A Storm Is Heading Our Way!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

A Storm Is Heading Our Way!

Thanks to stkildathunda for alerting me to the following

http://www.afr.com/p/national/science_i ... 5g9rQaBLWP

"So important has their role become that clubs are poaching each other’s scientists, with NRL grand finalist Melbourne Storm set to lose its head of sports science Simon Kearney to AFL club St Kilda...."

Sounds like a great pickup  :)

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

Re: A Storm Is Heading Our Way!

Another good behind the scenes recruit.

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

can he play floating HBF?

“Yeah….nah””
mr six o'clock
Saintsational Legend

chicken wings all round !

In red white and black from 73
Sick Nal Danto
Club Player

Put his name into google and read an article about experiments he had done with David Buttifant (The pies sport science man)

I can't remember where i read it, but someone stated that we decided to part ways with our previous high performance manager to find someone who had similar philosophies as those of collingwood. Because that is what watters felt suited our direction

No coincidence we got our man

bergholt
Saintsational Legend

Sick Nal Danto wrote:I can't remember where i read it, but someone stated that we decided to part ways with our previous high performance manager to find someone who had similar philosophies as those of collingwood. Because that is what watters felt suited our direction

No coincidence we got our man
I reckon we might be paying him about $250k. Where does all the cash come from?

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

All the revenue from the BJ merchandise the club were flogging off at discount prices for the last 3 months will be put to good use :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

howlinwolf
Club Player

Here's the article SND is referring to..
Hope it wasn't also the cause of Essendon's wonderful second half of the year.

http://www.theage.com.au/national/educa ... 1y8kt.html

Robert Harvey's last home game. 24 Aug 2008
StKilda 13.17 def Adelaide 6.11
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

http://www.thecourier.com.au/story/3781 ... ory/?cs=63
Kearney’s attention to detail and close work with the players’ training regimes assisted in winning the big event.

“At Storm there’s a lot of guys in their late 20s, so they all need to be trained differently according to their abilities and their sporting histories,” he said. “I bring in the latest sporting innovations – I get a good idea of each of the players’ well-being and prescribe programs accordingly.”

Kearney, a former St Patrick’s College student, went on to study sports science at the University of Ballarat between 1997 and 1999. From there, he worked with Melton Football club and the Melbourne Tigers basketball team, before working with Tennis Australia for six years, where he trained Alicia Molik for three years. He then worked for Collingwood Football Club before he made the move to Melbourne Storm in 2010.

Kearney said he was looking forward to making the transition to St Kilda football club.
Malthouse link :|

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
spert
Saintsational Legend

I get the feeling that SW is pulling out all stops to turn the Saints into a super-fit, strong fast unit- a bit like the premiership Eagles under Malthouse years back. just a hunch

Saints43
Club Player

Sainternist wrote:Another good behind the scenes recruit.
And with the club announcing that it should be back in profit from this year the Football First team - especially Michael Nettlefold - should be congratulated. They said they would spend on the football department to give the coach and players the best chance of success that they could provide and they have done that. And it has been done in difficult cicumstances sponsorship-wise without sending the club to the wall. Well done drunken sailors. :D

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

All good developments in the "quiet revolution" that is St Kilda FC! I'm loving the manner in which our board and football department are going about their business. No fanfares, big noting, predictions, etc etc. Just quietly going about the business of building our club!

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
Megamaguire
Club Player

Building the club and team into a serious contender will take a concerted and determined series of consistently good decisions.
I would rather not have any fanfares or media staged events but just know that we had a group of people including our coach who would keep working away to make the vision of a high performing team a reality and not just a hope.
I like Scott Watters but i want to reeeeeeaaally like the Watterman for making our club elite.
GO WATTAMAN!
GO SAINTS!

The boy can play and we can build a defence around him that will have respect.
Dave McNamara
Saintsational Legend
Location: Slotting another one from 94.5m out. Opposition flood? Bring it on...! Keep the faith Saintas!

thejiggingsaint wrote:All good developments in the "quiet revolution" that is St Kilda FC! I'm loving the manner in which our board and football department are going about their business. No fanfares, big noting, predictions, etc etc. Just quietly going about the business of building our club!
Agreed J-saint.

I can understand how plenty of fellow Saintsationalists get upset and want out club to make more noise Eddie-style.

The flip side is that for all his bluster and all the available $$$ assets ($$$ saved from not ever posting bail for any of their fellow Skunks), that club still nearly managed to go broke twice in 15 years (how could anyone loose money on inner city Melbourne real estate - during a boom!?!), and have only managed the one flag under blow-hard Eddie - and we all know how close run that one was. :evil:

Or look at Carlscum and their never-ending rogues' gallery of dubious presidents and board members... Ever since they have finally be called to order over their brown paper bag styled recruiting... gee, not so happy in creative accountancy paradise anymore... :P

The other way to run a club: Graham Dicker sorted out the Dawks, the clown Kennett got the glory, but their new guy is back to low-key. Collis at E-grrrls and then the Swines... Richard who? Frankie C at Girlong... low key. I couldn't even name the bloke who has replaced him.

What I'm saying is that I also like the softly, softly approach. Keep our cards close to our chests, keep our powder dry, get all the pieces for sustained success into place, and then before anyone has realised... the Saints are here to be reckoned with! :idea:

I'm a firm believer in the concept of the iron fist being in the velvet glove.

It's happening! Go you Saintas! 8-)

It's Dave, man. Will you open up? I got the stuff with me! -------Who?
Dave, man. Open up ------------------------------------------ -----Dave???
Yeah, Dave. ---------------------------------------------------------Dave's not here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOiG1hAr ... detailpage
skeptic wrote: Tue 30 Jan 2024 8:07pmCongrats to Dave McNamara - hereby dubbed the KNOWINGEST KNOW IT ALL of Saintsational
:mrgreen: