Don't know what's worse....

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

Re: Don't know what's worse....

Where are these players that are REQUIRED to overcome our immediate deficiencies meant to come from, the u/18's, then
that's a long term gamble, GOP's from another club, we need new whipping boys, it's not looking good for anytime soon.

I think the club is building for 2066..... :shock:

Six debutants for the Saints so far in Season 2024. :D
grime

I have a feeling that BJ would slot well into the full forward postion and make it his own for maybe the next few years.
Hard at the ball,keen to contest a mark,and can kick straight

mbogo
SS Hall of Fame

We might as well try Goddard at FF consistently - because we as sure as hell have not got anyone else playing there!

This is a team game and there is no room for individuals who think they are above walking through the fire.
Scollop
Saintsational Legend

Cairnsman wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Junction Oval wrote:Get rid of BJ, Dal & Joey and you tear out the heart of the Club. How do you build a future/culture on that? Also, what are the chances of getting better players??

Im not saying we should but his reason for getting rid of BJ means we should also get rid of the other 2.
No you are just trying to create an argument, as always. What I am saying is, let's get rid of a bloke that cost's us 600k but gives us about 250k of value. Even Leigh Mathews said last night he is at the cross roads. He said that he hasn't seen Goddard play any brand of hard contested footy for two years. You don't have to be Leight Mathews to come to that conclusion it is all there for the avearge punter to see. What was frustrating was that watching him for 3 quarters just sit back off packs, not throw himself at the ball like all his team mates around him, and when is teammates were furiously scrapping for the ball on the ground he was just standing over them wait for the ball to come out. Watching him just walk around, not running to contests and injecting himself the way and supposed elite player is supposed to. When was the last time we could all say that he was the difference. He's holding back the team IMO.
Robbo made a good point on SEN today. He mentioned that BJ was probably the slowest to get over the disappointment of 09/10. By that he meant that other players picked themselves up and Roo and Dal and Chips have always been consistent, but Monty and Gram and few others like BJ took a while to get the motivation back. BJ is looking like he's found that hunger back and was building some good form. I think he can have a brilliant 2 or 3 years if he stays and you'll get your 600k value.

Oh....also...Matthews might be battling a bit of senility...he called one of our players Geary when there was a pisspoor kick in the backline that led to the Cats putting it beyond doubt in the last quarter. The short pass that missed it's mark actually came from Chips.

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

Scollop wrote:
I think he can have a brilliant 2 or 3 years if he stays and you'll get your 600k value.
If he has a brilliant 2 or 3 years then him and the club should come out even at the end of that. But right now he should be giving a bit of cash back.

3rd generation saint
Saintsational Legend

I don't hate Geelong, in fact I admire them and wish we had done what they did.
They have had their time and era, good luck to them, just waiting for us to do something similar.

Except for the sanity nothing much has been lost.
rct63
Club Player

3rd generation saint wrote:I don't hate Geelong, in fact I admire them and wish we had done what they did.
They have had their time and era, good luck to them, just waiting for us to do something similar.

Like me, I think you'll be wating too long.
45 years+ for me and I'm over them

*SIGH*