See you later Brendon

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Re: See you later Brendon

plugger66 wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:
paddy wrote:I only hope that he leaves early , if he does leave, give us some time to play with the extra money we will have.......

I would be pretty shattered for him to sign on the last day of FA, and we are left with no ways to spend our money, except on the trade table....
Agree. Best he informs now so we can go hard on available players.
I want Caddy badly now.

Do you know much about Caddy? How many times have you seen him play?
You always ask me this about everyone.
Answer = I've seen enough to reckon hes good and you can hold me to it.
I want him!

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:
Agree. Best he informs now so we can go hard on available players.
I want Caddy badly now.

Do you know much about Caddy? How many times have you seen him play?
You always ask me this about everyone.
Answer = I've seen enough to reckon hes good and you can hold me to it.
on the trade table....
I want him![/quote]

Well I reckon i have seen him play once or twice so I have no idea. Who does he play like and what is he good at?

MCG-Unit
SS Life Member

plugger66 wrote:
MCG-Unit wrote:
SainterK wrote:Massive misconception that the guy can't win his own contested ball....
This right there x 10

You can put up stats till doomsday - and folks will just say the same thing, why bother?

You seem keen to keep BJ G man. What is the maximum the club should pay this guy and when you give us a figure I would like to know how you can justify this guy being the second highest paid player ever at this club.
Yes I want to keep him P66 - too classy a player to lose IMO, and they don't have many with good disposal. More than enough for me seeing Ball in other colours.

As for salary, I don't like guessing $$ figures too much, it's all media speculation - the $$ and the terms. Of course the club shouldn't overpay though. I reckon it might be the 4 years more than the $$ so much. I would probably give Goddard $650 x 4 years.
Was Riewoldt overpaid the last 3 years?
Last edited by MCG-Unit on Tue 18 Sep 2012 5:15pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hold your ground :shock:
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

MCG-Unit wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
MCG-Unit wrote:
This right there x 10

You can put up stats till doomsday - and folks will just say the same thing, why bother?

You seem keen to keep BJ G man. What is the maximum the club should pay this guy and when you give us a figure I would like to know how you can justify this guy being the second highest paid player ever at this club.
Yes I want to keep him P66 - too classy a player to lose IMO, and they don't have many with good disposal.

As for salary, I don't like guessing $$ figures too much, it's all media speculation - the $$ and the terms. Of course the club shouldn't overpay though. I reckon it might be the 4 years more than the $$ so much. I would probably give Goddard $650 x 4 years.
Was Riewoldt overpaid the last 3 years?

Yes for sure and that is why BJ should not get 4 years and also should not get 650K even though that seems to be the figure.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:

Well I reckon i have seen him play once or twice so I have no idea. Who does he play like and what is he good at?
hes good at footy. just a good solid mid. someone like daniel rich or something along those lines come to mind i reckon.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

hes good at footy. just a good solid mid. someone like daniel rich or something along those lines come to mind i reckon.

So he is a beautiful left foot kick. Well thats good. We need good kicks.

mad saint guy
Saintsational Legend

paddy wrote:I only hope that he leaves early , if he does leave, give us some time to play with the extra money we will have.......

I would be pretty shattered for him to sign on the last day of FA, and we are left with no ways to spend our money, except on the trade table....
If Goddard leaves us and we take another free agent, we receive less or no compensation. Unless we try and sign a big name like Cloke there's not much point in us going after free agents as we won't get anything near BJ's worth. I really hope Caddy is the target if he leaves. That then does leave us with plenty of space to work with in trade week which is still a big positive.

santazzi
Club Player

Is there a precedent in the history of VFL/AFL where a 32 year old out side mid earned $800,000?..........that is what is being suggested if he gets a 4 year deal at 800K a year...........I refuse to believe any team in the AFL is that stupid........!!!

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Scott Watters had reason enough during the season to suggest his ability to win his own ball had been compromised by years as a loose defender..... but he'd know nothing compared to our Saintsational anal-lysts

“Yeah….nah””
spert
Saintsational Legend

I dont care what Goddard does- in fairness to your teammates and club, commit or nick-off. I'm more interested in seeing Watters and Pelch building a team for a flag and seeing some of our younger guys develop to their full potential. As much and all as I dislike L. Matthews, he summed up Goddard pretty well, as I suppose a triple premiership coach and champion player has the creds to do.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

mad saint guy wrote:

If Goddard leaves us and we take another free agent, we receive less or no compensation. Unless we try and sign a big name like Cloke there's not much point in us going after free agents as we won't get anything near BJ's worth. I really hope Caddy is the target if he leaves. That then does leave us with plenty of space to work with in trade week which is still a big positive.
+ 1
If GC will take pick 13 for Caddy. That leaves us with pick 12 for a young gun and then some leftover cap space (which we don't have to spend this year). Maybe chuck our 2nd or 3rd round picks on a mature recruit if any good'uns are out there.

If this happens Ill be pumped.

loris
Saintsational Legend

spert wrote:I dont care what Goddard does- in fairness to your teammates and club, commit or nick-off. I'm more interested in seeing Watters and Pelch building a team for a flag and seeing some of our younger guys develop to their full potential. As much and all as I dislike L. Matthews, he summed up Goddard pretty well, as I suppose a triple premiership coach and champion player has the creds to do.
Agree........... it's what I have been saying about Goddard for the past 2 seasons much to the chargrin of some posters on here. I was so pleased someone like L Matthews espoused similar sentiments. I note since Matthews came out with his comments on TV a few other commentators/ scribes etc have stopped so much uncritical analysis of Goddard.

If he stays I'll think ho hum, and hope they haven't paid too much on keeping a player who hasn't been improving over the past couple seasons. If he goes I'll wait with anticipation to see what we can pick up for him.

I know I'll be shouted down by some and be accused of being a heretic, but I wouldn't mind betting there was a little bit of fiddling with our B&F votes this year to put him higher up the list so as it would make him more tradeable.............................. ooooooooh you are a cynic loris :x :x

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

loris wrote:
spert wrote: I know I'll be shouted down by some and be accused of being a heretic, but I wouldn't mind betting there was a little bit of fiddling with our B&F votes this year to put him higher up the list so as it would make him more tradeable.............................. ooooooooh you are a cynic loris :x :x
If that's the case then why didn't they let him win?

Would it have been too obvious?

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
linmarnic
Club Player

santazzi wrote:Is there a precedent in the history of VFL/AFL where a 32 year old out side mid earned $800,000?..........that is what is being suggested if he gets a 4 year deal at 800K a year...........I refuse to believe any team in the AFL is that stupid........!!!
According to the papers, the Dockers are prepared to give him 5 years at $200k more per annum then we are offering. That makes it $800 to $850 per annum for 5 years!

Never give up
WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

Fiddling the B & F? My first reaction was that other clubs would assess him their own way, then I realised that its like selling your house, they say brew some coffee during a home open, have lots of flowers in vases, etc. Loris could be right 8-)

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

magnifisaint wrote:
loris wrote:
spert wrote: I know I'll be shouted down by some and be accused of being a heretic, but I wouldn't mind betting there was a little bit of fiddling with our B&F votes this year to put him higher up the list so as it would make him more tradeable.............................. ooooooooh you are a cynic loris :x :x
If that's the case then why didn't they let him win?

Would it have been too obvious?
I thought the exact same thing - but not to make him more tradeable - remember we arent trading as he is a (restricted) free agent - so this isnt a trade BUT under the AFL formula top 5 in B & ensures we get a first round pick (13 in this case) so 4th seems too perfect. I mean top 3 would have been suss and unethical if it cost someone deserving a podium finish but 4th - noone gets hurt and we win! Roo wouldnt give a stuff about finishing 5th instead of 4th - so sure - why not sneak BJ into 4th. Awesome if we did! GO SAINTS!

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

WellardSaint wrote:Fiddling the B & F? My first reaction was that other clubs would assess him their own way, then I realised that its like selling your house, they say brew some coffee during a home open, have lots of flowers in vases, etc. Loris could be right 8-)
Good thought. They should crank up the espresso machine down at Linen house. Maybe place some flowers on his locker.

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

linmarnic wrote:
santazzi wrote:Is there a precedent in the history of VFL/AFL where a 32 year old out side mid earned $800,000?..........that is what is being suggested if he gets a 4 year deal at 800K a year...........I refuse to believe any team in the AFL is that stupid........!!!
According to the papers, the Dockers are prepared to give him 5 years at $200k more per annum then we are offering. That makes it $800 to $850 per annum for 5 years!
Freo seem out

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=77966

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

So not many golf decent golf courses out near bomber land as far as I know?
Geelong will be tempting for him though. 13th beach and Barwon Heads are good courses.
Seaford is pretty much perfect for golf though. He has about 10 excellent courses within 45 mins surrounding him.

chook23
Saintsational Legend

Animal Enclosure wrote:My mail says he's gone & it's unfortunatley f#%*ing Essendon.

Hate those prycks with a fervent passion.

same postman here

saint4life
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

chook23 wrote:
Animal Enclosure wrote:My mail says he's gone & it's unfortunatley f#%*ing Essendon.

same postman here
So Dons chasing BJ and Moloney. Getting both would improve them a fair bit.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

chook23 wrote:

same postman here
Could be junk mail :wink:

whiskers3614
Saintsational Legend

Or,
Where there's smoke there's blue cod!

Riewoldt and Goddard to live up to their reputations ,Clarke and Ray to defy theirs in 2012!
gringo
Saintsational Legend

whiskers3614 wrote:Or,
Or to quote Nathan Thompson "where there's smoke there's a joint".

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:
whiskers3614 wrote:Or,
Or to quote Nathan Thompson "where there's smoke there's a joint".
Or was that his brother Hunter S Thompson? :wink: