Rumour Thread

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Dave McNamara
Saintsational Legend
Location: Slotting another one from 94.5m out. Opposition flood? Bring it on...! Keep the faith Saintas!

Re: Rumour Thread

jimmy_slats wrote:clokes now resigned so s***s about to really ramp up on the goddard and other potential trade targes now i feel
Oi Jimmy..., stick to the protocol... don't go posting facts!

:lol:

It's Dave, man. Will you open up? I got the stuff with me! -------Who?
Dave, man. Open up ------------------------------------------ -----Dave???
Yeah, Dave. ---------------------------------------------------------Dave's not here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOiG1hAr ... detailpage
skeptic wrote: Tue 30 Jan 2024 8:07pmCongrats to Dave McNamara - hereby dubbed the KNOWINGEST KNOW IT ALL of Saintsational
:mrgreen:
#1GILL
SS Hall of Fame

Animal Enclosure wrote:
Behind Play wrote:There is a young player, from a WA club, interested in coming back to Victoria. He was originally from the bayside suburbs too.
From memory Gaff & Shuey were Oakleigh boys & Zac Clarke was a Stingray.... The first 2 are no chance so.....

must be Koby

class of 2010
Club Player

Dave McNamara wrote:
jimmy_slats wrote:clokes now resigned so s***s about to really ramp up on the goddard and other potential trade targes now i feel

Well considering cloke is signed to collingwood for a further 5 years the rumour that he had "resigned" was indeed a rumour, and a terrible one at that!

oh when the saints
St Ick
SS Hall of Fame

Given we are resigned to losing BJ, if we were to lose Crippa and Ledger then thats 3 very talented players lost to the list.

The names I would be happy with are Stevens, Caddy, Hickey, Toy, Brown and Jacobs. Thats a wishful list but it shows there is a bit of quality around that age wanting a change.

Strength through Loyalty
Go those mighty Sainters!!
ShanghaiSaint
Club Player

ledger leaving now is not that big of a loss.

Fortius Quo Fidelius
st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

Well the Cripps rumour has hit Perth now and is gaining momentum on 6pr tonight a caller made mention he heard from a source at East Freo (Cripps WAFL club) that he is heading home although the caller made it sound more like he was returning to play for east freo not the eagles or dockers ... Strong word is QLynch is headed to Carlton and West coast are wanting a early second round pick or better for Koby Stevens honestly I think that's a bit rich Koby is not quiet as good as people make out he is he will need to work on his tank as he fades out late in WAFL level and also has some concern over his shoulders ... Freo are rumoured to be very keen on Wellingham and Jon Griffin as a straight swap is being floated ... Adam McPhee is also pushing for a two year contract but the dockers are only prepared to do a one year ...

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
jimmy_slats
Club Player

Dave McNamara wrote:

fk sorry mate and i was the one harping on people for taking this thread as more than just hypothetical... shame on me im gonna have to have a long look at myself haha

'WALK THIS WAY!!!!!'
matrix
Saintsational Legend

whats this about losing cripps and ledge???
i cant be assed reading back thru 5 or so pages

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

matrix wrote:whats this about losing cripps and ledge???
They're either both going back to WA.

Or Cripps is.

Or Ledger is.

Or they're both staying here.

I think that just about covers it 8-)

matrix
Saintsational Legend

ta
so we're losing 3 players to freo now?

:roll:

Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

matrix wrote:whats this about losing cripps and ledge???
Cripps for Darling apparently

;-)

matrix
Saintsational Legend

LOL

i'll eat myself to death with popcorn if that happens

as much chance as us winning a flag this year

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Personally I'd believe Ledger would go back to WA, but I reckon to the Eagles.

Ajantis
Club Player

Hi,

I have heard st.kilda they are approaching/talking to Majak Daw from North.

Cheers

Sick Nal Danto
Club Player

Daw is interesting, will not get a senior game for north but is looking good in the VFL

At 195 cm we have to question his ability in the ruck against taller opponents, but he has got good leap and great athleticism

Is like a stronger slightly shorter version of Rhys

saint6709
Club Player

Would be very happy with Daw

saint6709
Club Player

Would be very happy with Daw- a couple of goals he kicked this year (on you tube) look amazing

gringo
Saintsational Legend

I would be more pissed that we lost Cripps and Ledger than BJ. He is not really going to be back to his best footy with us and has had limited out put for 2 years and with a compo pick not so terrible. Cripps will be a gun and I'm really disappointed that both those guys can't be retained when we have only had them a short time. I hope we learn not to take interstate players when there is a choice between a local boy if this happens. Too risky when they want to head home the moment their first contract ends. I doubt we will get a first round pick back on him at this stage and ledger will pretty much go for a 3 or 4 round pick or a top up in a trade for a WA player.

Sick Nal Danto
Club Player

I reckon Cripps will stay, only bad management/ huge homesickness could lead us to lose a first rounder after 2 years

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:I would be more pissed that we lost Cripps and Ledger than BJ. He is not really going to be back to his best footy with us and has had limited out put for 2 years and with a compo pick not so terrible. Cripps will be a gun and I'm really disappointed that both those guys can't be retained when we have only had them a short time. I hope we learn not to take interstate players when there is a choice between a local boy if this happens. Too risky when they want to head home the moment their first contract ends. I doubt we will get a first round pick back on him at this stage and ledger will pretty much go for a 3 or 4 round pick or a top up in a trade for a WA player.
Honestly the rumour has hit Perth but I still can't see it happening Why would the Dockers or WCE want either Cripps or Ledger ? Neither suit their needs .. From what I gather from it is we are interested in a plate from WA ( maybe Brown maybe Clarke who knows) and Cripps has been talked up as a part of the trade .. I don't think Cripps wants to return home but is open to the idea of being traded home if need be .. The thing I see is I don't think either WA club will see value in trading for Cripps so from that he may be put on the trade table but I doubt he will go ..

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

Sick Nal Danto wrote:I reckon Cripps will stay, only bad management/ huge homesickness could lead us to lose a first rounder after 2 years
I don't think he is home sick .. I think it's a bit like when Judd left WCE they wanted a WA boy in return as well as the draft pick I think St Kilda are putting his name up as a WA boy to trade with a WA club .. Don't think it will get many bites though

Dis Believer
Saintsational Legend
Location: The terraces at Moorabbin, in the pouring rain.......

Sick Nal Danto wrote:I reckon Cripps will stay, only bad management/ huge homesickness could lead us to lose a first rounder after 2 years
I think the fact that a player was "a first rounder" is going to be of less and less consequence in the future as we move into the brave new world of FA and "Moneyball" style approaches to list management. I think a lot more of a players worth will be based purely on what they provide measured against what we need more of in our team. Under that scenario, midfielders will be a vastly more disposable commodity.

It will really come down to "we need someone who can have an average X effective disposals per game, X entries into F50, and X tackles", or " we need someone that can average X marks inside F50, and X goals per game".

The heavy metal artist formerly known as True Believer!
IF you look around the room and can't identify who the sucker is, then it's probably you!
saint6709
Club Player

Where did the Daw rumour come from ??

Dave McNamara
Saintsational Legend
Location: Slotting another one from 94.5m out. Opposition flood? Bring it on...! Keep the faith Saintas!

Heard just heard from a source that has never been wrong before...

The Swines have managed to keep a major injury concern very very quiet..., but they will be forced to make a last minute left-field inclusion into the team, and into the goal square... to be sure, to be sure...

It's Dave, man. Will you open up? I got the stuff with me! -------Who?
Dave, man. Open up ------------------------------------------ -----Dave???
Yeah, Dave. ---------------------------------------------------------Dave's not here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOiG1hAr ... detailpage
skeptic wrote: Tue 30 Jan 2024 8:07pmCongrats to Dave McNamara - hereby dubbed the KNOWINGEST KNOW IT ALL of Saintsational
:mrgreen:
saint6709
Club Player

Well I will be less concerned about our Tom, if we can get some majak into the team