Watters on SEN this morning.

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

NOTTHATAWKWARD
Club Player

Re: Watters on SEN this morning.

The idea of Kosi being used as a witches hat at training because of his age and inadequacy is a generally pretty funny one. Having a laugh about a player is not mutiny.

whiskers3614
Saintsational Legend

Would you laugh to Kosi's face?

Riewoldt and Goddard to live up to their reputations ,Clarke and Ray to defy theirs in 2012!
NOTTHATAWKWARD
Club Player

Surely not, and I can see your point. Yes i'm a coward who hides behind the face of Aussie Jones. But I mean cmon, 'old player' jokes are hardly the most malicious thing in the world.

whiskers3614
Saintsational Legend

NOTTHATAWKWARD wrote:Surely not, and I can see your point. Yes i'm a coward who hides behind the face of Aussie Jones. But I mean cmon, 'old player' jokes are hardly the most malicious thing in the world.
I have a soft spot for Kosi because of all the misfortune he has had to overcome to get to near 200 games
a lesser bloke would have turned it up years ago.
One more touch on that attempted mark in last minute of GF1 and he's our new Barry Breen!

Riewoldt and Goddard to live up to their reputations ,Clarke and Ray to defy theirs in 2012!
gringo
Saintsational Legend

NOTTHATAWKWARD wrote:Surely not, and I can see your point. Yes i'm a coward who hides behind the face of Aussie Jones. But I mean cmon, 'old player' jokes are hardly the most malicious thing in the world.
I think you must be new, the vitriol toward a hand full of players is bordering on bizarre. Kosi, Gram, Raph and now Steven would need to kick 13 goals a week to go with 30 disposals at 100% accuracy and 3 brownlow votes or they will be ridiculed, preemptively traded, mocked, derided etc. It sits pretty badly with others that fans bag their own. If they said he was old fine but they don't stop at that.

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:You mean Kosi may be rotated through the side next year, together with the kids?

How very Geelong.

In a good way.
Please explain, I don't see anyone on the Geelong list in the last five years as inept as Kosi.

I doubt he'll even have an impact at Sandy next year. If he's fair dinkum he should retire and if Scott loves him so much he can employ him as an assistant coach next year. How he could be considered to offer "good leadership" is beyond me, he's done stuff all for five years, not the sort of qualities I want in young Saints.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Bernard Shakey wrote:
SainterK wrote:You mean Kosi may be rotated through the side next year, together with the kids?

How very Geelong.

In a good way.
Please explain, I don't see anyone on the Geelong list in the last five years as inept as Kosi.

I doubt he'll even have an impact at Sandy next year. If he's fair dinkum he should retire and if Scott loves him so much he can employ him as an assistant coach next year. How he could be considered to offer "good leadership" is beyond me, he's done stuff all for five years, not the sort of qualities I want in young Saints.
No player should retire unless they've had enough or their doctor tells them they have to. The money is too good and once you're done it's over forever. Maybe Kosi will be like King was in his final year - basically an assistant coach but still on the list as an emergency backup. If Kosi only plays 5 games next year all he's doing is taking up a one spot on the list. Not the end of the world I guess if it's on low money.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.