Rumour Thread

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

dragit
Saintsational Legend

Re: Rumour Thread

Old Mate wrote:
gringo wrote:I just spoke to a mate who is very well connected and works with a couple of ex afl players. He claims the rumour is that we are into Caddy with the BJ compo pick and have sounded out GC with the offer. He reckons it will get the job done and there is still some negotiations for extras thrown in but the ground work is done. It relies on getting pick 13 though.

I seriously haven't seen enough of Caddy to know if it's a good deal or not but is there anyone that has actually seen enough to form an opinion? It sounds more than likely to happen with the possibility of getting Hickey if they can do it? who thinks we win from this? Would we be better off with a kid- this must have been some kind of plan by the Saints.
From what I've heard Caddy's main reason for returning to Melbourne has not a lot to do with his ill father but instead he seeks the limelight and AFL celebrity status which comes with being an AFL footballer in Melbourne. He is not well liked amongst other GC players, again just what I've heard. But really who cares as long as he can play football, right?
Fit in well with Dunnell then… 8-) you're right as long as they can play, doesn't matter.

StevieSaint
Club Player

Said on SEN that Josh Caddy DOES NOT WANT to come to StKilda. Apparantly Carlton is where he is headed...

GO SAINTS GO
WinnersOnly
SS Life Member

Gees if we dont get Caddy I would be happy with Jacobs - nice left foot kick, quick hands and good over head. He would be a more than adequate replacement for Goddard and best of all he is a Sandringham boy !

SAINTS another day older another day closer to the Holy Grail!
sax
Club Player

WinnersOnly wrote:Gees if we dont get Caddy I would be happy with Jacobs - nice left foot kick, quick hands and good over head. He would be a more than adequate replacement for Goddard and best of all he is a Sandringham boy !

Probably wouldn't have to pay as much either.

But they do want to keep him!

http://www.portadelaidefc.com.au/news/n ... fault.aspx

Foundation Social Club Member No. 296
SaintTom
Club Player

StevieSaint wrote:Said on SEN that Josh Caddy DOES NOT WANT to come to StKilda. Apparantly Carlton is where he is headed...
Is this confirmed or speculation? If we offer the best trade...he may not have much of a choice.

dragit
Saintsational Legend

SaintTom wrote:
StevieSaint wrote:Said on SEN that Josh Caddy DOES NOT WANT to come to StKilda. Apparantly Carlton is where he is headed...
Is this confirmed or speculation? If we offer the best trade...he may not have much of a choice.
Disgraceful if true... You do have to wonder about someone desperate to get home to their ill father, but only willing to go to one club :shock: Not the way it works sunshine.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

dragit wrote:
SaintTom wrote:
Disgraceful if true... You do have to wonder about someone desperate to get home to their ill father, but only willing to go to one club :shock: Not the way it works sunshine.
But those corrupts cants at Carlscum prob will make him chief box sacker at Visy for $100K per year.

Thy would help anyone.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
jimmy_slats
Club Player

its all a load of crap every day you hear he will only go to this club then that club then wont go to this one! the coach and his manager have both said they are looking at the best deal for the club not him as that didnt work out the way they wanted last year so just sit tight and hold on for the roller-coaster that is going to be TRADE WEEK!!!!!!!

'WALK THIS WAY!!!!!'
Dis Believer
Saintsational Legend
Location: The terraces at Moorabbin, in the pouring rain.......

jimmy_slats wrote:its all a load of crap every day you hear he will only go to this club then that club then wont go to this one! the coach and his manager have both said they are looking at the best deal for the club not him as that didnt work out the way they wanted last year so just sit tight and hold on for the roller-coaster that is going to be TRADE WEEK!!!!!!!
Agreed. He will only get to Carlscum if they offer GC a higher pick than we do. So that means giving up their first rounder - of which they have only one, whereas courtesy of Goddard, we have two :D :D

Plus if we are putting together a deal with GC that includes other players and picks, you'd think we'd be miles in front. Trust the Pelican to get the deal done, this is exactly what he seems to be best at doing.

The heavy metal artist formerly known as True Believer!
IF you look around the room and can't identify who the sucker is, then it's probably you!
linmarnic
Club Player

When Scott was asked yesterday on SEN as to whether we are going after Caddy, he said "we are after someone of that ilk". He did not sound so confident about Caddy.

Never give up
SaintTom
Club Player

linmarnic wrote:When Scott was asked yesterday on SEN as to whether we are going after Caddy, he said "we are after someone of that ilk". He did not sound so confident about Caddy.
I'd take the opposite inference from that...

hotdish
Club Player

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/sport/a ... 6486144725

Caddy
Hickey
Pederson
Greenwood

Yes please! Hopefully we can acquire at least 2 of thes blokes

Others:

Thompson (Adel)

M Brown (WC)

Stevens (WC)

borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

If we do a trad with GWS or Gold Coast, we should get them to throw in the first couple of draft picks they are not going to use..
Last edited by borderbarry on Tue 02 Oct 2012 3:34pm, edited 1 time in total.

SaintSimmo
Club Player

hotdish wrote:http://www.theaustralian.com.au/sport/a ... 6486144725

Caddy
Hickey
Pederson
Greenwood

Yes please! Hopefully we can acquire at least 2 of thes blokes

Others:

Thompson (Adel)

M Brown (WC)

Stevens (WC)

Yeah I would be happy signing any of those players (except Greenwood)

Sainter for life.
SaintWodonga
Club Player

Any news on the following:
Cripps?
Ray?
Koby Stevens?
Giles?
Caddy?
Hickey?
Jacobs?
Tall backman?

Tony Lockett kicks 10 goals

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4v4ZQJHjlvM
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Dis Believer
Saintsational Legend

Having read the links people have posted, the obvious and simple way to get things done is for pick 13 to go to Adelaide, Tippett to go to the GC, and Caddy to come to us, yeah ????
We then do a straight swap, Raph or Faz for Hickey.

IF you look around the room and can't identify who the sucker is, then it's probably you!
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

lol - flog on SEN adamant he is going to Carlton for pick #11, but the article say Carlton haven't even contacted his management.

Fair Dinkum, this is sillier than trade week.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
chook23
Saintsational Legend

Gc may wish to have an extra 1st round pick in 2013 draft..............hence Cats a real chance to get him.

Compensation pick which can not be used this draft.....

Typical of why my interest in what the afl is all about .....is effecting interest is the following sentence from that articl..........

As it stands, the Saints have pick 12 and are likely to have pick 13 as part of the compensation for losing Brendon Goddard to Essendon as part of Gillette AFL Free Agency Period.

Plugging a sponsor in such a way

earning meney from the circus
Last edited by chook23 on Tue 02 Oct 2012 3:53pm, edited 1 time in total.

saint4life
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:

lol - flog on SEN adamant he is going to Carlton for pick #11, but the article say Carlton haven't even contacted his management.

and we still have trade month to go

no wonder I don't like Oct

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
SENsei
Saintsational Legend

Have heard that Tippett is going to Collingwood, Wellingham to West Coast and Dawes to Adelaide, with an exchange of picks.

Poster formerly known as SENsaintsational. More wisdom. More knowledge. Less name.
Richter
SS Life Member

Wellingham to West Coast not good news for us. WOuld likely cool any interest from them in Cripps. I can see Cripps not being traded for anything and going back in to the draft.

Hird... The unflushable one is now... just a turd...
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

SENsaintsational wrote:Have heard that Tippett is going to Collingwood, Wellingham to West Coast and Dawes to Adelaide, with an exchange of picks.
Interesting.

Dawes to Adelaide a strange one, they need a second ruckman/forward...something Dawes is not.

Would be better developing Coreys younger brother....but clubs do strange things sometimes.

So much going around, 3 more weeks of this :shock:

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:

Huddo said yesterday that he was coming to us. Bunch of flogs the lot of them. :D

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
Dis Believer
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:
SENsaintsational wrote:Have heard that Tippett is going to Collingwood, Wellingham to West Coast and Dawes to Adelaide, with an exchange of picks.
Interesting.

Dawes to Adelaide a strange one, they need a second ruckman/forward...something Dawes is not.

Would be better developing Coreys younger brother....but clubs do strange things sometimes.

So much going around, 3 more weeks of this :shock:
Agreed SK, cannot see why Adelaide would want Dawes unless he comes with the player or pick that comes from WCE for Wellingham. I still think 13 to the Crows, Tippett to GC, Caddy to us is the best outcome. Not only do we Caddy, but we get to block the filth, and we owe them several....