Cripps requests trade to West Coast

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

gringo
Saintsational Legend

Re: Cripps requests trade to West Coast

Dr Spaceman wrote:As long as we come out of this in an equal to or better position I'll be happy.

And with our current management team in place I'm very confident that will happen.

However if Cripps does return to WA it should in no way affect our thinking when it comes to interstate recruiting. We have to continually look Australia wide for the best possible talent.

Your too nice for your own good. We should cut off WA with a Berlin wall style rabbit fence and let them sit there rubbing their piles of ore all over themselves, filthy westies don't deserve to leach off our great footy culture, they should carve a channel between us and then nuke the place....

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:
Dr Spaceman wrote:As long as we come out of this in an equal to or better position I'll be happy.

And with our current management team in place I'm very confident that will happen.

However if Cripps does return to WA it should in no way affect our thinking when it comes to interstate recruiting. We have to continually look Australia wide for the best possible talent.

Your too nice for your own good. We should cut off WA with a Berlin wall style rabbit fence and let them sit there rubbing their piles of ore all over themselves, filthy westies don't deserve to leach off our great footy culture, they should carve a channel between us and then nuke the place....
Well that's option B :wink:

The Bluff
Club Player

Can't believe people saying pick 27 is a fair deal for us. Cost us pick 24, he has had two years development and has shown signs that he could be a player.

If it was the saints that raised this with wc then I would hope it was to try and trade for brown. IMO that would be fair trade for us as it fills our needs.

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

Let's not hang the bloke !! From what I'm hearing the club happy to trade him .. As for him nominating West Coast as a new home well would you prefer him at Freo ?? In my opinion he will be playing mainly for East Freo in the WAFL if he gets traded anyway ...

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
vacuous space
SS Life Member

I'm not going to hang him, but I don't have a lot of sympathy for these go home kids. I can deal with Judd asking for a trade home after several years of service, a brownlow and a flag as captain. Guys like Caddy and Cripps demanding special treatment after two years doesn't sit we'll with me. I'm in favour of free agency, but not for brats who just miss their mum or their mates.

Yeah nah pleasing positive
whiskers3614
Saintsational Legend

vacuous space wrote:I'm not going to hang him, but I don't have a lot of sympathy for these go home kids. I can deal with Judd asking for a trade home after several years of service, a brownlow and a flag as captain. Guys like Caddy and Cripps demanding special treatment after two years doesn't sit we'll with me. I'm in favour of free agency, but not for brats who just miss their mum or their mates.
Let's hope he's our version of Buckley(leavin Brisbane for GF"S at Collingwood!

Griggsy
SS Life Member

Not a big fan of fringe players at best requesting what club to go to, especially so young. That's why there is a draft, would understand if he had some value but it doesn't seem like much. Just amounts to a waste of time and money for the club. Can't even shop him around for value if that's where he requested to go. If it's not done, Do you really want a player at the club who has said he wants to leave?

Ralphy
Saintsational Legend

vacuous space wrote:I'm not going to hang him, but I don't have a lot of sympathy for these go home kids. I can deal with Judd asking for a trade home after several years of service, a brownlow and a flag as captain. Guys like Caddy and Cripps demanding special treatment after two years doesn't sit we'll with me. I'm in favour of free agency, but not for brats who just miss their mum or their mates.
He has diabetes it is fair enough if he wants to be closer to his family...

whiskers3614
Saintsational Legend

He just got diabetes recently?

WinnersOnly
SS Life Member

Cant blame them for wanting to be near there families !

SAINTS another day older another day closer to the Holy Grail!
Sick Nal Danto
Club Player

whiskers3614 wrote:He just got diabetes recently?
Nope, he had it before we drafted him

But he didn't know, and we found out 2 weeks after drafting him

Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

From Big Footy

Update: Freo set to offer Silvagni AND Lower for Cripps (who wants to go to West Coast), WCE say Mitch Brown WILL NOT be traded, Goldsack resigns with Collingwood for 2 years, Matthew Richardson says Lynch has agreed to a 2 year deal at Collingwood

Sources: Herald Sun Journalists, Samsara via Channel 7

Ahhh no thanks!!!

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!
Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

Hopefully we find someone more deserving to wear the number 35.

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

Sainternist wrote:Hopefully we find someone more deserving to wear the number 35.
Too much pressure - the number should be retired

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!
bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

Devilhead wrote:From Big Footy

Update: Freo set to offer Silvagni AND Lower for Cripps (who wants to go to West Coast), WCE say Mitch Brown WILL NOT be traded, Goldsack resigns with Collingwood for 2 years, Matthew Richardson says Lynch has agreed to a 2 year deal at Collingwood

Ahhh no thanks!!!
That'd be right...top up with spuds :roll:

Hopefully Pelchen is smarter than that..

Season 2024 is where RTB is showing the footy world his grasp of the modern game. :shock:
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

bobmurray wrote:
Devilhead wrote:From Big Footy

Ahhh no thanks!!!
That'd be right...top up with spuds :roll:

Hopefully Pelchen is smarter than that..

List cloggers. Silvagni was not taken by the Saints for a reason and well I know very little about Lower but if Lyon id offering him he would be a hack.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

You're dead right. Makes a mockery of the draft. I really don't think he'll be much of a loss. A bit soft.

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
vacuous space
SS Life Member

Ralphy wrote:He has diabetes it is fair enough if he wants to be closer to his family...
What does diabetes have to do with his request? It's a completely manageable condition. He doesn't need his mum to hold his hand while he takes insulin shots. I doubt the home cooking is any better for him than what he's been eating over the past two years. It's about as relevant to the trade as his eyebrows.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

vacuous space wrote: his eyebrows.
Are they behind this trade?

I knew it.

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

As I said before the idea of heading home was planted in his head by St Kilda ... The story I'm hearing is Cripps was asked if he was open to the possibility of being traded to the WCE ... From what I'm hearing he was shocked by that as he felt he was a required player .. After talks with his family in Perth he decided that not only was he ok with being traded he in fact wanted to be traded .. So in that sence he only became a "go home kid" after the club suggested it

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

ROLS-LEE
Club Player

Cripps for Zac Clarke and a draft pic then yes, otherwise F$%K off Lyin

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

ROLS-LEE wrote:Cripps for Zac Clarke and a draft pic then yes, otherwise F$%K off Lyin
Your on drugs .. Cripps and our draft pick for Zac is more realistic the guy is a young Ruck his value is sky high Cripps is a young midfielder they are a dime a dozen

ROLS-LEE
Club Player

st_Trav_ofWA wrote:
ROLS-LEE wrote:Cripps for Zac Clarke and a draft pic then yes, otherwise F$%K off Lyin
Your on drugs .. Cripps and our draft pick for Zac is more realistic the guy is a young Ruck his value is sky high Cripps is a young midfielder they are a dime a dozen
How is a second string ruckmen that hasnt played that many games so much better than cripps that has a lot of potential

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

Because Ruckmen are rare every year 50 new midfielders enter the draft you would be lucky to get 5 decent rucks ... Potential wise Zac has more scope to be a star then Cripps has .. The only reason he was out of the freo team all year is cause Ross was more in favour of Kepler (god knows why) just like at st Kilda when Ross played guys like Polo & eddy over Armo and Steven

vacuous space
SS Life Member

st_Trav_ofWA wrote:The story I'm hearing is Cripps was asked if he was open to the possibility of being traded to the WCE
That's pretty much the exact opposite of the reported story. Is there any reason we should believe your unnamed sources over the media's unnamed sources?