Veteran List Eligibility?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

bhtay1

Veteran List Eligibility?

Lads, am doing my own little list review and just want to get some clarification on the new veterans rules for next year

Whilst I haven't be able to find a official answer my understanding is:

*Must have spent 10 seasons on the playing list of your club
*Clubs now receive $100,000-115,000 per player not included in the salary cap

Just quickly gazing at our list, the following players would be eligible:

Hayes
Milne
Blake
Rooey
Kosi
Dal Santo
Montagna
Goddard (was surprised by this one)

Fisher, Clark, Gram? (depending on if they count next season the in the 10 needed.. can anyone confirm? I don't think they do)

If I'm correct, that means we have around $800,000 not included in our TPP next season?! (although i have my doubts as to whether Kosi or Blake will be there next year)

Annoyingly I don't think this new rule will suit us better than having our top 2 of the above have half their payments not included ie Rooey and Dal would prob be on around $1.7-1.8m per season between the both of them I would think...

8856brother
Saintsational Legend

Re: Veteran List Eligibility?

Don't think Blakey would count as he was delisted then re drafted wasn't he. Not sure though.

SS Hall of Fame

Re: Veteran List Eligibility?

You can keep old system where 2 players are on it or you can change to new one where 6 or 7 guys can be on it but only $100K per player goes onto it. When it comes down to it, it doesnt matter which way you go as you save about $700K