Shock : Thomas pots Saints over Goddard

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

bigred
Saintsational Legend

Re: Shock : Thomas pots Saints over Goddard

Back to the nailbed.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Honestly is this knob really worthy of a thread?

Failed so-called corporate git full of his own self importance who any half smart saints fan KNOWS hung around in his tenure as coach way to long after his ego got the better of him and he decided that his "Warnambool days" was all he needed to be an AFL coach. Deluded.

Then he renegs on repayment of borrowed funds to his one time mate
Then sues the club for outstanding leave AFTER signing this away in a stat dec.

Sacked everywhere it goes - why???

Complete flog who IMO cost us way more than we realise.

“Yeah….nah””
loris
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote:Honestly is this knob really worthy of a thread?

Failed so-called corporate git full of his own self importance who any half smart saints fan KNOWS hung around in his tenure as coach way to long after his ego got the better of him and he decided that his "Warnambool days" was all he needed to be an AFL coach. Deluded.

Teffers..................... me thinks you ain't a fan of GT :wink:

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

loris wrote:
Teflon wrote:Honestly is this knob really worthy of a thread?

Teffers..................... me thinks you ain't a fan of GT :wink:
actually dont mind the bloke loris.....

you should see me with people I dislike...

ok Im kidding.......I only wish the Russian diet fella GT was buying company shares in couldve trimmed his ego..

“Yeah….nah””
Terrance80
Club Player

BigMart wrote:Don't get all sooky and defensive

What he said was absolutely spot on..... We rolled over IMO

The last GREAT stand we took..... Luke Ball
What should club have done?

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Offered him a reasonable contract in May

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:Offered him a reasonable contract in May

GT did? How did he do that?

kaos theory
Club Player

We did. He wanted more.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

who says?
wheres that been reported?
has bj said that?
got a link?
and article?
a tweet?
???

because thats the first ive head of him being offered a contract in may and turning it down

bergholt
Saintsational Legend

philtee wrote:''Great clubs don't lose great people,'' Thomas tweeted this evening.
West Coast lost Chris Judd and Ben Cousins.
Collingwood lost Peter Moore, Len Thompson and Des Tuddenham.
Geelong lost Greg Williams and Gary Ablett Jr.
Carlton lost Alex Jesaulenko.
Hawthorn lost Gary Ablett Sr.
Essendon lost Gavin Wanganeen.
Brisbane lost Nathan Buckley and Jason Akermanis.
Melbourne lost Gerard Healy, Brian Wilson and Shane Woewodin.
North Melbourne lost Malcolm Blight, Wayne Carey and Ross Glendinning.
Sydney lost Greg Williams.
Footscray lost Brad Hardie and Gary Dempsey.

And heaps more that I can't remember off the top of my head.

mbogo
SS Hall of Fame

Well - I could say a bit about some of those - like COusins got sacked and Jezza was in a back-brace when Carlton got rid of him.
Would you like our list again? I think we are winning this comp .... of losers in keeping top players

This is a team game and there is no room for individuals who think they are above walking through the fire.
bergholt
Saintsational Legend

mbogo wrote:Well - I could say a bit about some of those - like COusins got sacked and Jezza was in a back-brace when Carlton got rid of him.
Would you like our list again? I think we are winning this comp .... of losers in keeping top players
Sure, that may be true. But every club loses players sooner or later, so GT was wrong on that front.

Terrance80
Club Player

Somehow I think BJ always wanted to test what he was worth on open market... And ultimately players are worth more at other clubs.... Wonder what would have happened if GT was still coach ..? Considering he always preached team over individual..?

stinger
Saintsational Legend

i can't believe this thread...i'm with thomas 100%.......great clubs don't lose no 1 draft picks ffs.......or no 2's...like ball......we have non saints pple running our club who only care about the bottom line. or in f****** lyon's case, his own skin.........not the club..... :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
Terrance80
Club Player

stinger wrote:i can't believe this thread...i'm with thomas 100%.......great clubs don't lose no 1 draft picks ffs.......or no 2's...like ball......we have non saints pple running our club who only care about the bottom line. or in f****** lyon's case, his own skin.........not the club..... :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
Ok so what do you do....? Give every player 200k more than they are worth because they ask for it and they were a high draft pick.....? Yeah that will work.... Great theory it's worked for the club in the past.... Top 10 players get all of the coin and we still have worst "bottom 6-10" in comp.....

markp
Saintsational Legend

Terrance80 wrote:
stinger wrote:i can't believe this thread...i'm with thomas 100%.......great clubs don't lose no 1 draft picks ffs.......or no 2's...like ball......we have non saints pple running our club who only care about the bottom line. or in f****** lyon's case, his own skin.........not the club..... :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
Ok so what do you do....? Give every player 200k more than they are worth because they ask for it and they were a high draft pick.....? Yeah that will work.... Great theory it's worked for the club in the past.... Top 10 players get all of the coin and we still have worst "bottom 6-10" in comp.....
You could offer a 27 year old a four year contract with conditions to be met in the third, if that's the sticking point.

mbogo
SS Hall of Fame

Terrance80 wrote:
I am with Stinger as well - funny the people I am agreeing with here - but I think it has been established we should/could have offered 4 x 600 earlier and solved this problem.
I also see a few people who have no idea about our club just turning up and getting rid of good people who want to stay with the club because of some mythical accounting principle - which may turn out to be bulls*** if we lose a number of members - or some pie in the sky pick that may or may not result in a reasonable player.
Coaches ultimately have to take some responsibility for player motivation. Would Goddard have performed better under a better coach and wanted to stay more?
Who can say? The jury is well and truly out for me on Pelchen and Watters on this decision.

This is a team game and there is no room for individuals who think they are above walking through the fire.
BringBackMadDog
Club Player

As I posted in another thread - What a stupid statement, Geelong lost Ablett for more cash then they could afford, are they not a great club????? BTW they also won a premiership a year later, maybe because thats because they developed a culture of team first?????

bergholt
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:i can't believe this thread...i'm with thomas 100%.......great clubs don't lose no 1 draft picks ffs.......or no 2's...
Tom Scully. Josh Fraser. Des Headland. Travis Johnstone. Brad Ottens. Michael Gardiner. Chris Heffernan. Matthew Primus. Jeff White. Anthony Rocca. Darren Gaspar. Nathan Chapman. John Hutton. Marcus Seecamp. James Cook. Scott Gumbleton (maybe).

Not to mention some obvious pick 3s: Judd, Brennan, Fiora, Sylvia (maybe), Ellis (maybe), Croad, Hilton, Fewster, Shannon Grant, Justin Murphy, Prior.

Get used to it. In the modern world this is going to happen more and more often.

mbogo
SS Hall of Fame

bergholt wrote:
stinger wrote:i can't believe this thread...i'm with thomas 100%.......great clubs don't lose no 1 draft picks ffs.......or no 2's...
Tom Scully. Josh Fraser. Des Headland. Travis Johnstone. Brad Ottens. Michael Gardiner. Chris Heffernan. Matthew Primus. Jeff White. Anthony Rocca. Darren Gaspar. Nathan Chapman. John Hutton. Marcus Seecamp. James Cook. Scott Gumbleton (maybe).

Not to mention some obvious pick 3s: Judd, Brennan, Fiora, Sylvia (maybe), Ellis (maybe), Croad, Hilton, Fewster, Shannon Grant, Justin Murphy, Prior.

Get used to it. In the modern world this is going to happen more and more often.
This is true but equally:
1. I don't have to like it when it happens to us.
2. It still feels like we have got well and truly Rodgered by Essendon
3. Our admin invited them in, bent over, and asked them to go for it.

ShanghaiSaint
Club Player

philtee wrote:I thought he was bowing out of the media ?
Thommo just can't help himself...

"Former St Kilda coach Grant Thomas has hit out at the club for letting star utility Brendon Goddard walk to Essendon as a free agent.

''Great clubs don't lose great people,'' Thomas tweeted this evening.

"On the surface it seems Saints were happy to release him. I'm somewhat perplexed."

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/s ... z282aVpNrj
GT is a know it all media Muppet now, that knows nothing.... guy wouldn't even admit he was wrong about wanting to sack Milne and he's gone dual AA. GT is just selling a story to keep his job safe. Goddards heart has not been with the saints since the 2010 GF draw and loss... i say we lost him at a good time. time to freshen up

Fortius Quo Fidelius
saintly
Saintsational Legend

savatage wrote:Grant has a great track record. Signing up Luke Penny for 5 years only for him to retire the next year & many many other contract blunders in his brief role as contract guy!

i forgot about luke penny on a 5 year deal