Rumour Thread

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

tweedaletomanning
Club Player

Re: Rumour Thread

Dave McNamara wrote:Heard just heard from a source that has never been wrong before...

The Swines have managed to keep a major injury concern very very quiet..., but they will be forced to make a last minute left-field inclusion into the team, and into the goal square... to be sure, to be sure...
Wow, wouldn't that be just icing on the cake, tommy Walsh ...premiership player..

Oh we'll wouldn't be the first time for our club :(

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

Dave McNamara wrote:Heard just heard from a source that has never been wrong before...

The Swines have managed to keep a major injury concern very very quiet..., but they will be forced to make a last minute left-field inclusion into the team, and into the goal square... to be sure, to be sure...
If Tommy gets a game then the swans may as well give the flag to hawthorn now .. Taking dead weight into a g/f is crazy and to be honest Tommy has not shown anything to suggest he isn't dead weight ..

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
Saintersss
Club Player

saint6709 wrote:Well I will be less concerned about our Tom, if we can get some majak into the team
Daw is a very average player.

bergholt
Saintsational Legend

I don't know much about Mitch Brown, and I reckon Cripps is going to be a very good player. Despite that, purely based on their stats and ages, I'd absolutely trade Cripps for Brown.

Midfielders are important but we've got a few of them - whereas we just haven't got young talls. If Brown becomes a player he fills a massive list hole for us. It's too important to pass up that opportunity.

saint6709
Club Player

His highlights reel is pretty good - I don't know much about him - but am thinking he might have a bit of Ahmed saad potential about him - hasn't been playing that long and improves a lot every year - from his stats he looks like he might need to get himself to where the ball is more often - but you'd think that could be improved

andrewg
Club Player

Walsh is just above a rubbish footballer. Finally a story that we came out best in.

StGoddard18
Club Player

So who would be injured for him to come in? Reid? Morton?

Follow me on Twitter @Prestie18
dragit
Saintsational Legend

andrewg wrote:Walsh is just above a rubbish footballer. Finally a story that we came out best in.
Probably not if he is wearing a medallion tomorrow arvo in his 3rd game. :shock:

White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

dragit wrote:
andrewg wrote:Walsh is just above a rubbish footballer. Finally a story that we came out best in.
Probably not if he is wearing a medallion tomorrow arvo in his 3rd game. :shock:
Doesn't mean he's not rubbish. Just means he's a rubbish player in a premiership team. Think Darryl Freame, James Manson, Shane Kerrison, Mick Gayfer....etc. Gee my filth bias is showing, isn't it?

I started with nothing and I've got most of it left!
dragit
Saintsational Legend

Agree, but it wouldn't stop him from being labeled a hero... Probably do a freakin' river dance on the podium like Kennelly too.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

dragit wrote:Agree, but it wouldn't stop him from being labeled a hero... Probably do a freakin' river dance on the podium like Kennelly too.
I remember wanting to scrap the AFL after watching that annoying Leprechaun doing that stupid jig. Tommy should be deported if he resorts to dancing like that. Knowing our luck he will just happen to kick 8 goals and the media will have him as the greatest player ever in a GF and they will talk up Sydneys amazing ability to attract s*** players and make them awesome.

Sick Nal Danto
Club Player

Goal square eh.....I'd assume it is Sam Reid

He was injured part way through the season, and never seemed to fully recover

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

surely you jest?

3rd generation saint
Saintsational Legend

Matthew Richardson announced about 3/4 of an hour ago that the filth has signed Quentin Lynch under free agency.

Except for the sanity nothing much has been lost.
whiskers3614
Saintsational Legend

3rd generation saint wrote:Matthew Richardson announced about 3/4 of an hour ago that the filth has signed Quentin Lynch under free agency.
Can't be
FA does not start till Monday
Trade maybe?

Buckets
SS Life Member

whiskers3614 wrote:
3rd generation saint wrote:Matthew Richardson announced about 3/4 of an hour ago that the filth has signed Quentin Lynch under free agency.
Can't be
FA does not start till Monday
Trade maybe?

Can't sign any contract until at least Wednesday as the Eagles still have right of reply. Technically...

Thats Mr. Smartarse to you
#1GILL
SS Hall of Fame

Apparently Mumford might be a late withdrawal, so this Walsh rumour could actually be legit. Put him at FF and Pyke goes int the ruck

Dave McNamara
Saintsational Legend
Location: Slotting another one from 94.5m out. Opposition flood? Bring it on...! Keep the faith Saintas!

skeptic wrote:

surely you jest?
To be sure, to be sure.

That's why I posted this in the Rumour Thread.

Congratualtions Skeptic. Your alias on here is justified and well earnt. :)

To anyone who took offence, none was intended, so my sincere apologies.

My rumour source can often be found in the bar at The Rose in Fitzroy. Tommy Walsh was never mentioned... my rumour source is Irish, and enjoys the joke of adding 'to be sure, to be sure' to many of his/her pronouncements. It is true that 'Irish' has never been wrong on these things, but whilst that is the truth, it's not the full truth... we had a 'rumour' thread... I just couldn't resist the opportunity...

It's Dave, man. Will you open up? I got the stuff with me! -------Who?
Dave, man. Open up ------------------------------------------ -----Dave???
Yeah, Dave. ---------------------------------------------------------Dave's not here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOiG1hAr ... detailpage
skeptic wrote: Tue 30 Jan 2024 8:07pmCongrats to Dave McNamara - hereby dubbed the KNOWINGEST KNOW IT ALL of Saintsational
:mrgreen:
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Well Jude is playing with a torn PCL and ACL, strange for mine...but admittedly don't know anything much about it.

What if it tears fully in the heat of the first 10 mins of the GF?

I know he is so important to their chances, but it's risky.

chook23
Saintsational Legend

#1GILL wrote:Apparently Mumford might be a late withdrawal, so this Walsh rumour could actually be legit. Put him at FF and Pyke goes int the ruck
No changes

saint4life
gringo
Saintsational Legend

How can the Pies fit Q tip in their cap? They must be pretty certain that Wellingham is going back to Perth.

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:How can the Pies fit Q tip in their cap? They must be pretty certain that Wellingham is going back to Perth.
Swap

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
gringo
Saintsational Legend

magnifisaint wrote:
gringo wrote:How can the Pies fit Q tip in their cap? They must be pretty certain that Wellingham is going back to Perth.
Swap

I though they said as a free agent which means no trade.

Royston
Club Player

No surprises - Goddard GAWN - off to Essendon

Q Lynch - 2 year deal at Collingwood.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

magnifisaint wrote:
Swap
Didn't he quit though?