendon player.

And should be treated accordingly.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
stinger
Saintsational Legend

the apple never falls far from the tree in my experience...sad but true...bj was a favorite of mine...not anymore....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
savatage
SS Life Member

Leave him alone....all of you....alll of youuuuuuuu!!!!

dragit
Saintsational Legend

8856brother wrote:
HitTheBoundary wrote:I wish him all the best, except for when he plays against us. At least he left in circumstances where we received some compensation. Hopefully we get a great young player as a replacement.

Hopefully we get less Ball threads then.
Maybe we could combine them all into a continuous sticky "traitorous can'ts"

Hurricane
Saintsational Legend

I reserve the right to boo a player who took a life membership with my club and claimed to be passionate and loyal then turned around and scupered for a bit of coin.

I will not go over the top or scream swear words or abuse at him but I will boo him when Essendon runs out and probably when he touches the ball in his first game against us. Ill leave it alone after that.

I think its carthritic for us to express our displeasure in this way. It sure is for me. Im sure Goddard could give a flying fig about my opinion but it will sure make me feel a bit better to show my displeasure with him for leaving.

BANG BANG

Mitsuharu Misawa 1962 - 2009.

I am vengeance....I am the night...I....AM.....BATMAN

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass and im all out of bubblegum
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:the apple never falls far from the tree in my experience...sad but true...bj was a favorite of mine...not anymore....
Harsh.

Nobody really knows the dealings between Brendon and the Saints...

Not sure you need to make comparisons with his family.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:
stinger wrote:the apple never falls far from the tree in my experience...sad but true...bj was a favorite of mine...not anymore....
Harsh.

i thought he was comparing him to an apple?

SinCitySainter
Club Player

I will respect BJ's decision if he admits it was about the money.
His agent coming out and saying it is about security and new opportunities and the money was not major factor is simply dishonest.
Why should we respect somone who lies to our faces?
I have no problem with someone leaving for the money, it is a valid and honest choice.
Good on him, I would do the same.
Don't then feed us BS and expect us to like it.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

SinCitySainter wrote:I will respect BJ's decision if he admits it was about the money.
His agent coming out and saying it is about security and new opportunities and the money was not major factor is simply dishonest.
I have no problem with someone leaving for the money, it is a valid and honest choice.
The guy was told he had to wait until Rd 18 for 'his turn' in the midfield.

33 disp, 9 tackles, 5 clearances, 10 contested possessions, 12 score involvements.

Of course money is a factor, but opportunity is the word I'd use as well....

8856brother
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:
SinCitySainter wrote:I will respect BJ's decision if he admits it was about the money.
The guy was told he had to wait until Rd 18 for 'his turn' in the midfield.

33 disp, 9 tackles, 5 clearances, 10 contested possessions, 12 score involvements.

Of course money is a factor, but opportunity is the word I'd use as well....
Do you seriously believe that K. Sorry BJ, no midfield for you until round 18. Maybe if he got the defensive side of his game sorted out, and to a level the coachs were happy with, he may have got in there earlier.

Lack of opportunity IMHO is a copy out. An easy way to keep money, and maybe security, out of the equation.
Last edited by 8856brother on Thu 04 Oct 2012 2:28pm, edited 1 time in total.

SS Life Member

Lack of opportunity? That is a laughable suggestion. Money is the reason he is not as St.Kilda - the sooner you realise this the better for you.

Good luck to him too.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

He wants to play in the midfield, I don't see how is that being delusional?

He will get that opportunity at the Bombers, and I personally reckon he'll shine.

I have no probs with him being 'sent back to school' one bit, but to argue against that this season saw him playing mostly everything but as a midfielder....the sooner people realise this the better IMO.

He came 4th in the best and fairest because he did try to do all of the following...

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/afl ... 6415086662

"He's played wing, he's played as a defender, he's played as a high forward and he's played as an inside mid because I want to challenge him to win contested ball and balance his game out.

"I think he's played some really selfless roles this year. A lot of times his work inside of stoppages releases a lot of our other players so he's been more selfless.''

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

200 games life member. Did his darndest to win us a flag.
I think he is beyond booing. People like Scully - for sure . Go nuts and boo the house down. But I reckon BJ has well past the point.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:
Harsh.

that's your opinion...i have already expressed mine...bit like the cloke family and their dad......all greedy with money their god.....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Charming...

Think he's broken enough stuff...like a collarbone trying to win this club a flag

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/afl/departm ... 6487643496