Article: St Kilda Supporters Reaction to Brendon Goddard

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

Re: Article: St Kilda Supporters Reaction to Brendon Goddard

another opinion from a saddened supporter
overview of the last 8 years

http://mattwebberwrites.com/2012/10/02/ ... take-away/

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
MCG-Unit
SS Life Member

andrewg wrote:
Harvey To Hayes wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
What the hell would you know about me mate? When I was captaining my club I knocked back a deal worth hundreds of dollars more a week to stay with my club and my mates, and that was when I was studying and had bugger all money - not the same as the hundreds of grand that BJs deals are worth but enough to be certain of my own moral compass when it comes to these things. Why don't you do us all a favour and piss off you sanctimonious d**khead... I fully believe you used to be an umpire, head up your ass and no idea about anything...

Excellent stuff especially after such a tough question. I take you havent had a root in a while. Surely if you had taken the extra money you could have paid for one. Now please settle down and go to bed. take a sock with you.
Another personal attack plugger. Not good enough IMO, just happening too often and shouldn't be tolerated not just by mods but by everyone else on here.
Was it also a personal attack for the poster to call P66 a d...head?

This coming from someone who I'm quite sure started a thread "Vomit Polo'. Plus various comments on Kosi. Have a read of your own 'contributions' before slamming anyone else :oops:

Stand your ground :shock:
prwilkinson
SS Hall of Fame

Not worth the contract he has been given. Blessing in disguise.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

fugazi wrote:Best wishes to BJ. Nearly won us a Grand final. Gave it all up for the club when he played. Good leader. We couldn't afford to keep him and Essendon could....why do we have to turn it into a character assassination?
Love you're work BJ. See ya.

My Saints mate was feeling bad about BJ leaving so he girlfriend asked him if he wanted a Brendon Goddard to cheer him up. :D

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote:
fugazi wrote:Best wishes to BJ. Nearly won us a Grand final. Gave it all up for the club when he played. Good leader. We couldn't afford to keep him and Essendon could....why do we have to turn it into a character assassination?
Love you're work BJ. See ya.

My Saints mate was feeling bad about BJ leaving so he girlfriend asked him if he wanted a Brendon Goddard to cheer him up. :D
If he's satisfied with his girlfriend thumping him on the chest he's easily pleased :P

mbogo
SS Hall of Fame

Goddard has my respect - he played about the best possible GF game for us and bled in another when he did not capitulate. Our club did not think he was worth even the years of contracts others would offer him ... and we did not try to avoid this by signing him earlier.
I am not sure his coaches at our club have used him very effectively either - with a few exceptions in particular games. He left for a million bucks more - no one with any advice could do anything else.

This is a team game and there is no room for individuals who think they are above walking through the fire.
fugazi
Saintsational Legend

mbogo wrote:Goddard has my respect - he played about the best possible GF game for us and bled in another when he did not capitulate. Our club did not think he was worth even the years of contracts others would offer him ... and we did not try to avoid this by signing him earlier.
I am not sure his coaches at our club have used him very effectively either - with a few exceptions in particular games. He left for a million bucks more - no one with any advice could do anything else.

Agree with this.........Bombers should give him one role and watch him deliver. I was surprised Watters didn't do this, but continued Lyon's jack - of - all - trades policy.

He should be played as an outright midfielder, or a goalkicking forward....pretty hard to play 3 or 4 roles a game!

Nee!
Moods
Saintsational Legend

Austinnn wrote:
Harvey To Hayes wrote:
Austinnn wrote: If we put ourselves in his situation, only the most loyal of us would ignore the promise of extra money, fresh start and (ahem) equal chances of winning a premiership to stay with our mates.

Exactly, the guy is a gutless squib. Don't worry about Roo and Lenny and a million other guys who've done the right thing for you BJ, piss off and count your money. Nothing but mercenary scum, Goddard and Essendon are made for each other.

BJ can play footy - he showed us that in 2009 and 2010 (with glimpses since) - but I'm not going to miss his petulant attitude towards team mates and constant diving, nor his ugly noggin.

So pissed off right now but I'm confident the club know what they're doing (despite what I might have written to them during a red mist when I got the initial email explaining why we're losing another top player)...

But why are we the only club who looks like losing a gun player to free agency? Why can every other club manage their finances and keep their required players together?
I am saying that most of us would not stay, so are we all gutless mercenaries? Anyone here been working for the same job in the same position for all of their career? Congrats on being loyal to your club. Maybe if the difference was HUNDREDS of THOUSANDS, money that would guarentee your kids and wife could all live comfortably no matter what you did after retirement, then you might have considered moving. But thanks for that window into your world.

I disagree with you. It's as if the saints offered him pittance and he'd have a job labouring for 10 years after footy the way you portray things. We offered him $630k A YEAR! for 3 years. Are you seriously telling me that he NEEDED the extra 100k because $630k a year just wasn't enough for him. This is where ppl have their heads up their arses I reckon. Look if he was at a job earning 90k and was offered 200k, it would completely change his lifestyle. The money the bombers are offering him won't change his lifestyle and also won't change his life after footy. Sorry, but it's pure greed. Most ppl rarely leave jobs purely for extra cash. REsearch has proven this. They leave for better opportunities, a promotion, lifestyle reasons etc etc - money also plays a role but it's rarely the only role. BJ's excuse for leaving is feeble imo. He weakly claims that he wants to play finals and win a flag. Cos the saints didn't give you that opportunity BJ?

Some say he would see what Ball did and deep down be envious, which is why he is having a crack himself. I say IF the saints win a flag regardless of what Ball of BJ do for the rest of their lives, they will look at leaving the saints as the biggest regret of their lives. It will have been something they worked twds with close mates and achived TOGETHER. Instead BJ may play in a successful team in Essendon.... What reasoning he has for that I'm not sure. It's about money pure and simple. For me, Ball's reasons for leaving were far more understandable.

james rose
Club Player

saintbrat wrote:another opinion from a saddened supporter
overview of the last 8 years

http://mattwebberwrites.com/2012/10/02/ ... take-away/
Fantastic article! Will check out his site regularly from now on.

andrewg
Club Player

MCG-Unit wrote:
andrewg wrote:
Harvey To Hayes wrote:
What the hell would you know about me mate? When I was captaining my club I knocked back a deal worth hundreds of dollars more a week to stay with my club and my mates, and that was when I was studying and had bugger all money - not the same as the hundreds of grand that BJs deals are worth but enough to be certain of my own moral compass when it comes to these things. Why don't you do us all a favour and piss off you sanctimonious d**khead... I fully believe you used to be an umpire, head up your ass and no idea about anything...

Excellent stuff especially after such a tough question. I take you havent had a root in a while. Surely if you had taken the extra money you could have paid for one. Now please settle down and go to bed. take a sock with you.
Another personal attack plugger. Not good enough IMO, just happening too often and shouldn't be tolerated not just by mods but by everyone else on here.
Was it also a personal attack for the poster to call P66 a d...head?

This coming from someone who I'm quite sure started a thread "Vomit Polo'. Plus various comments on Kosi. Have a read of your own 'contributions' before slamming anyone else :oops:[/quote]

I stand by my vomit Polo thread. He was vomit.

As for Kosi well let's no go there
And I have only attacked plugger once I think, probably defending myself.