Tyson Goldsack

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

andrewg
Club Player

Tyson Goldsack

Reading an article in the age today about the players the filth are trying to keep, Goldsack is one. Would he be worth looking at as a key defender. If we really wanted him I believe we could get him, money to spend + the Watters connections?

What do people think?

whiskers3614
Saintsational Legend

Re: Tyson Goldsack

Went on the filth forum on big footy to see the fall out from their finals exit,
seems not a lot of love there for Wellingham, would he be any use to us?

saint6709
Club Player

Not sure 193 is big enough for our needs

The Bluff
Club Player

Nope, need a key defender which he isn't.

whiskers3614
Saintsational Legend

The Bluff wrote:Nope, need a key defender which he isn't.
Just as long as nobody mention Silvagni.
Fair dinkum he makes Dawson look like a gun!

StGoddard18
Club Player

Goldsack mainly played forward this year and flourished. I don't think he is what we need down back.

Follow me on Twitter @Prestie18
andrewg
Club Player

Yea 193 might not be big enough but still an extra forward wouldn't go astray. Zack was 195 though. I heard saints had interest in Wellingham, would add class to the list but I would rate him as good as Ray or Gram but would be a great half forward for us. Just depends how much he costs would pay overs for him

dragit
Saintsational Legend

andrewg wrote:Yea 193 might not be big enough but still an extra forward wouldn't go astray. Zack was 195 though. I heard saints had interest in Wellingham, would add class to the list but I would rate him as good as Ray or Gram but would be a great half forward for us. Just depends how much he costs would pay overs for him
Was actually him that screwed up getting a deal done for Ball, because he refused to be traded. I don't want him in a saints jumper, gutless niggler.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

dragit wrote:
andrewg wrote:Yea 193 might not be big enough but still an extra forward wouldn't go astray. Zack was 195 though. I heard saints had interest in Wellingham, would add class to the list but I would rate him as good as Ray or Gram but would be a great half forward for us. Just depends how much he costs would pay overs for him
Was actually him that screwed up getting a deal done for Ball, because he refused to be traded. I don't want him in a saints jumper, gutless niggler.

Tell me you are joking about the trading part. Why the hell should he have cared about our problems with Ball. I like Wellingham. Think he can play a bit. We arent going to get him though IMO.

dragit
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
dragit wrote:

Tell me you are joking about the trading part. Why the hell should he have cared about our problems with Ball. I like Wellingham. Think he can play a bit. We arent going to get him though IMO.
Not about caring what happens with us... The fact that the club decided he wasn't important to their future wanted to get rid of him to get a deal done, but he sooked and refused to move. As we know the pies then tampered the draft to get ball for free...

Imagine if all players just refused to be traded, I'm sure Schnieder & dempster both found it difficult to come to terms with, premiership players having to suddenly move interstate... But they manned up and got on with life.

The point I was trying to make though was that wellingham refused to be traded before, so I'm guessing he would do the same again.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

dragit wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
dragit wrote: Was actually him that screwed up getting a deal done for Ball, because he refused to be traded. I don't want him in a saints jumper, gutless niggler.

Not about caring what happens with us... The fact that the club decided he wasn't important to their future wanted to get rid of him to get a deal done, but he sooked and refused to move. As we know the pies then tampered the draft to get ball for free...

Imagine if all players just refused to be traded, I'm sure Schnieder & dempster both found it difficult to come to terms with, premiership players having to suddenly move interstate... But they manned up and got on with life.

The point I was trying to make though was that wellingham refused to be traded before, so I'm guessing he would do the same again.

I am unsure that is even true what you are saying but I reckon many players refuse to be traded. We just dont hear about it. Fail to see what he has done wrong at all though.

dragit
Saintsational Legend

You could be right about more players refusing to be traded that we don't hear about.

I just don't particularly like wellingham, the Simpson incident didn't do much to improve my opinion, I do like goldsack on the hand, think he's a beauty, but probably not what we need.

Do you ever have a dislike for a player pluggs? even if it is irrational...

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

dragit wrote:You could be right about more players refusing to be traded that we don't hear about.

I just don't particularly like wellingham, the Simpson incident didn't do much to improve my opinion, I do like goldsack on the hand, think he's a beauty, but probably not what we need.

No not really. I dont know them. I just cant dislike for example Hamill one year and then like him the next year. I didnt really like Buckley but that was probably jealousy. At the moment I cant think of one player in the AFL I really dislike.

dragit
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
dragit wrote:You could be right about more players refusing to be traded that we don't hear about.

No not really. I dont know them. I just cant dislike for example Hamill one year and then like him the next year. I didnt really like Buckley but that was probably jealousy. At the moment I cant think of one player in the AFL I really dislike.
You're a unique cat...

I'm comfortable in the knowledge that I might hate Hayden Ballantyne now, but would learn to love him if he was niggling in a saints jumper.

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

What did people think of Bathie in Geelongs VFL side? Played very well today and the other finals Id seen him in. Good height and size plays key back.

NO IFS OR BUTS HARVS IS KING OF THE AFL
8856brother
Saintsational Legend

dragit wrote:
No need to be racist. :wink:

Club Player

Goldsack for me is like another Gilbert except with slightly more consistent kicking

They are about the same height, both wirey, pretty speedy, have played back and forward, try their guts out but don't always get rewarded for their effort due to inconsistent disposal

BTW - he'd be as good a full back and Gilbert too.....

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

whiskers3614 wrote:Went on the filth forum on big footy to see the fall out from their finals exit,
You do realise that clubs don't go to the forums to see who to trade don't you

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

st_Trav_ofWA wrote:
whiskers3614 wrote:Went on the filth forum on big footy to see the fall out from their finals exit,
You do realise that clubs don't go to the forums to see who to trade don't you
Mightve helped us in 08/09 had our recruiters done so :shock:

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Don't need Goldsack

“Yeah….nah””