Rumour Thread

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

lefty
Club Player

Re: Rumour Thread

Caddy and Hickey for 13 + Raph... would that do it? Gold Coast need some middle aged mature players?

#1GILL
SS Hall of Fame

Ray is the sort of player who could bump us up in the draft and honestly he's not getting enough opportunities at the Saints. He's a very solid player and definitely deserves to be playing AFL.

If we could trade Ray and 34 for 26 I would say that would be a win-win. Realistically his value is quite low, especially when you compare it to what his output will be, but that's just how it goes.

8 pick upgrade and thank you Fazza for everything.

SaintSimmo
Club Player

WinnersOnly wrote:Crows - Luke THOMPSON is apparently going to ask Adelaide to be traded home to a Vic club - I wonder if he is the secret KPP defender the Saints have lined up.
I quite like this rumour, its an interesting one. Is he capable of playing at full back?

This is from his profile on the crows website:

The 20-year-old former rookie made his debut in round four following a shoulder injury to Phil Davis and held his spot for another 10 games, racking up 20 disposals and nine marks against St Kilda in round six. The lightning-quick backman looked most comfortable playing as a third tall, but at 194cm tall has the capacity to play in a key position and will compete with Talia, Sam Shaw and new recruit Lewis Johnston for a permanent position in defence.

http://www.afc.com.au/tabid/4506/Defaul ... erid=21663

Surely we have enough "third talls"

Sainter for life.
andrewg
Club Player

196 cm on the crows website, could be the secret backman!!! Would be happy with htis

dragit
Saintsational Legend

andrewg wrote:196 cm on the crows website, could be the secret backman!!! Would be happy with htis
He just grew an inch for trade purposes :D

SaintTom
Club Player

jimmy_slats wrote:artical on the afl website saying that we are in for both him and Caddy.. id be very happy to lose a compo pick and a second rounder for those 2
I'd be happy with that too, but I think it's unlikely. Problem is, Hickey is only worth a second rounder (which it is reported that we may be able to get him for) and Caddy can probably demand slightly more than we can offer with our compensation pick (considering Geelong can offer the flex-first rounder too).

I think it would therefore take something like both first rounders for those two. Don't know if I like that idea. I'd love to snag Caddy in particular, but in a strong draft I'm not sure that I love the idea of losing both our strong first round draft choice options. However there is always the argument that having Caddy/Hickey is a bird in the hand...

SaintTom
Club Player

saintbrat wrote:strong suggestion late last night that Caddy In no way wanted to come to saints

But radio tonight
strong info that saints want Caddy and hickey for #13 aand a player?
What station was that? And were there any thoughts bandied about as to which player that may be?

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

SaintTom wrote:
saintbrat wrote:strong suggestion late last night that Caddy In no way wanted to come to saints

But radio tonight
strong info that saints want Caddy and hickey for #13 aand a player?
What station was that? And were there any thoughts bandied about as to which player that may be?
no to player name...

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
bergholt
Saintsational Legend

lefty wrote:WTF, surely we can't lose Farren Ray.... I don't see Raph or now Cripps in our backline, Faz had an outstanding season this year imo, not sure why he didn't get more games.
What's his position? I've never quite worked it out. Can't really play in the guts, not good enough disposal to be a half-back flanker, not enough of a goal-kicker to be a half-forward flanker. Looked best when tagging but no-one really does that any more, hence Jones not getting games.

Saintersss
Club Player

Rumour has it Giles asked for 300,000 and GWS rejected it and Saints are one team interested.

Still being stated that St Kilda have strong interest in Caddy and are a real chance to grab him

St Ick
SS Hall of Fame

SaintTom wrote:
jimmy_slats wrote:artical on the afl website saying that we are in for both him and Caddy.. id be very happy to lose a compo pick and a second rounder for those 2
I'd be happy with that too, but I think it's unlikely. Problem is, Hickey is only worth a second rounder (which it is reported that we may be able to get him for) and Caddy can probably demand slightly more than we can offer with our compensation pick (considering Geelong can offer the flex-first rounder too).

I think it would therefore take something like both first rounders for those two. Don't know if I like that idea. I'd love to snag Caddy in particular, but in a strong draft I'm not sure that I love the idea of losing both our strong first round draft choice options. However there is always the argument that having Caddy/Hickey is a bird in the hand...
No chance that we would give two first rounders for Caddy and Hickey. Ever.

Strength through Loyalty
Go those mighty Sainters!!
Ralphy
Saintsational Legend

are we one of the teams looking into giles?

gringo
Saintsational Legend

I just spoke to a mate who is very well connected and works with a couple of ex afl players. He claims the rumour is that we are into Caddy with the BJ compo pick and have sounded out GC with the offer. He reckons it will get the job done and there is still some negotiations for extras thrown in but the ground work is done. It relies on getting pick 13 though.

I seriously haven't seen enough of Caddy to know if it's a good deal or not but is there anyone that has actually seen enough to form an opinion? It sounds more than likely to happen with the possibility of getting Hickey if they can do it? who thinks we win from this? Would we be better off with a kid- this must have been some kind of plan by the Saints.

Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:I just spoke to a mate who is very well connected and works with a couple of ex afl players. He claims the rumour is that we are into Caddy with the BJ compo pick and have sounded out GC with the offer. He reckons it will get the job done and there is still some negotiations for extras thrown in but the ground work is done. It relies on getting pick 13 though.

I seriously haven't seen enough of Caddy to know if it's a good deal or not but is there anyone that has actually seen enough to form an opinion? It sounds more than likely to happen with the possibility of getting Hickey if they can do it? who thinks we win from this? Would we be better off with a kid- this must have been some kind of plan by the Saints.
From what I've heard Caddy's main reason for returning to Melbourne has not a lot to do with his ill father but instead he seeks the limelight and AFL celebrity status which comes with being an AFL footballer in Melbourne. He is not well liked amongst other GC players, again just what I've heard. But really who cares as long as he can play football, right?

Buckets
SS Life Member

Tippett anyone? Could this be the KPP that we were looking at???

Thats Mr. Smartarse to you
WinnersOnly
SS Life Member

Caddy & Hickey

A Melbourne supporter 'The Finger' posted this on Bigfooty

Caddy and Hickey are all but signed at StKilda. It was known weeks ago hence the swift departure of Goddard.
Its basically done. StKILDA knew weeks ago.

Gees I hope he is on the money they would be a great fillip for the club after losing Brendon !

SAINTS another day older another day closer to the Holy Grail!
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:I just spoke to a mate who is very well connected and works with a couple of ex afl players. He claims the rumour is that we are into Caddy with the BJ compo pick and have sounded out GC with the offer. He reckons it will get the job done and there is still some negotiations for extras thrown in but the ground work is done. It relies on getting pick 13 though.

I thought we weren't able to use that compo pick until next year?

Could be wrong, but someone said that on here yesterday I think?

jimmy_slats
Club Player

no we have to use that pick this year and can not bank it like the compo picks from GC and GWS

'WALK THIS WAY!!!!!'
gringo
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:

maybe we are giving them our live pick 12 and using 13 ourselves then? He just said it relied on us getting 13. I'm not sure exactly what he was saying in regards to what we are giving them beyond the first round pick but sounds like they have agreed basic terms but are just icing the cake on the deals.

BringBackMadDog
Club Player

SainterK wrote:

No we can use the pick this year, the only issue is that we wont know what number it is until after the 19th which only gives us 1 week to use it. Whereas all other clubs will be trading from 8th October. Would we gamble on getting 13 and offer pick 12 to GC to get the Caddy deal done early?

SaintWodonga
Club Player

NEWS: According to Football Nation and a few other users, St Kilda are leading the way for Port Adelaide midfielder player Ben Jacobs who has cited a returning home to Victoria.

Do we rate Jacobs? Will Power have a side at all?

Tony Lockett kicks 10 goals

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4v4ZQJHjlvM
CURLY
Saintsational Legend

BringBackMadDog wrote:
SainterK wrote:

No we can use the pick this year, the only issue is that we wont know what number it is until after the 19th which only gives us 1 week to use it. Whereas all other clubs will be trading from 8th October. Would we gamble on getting 13 and offer pick 12 to GC to get the Caddy deal done early?
Im sure the clubs know exactly what there getting. The AFL couldnt possibly be that incompetant to not know before trade week.

NO IFS OR BUTS HARVS IS KING OF THE AFL
gringo
Saintsational Legend

SaintWodonga wrote:NEWS: According to Football Nation and a few other users, St Kilda are leading the way for Port Adelaide midfielder player Ben Jacobs who has cited a returning home to Victoria.

Do we rate Jacobs? Will Power have a side at all?
I rate him and the power are getting the eyes pecked out of them ouch.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

He's left footed and played as number 35 for vic metro it's fate.

mullet
Saintsational Legend

This is a terrible state of affairs for port and could easily be any of the struggling teams. It must make them ill to see how the afl looks after the 2 new teams while they struggle.
Really it was too soon to add 2 new teams. I would hate this to happen to us.