We desperately neecd a couple of Talls

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

Re: We desperately neecd a couple of Talls

plugger66 wrote:
skeptic wrote:don't bet it on it plugger

Well you should read his last 50 posts. Just knocks everything. if you like that well good luck and to be honest if you agreed with me then I wouldnt value my opinions.
don't get snippy with me, you made a ridiculous comment

dragit
Saintsational Legend

We desperately need...

Key backs, young key forwards, quality young mids, a couple more ruckmen, pretty much the works.

The only areas I feel we are okay in terms of the future are small forwards and medium defenders.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

The Bluff wrote:Interestingly mick malt house said carlton need the same thing.we might rue beating them on the weekend as they now have the pick before us.
Maybe not....as both are may be gained by trading.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
The Bluff
Club Player

saintsRrising wrote:
The Bluff wrote:Interestingly mick malt house said carlton need the same thing.we might rue beating them on the weekend as they now have the pick before us.
Maybe not....as both are may be gained by trading.
Hope not, supposed to be a strong draft so we should use our early picks on best young player to build for the future. A key defender would be great as you an build the future defense around hm and perhaps trade for another one to get through next year.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

This draft was supposedly the reason we didn't pick up talls in the 2011 draft- lots more long term option available. Bains, Elshaugh and Pilchard the Pelican obviously didn't see much they liked from the heavily compromised draft and waited to get access to the cream. I seriously hope we get Rodda big lump already and 90something KGs at 17.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

skeptic wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Well you should read his last 50 posts. Just knocks everything. if you like that well good luck and to be honest if you agreed with me then I wouldnt value my opinions.

An I then wrote that i am glad you agree with him. Makes me feel much better.

WinnersOnly
SS Life Member

andrewg wrote:
WinnersOnly wrote:I keep reading how people believe we need a ruckman to support McEvoy. Ben's major flaw is that he has no leap hence he will never develop into a reasonable tap ruckman. IMO we need a ruckman to replace Ben and give Ben time to develop his strengths with Sandi.

I still cant believe that firstly we let our only tall defender go and then went into 2012 thinking we could cover him. Mr Pelchen and his team are meant to be the gurus in this field, but blind freddy could see that this and our rucking division were major holes. Basically those decisions cost us any chance of remaining competitive in 2012...
This comment is f****** ridiculous
2012 Hit out stats for Ben McEVoy:

Ave 25.3 per game 16th in the league = very ordinary given game time.

Hit Outs to Advantage = 22nd in the AFL

SAINTS Team Clearances = 13th in League or 5th last.

Now if some how you equate the above into Ben being an effective ruckman then I give up. I hope the guy does improve but at present he should not be our No 1 ruckman !

SAINTS another day older another day closer to the Holy Grail!
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

WinnersOnly wrote:2012 Hit out stats for Ben McEVoy:

Now if some how you equate the above into Ben being an effective ruckman then I give up. I hope the guy does improve but at present he should not be our No 1 ruckman !
Interesting stats. He may not be a tapout king, but he is damned effective around the ground.

I do think, also, that tapouts are somewhat overrated as a stat ... unless you have a Naitanui who can put it directly into his midfielders' hands.

Hopefully Stanley will really come on next season to give Ben a bit of a chop out.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

WinnersOnly wrote:
andrewg wrote:
WinnersOnly wrote:I keep reading how people believe we need a ruckman to support McEvoy. Ben's major flaw is that he has no leap hence he will never develop into a reasonable tap ruckman. IMO we need a ruckman to replace Ben and give Ben time to develop his strengths with Sandi.

I still cant believe that firstly we let our only tall defender go and then went into 2012 thinking we could cover him. Mr Pelchen and his team are meant to be the gurus in this field, but blind freddy could see that this and our rucking division were major holes. Basically those decisions cost us any chance of remaining competitive in 2012...
This comment is f****** ridiculous
2012 Hit out stats for Ben McEVoy:

Stats dont you love them. We were a massive 2 clearances a game off 4th spot. That is a half a clearance a quarter or about. And Maybe gets rired given he has to ruck so much because we lack a second ruckman. You can do anything with stats.

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

skeptic wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

never said I did you silly forumite... keep deflecting. It's all you have left