Daniel Markworth

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintly
Saintsational Legend

Daniel Markworth

#1GILL
SS Hall of Fame

Re: Daniel Markworth

Geez how intelligent is this bloke

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

#1GILL wrote:Geez how intelligent is this bloke
Very.

But so apparently is Tom Liberatore :shock:

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

quality,

heard someone from the club recently say they were now very concsious of the 'total' player'

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
Sick Nal Danto
Club Player

saintbrat wrote:quality,

heard someone from the club recently say they were now very concsious of the 'total' player'
Chris Pelchen has talked about, the new direction in recruiting where they prioritise character

Markworth is doin BioMed at Uni, I may be mistaken but I'm pretty sure that is one of the hardest courses to gain entry to in Australia

Dave McNamara
Saintsational Legend
Location: Slotting another one from 94.5m out. Opposition flood? Bring it on...! Keep the faith Saintas!

Thanks SB for that link - interesting.

Sooooooo..., we picked up the Markworth family dud-runt. Quick, cut him and get hold of that other brother... the good one!

:wink:

It's Dave, man. Will you open up? I got the stuff with me! -------Who?
Dave, man. Open up ------------------------------------------ -----Dave???
Yeah, Dave. ---------------------------------------------------------Dave's not here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOiG1hAr ... detailpage
skeptic wrote: Tue 30 Jan 2024 8:07pmCongrats to Dave McNamara - hereby dubbed the KNOWINGEST KNOW IT ALL of Saintsational
:mrgreen:
dragit
Saintsational Legend

Dave McNamara wrote:Thanks SB for that link - interesting.

Sooooooo..., we picked up the Markworth family dud-runt. Quick, cut him and get hold of that other brother... the good one!
They're all duds… :)

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

Sick Nal Danto wrote:

Chris Pelchen has talked about, the new direction in recruiting where they prioritise character

Markworth is doin BioMed at Uni, I may be mistaken but I'm pretty sure that is one of the hardest courses to gain entry to in Australia

The word priority is surely used loosely in these situations.

Talent is the priority. Character is a consideration and a separator.

#1GILL
SS Hall of Fame

Sick Nal Danto wrote:

Correct. We're talking an ATAR of 98.45 minimum to be selected in the first round.

That's a freakishly high score. For those who aren't familiar with the system, a 70 is good and an 80 is outstanding, well about average. A 90 is a phenomenal effort and high 90s is something reserved for only the best minds in the state.

dragit
Saintsational Legend

Rocket surgeons are all good and well, but we don't want to miss out on players like Jack Darling, Dustin Martin and Dane Beams because they come from the wrong side of the trailer park.
Good footballers aren't always brilliant people. In fact, the very best are plain trashbags a lot of the time.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

dragit wrote:Rocket surgeons are all good and well, but we don't want to miss out on players like Jack Darling, Dustin Martin and Dane Beams because they come from the wrong side of the trailer park.
Good footballers aren't always brilliant people. In fact, the very best are plain trashbags a lot of the time.

Dane Swan's a pretty ordinary dumb guy and so is Pendleberry maybe we should try to find more dipshits and forget these uppity types.

#1GILL
SS Hall of Fame

gringo wrote:
dragit wrote:Rocket surgeons are all good and well, but we don't want to miss out on players like Jack Darling, Dustin Martin and Dane Beams because they come from the wrong side of the trailer park.

Dane Swan's a pretty ordinary dumb guy and so is Pendleberry maybe we should try to find more dipshits and forget these uppity types.

Judd got in the 90s and he's a pretty reasonable player.

Good footballers are good footballers at the end of the day, but what Markworth's outstanding academic results do show is an ability to work extremely hard and throw all of yourself into something - A trait well served in the footy industry. If he can bring the same dedication and professionalism to his footy then he's a very good chance to succeed.

Batnoe
Club Player

In the article it says would 'of' instead of have... I hope it's a dumb journalist and not a transcript of this genius

Carn Saints
Richter
SS Life Member

#1GILL wrote:
gringo wrote:

Judd got in the 90s and he's a pretty reasonable player.

Good footballers are good footballers at the end of the day, but what Markworth's outstanding academic results do show is an ability to work extremely hard and throw all of yourself into something - A trait well served in the footy industry. If he can bring the same dedication and professionalism to his footy then he's a very good chance to succeed.
How do you know? Perhaps he has always had it easy because of his brains so he cruised school...

I love these easy characterisations based on... zilch... likely Markworth is a good guy, but Luke Ball had brains too, but it hardly made him loyal...

Hird... The unflushable one is now... just a turd...
dragit
Saintsational Legend

Batnoe wrote:In the article it says would 'of' instead of have... I hope it's a dumb journalist and not a transcript of this genius
Yes and if we are going to get all technical he says "I’m actually still the lightest of the four" when in fact he is one of 5… aha…

#1GILL
SS Hall of Fame

Richter wrote: How do you know? Perhaps he has always had it easy because of his brains so he cruised school...

I love these easy characterisations based on... zilch... likely Markworth is a good guy, but Luke Ball had brains too, but it hardly made him loyal...
Luke Ball is all class. Can't blame him for leaving.

If you think you can 'cruise' through and get a 98+ then you're wrong. It just simply isn't possible, no matter how intelligent you are. The system is designed to reward both hard work and brain-power. You can't do as well as Markworth without having both attributes.

bergholt
Saintsational Legend

#1GILL wrote:If you think you can 'cruise' through and get a 98+ then you're wrong. It just simply isn't possible, no matter how intelligent you are. The system is designed to reward both hard work and brain-power.
crap. i went to a ridiculous private school and so knew quite a few deadshits who got spoonfed and ended up with over 95. i was pretty lazy in year 12 and got 98 ish and i'm not einstein. don't treat the kid like superman, about 250k finish year 12 across the country each year so 5,000 across the country get 98 or more. they're not all hyper-smart.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Sick Nal Danto wrote:

meh ....knocked it over at Kangan in a few weeks......nothing to write home bout.

Human Movement....now there's a course.........

“Yeah….nah””
gringo
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote:
Sick Nal Danto wrote:

meh ....knocked it over at Kangan in a few weeks......nothing to write home bout.

I like the reprobates still- luke ball could have been luke hodge if we had gone the guy with a lesser character.

vacuous space
SS Life Member

You want them just smart enough to understand your gameplan and not quite smart enough to question it.

Yeah nah pleasing positive
#1GILL
SS Hall of Fame

gringo wrote:
Teflon wrote:
Sick Nal Danto wrote:

I like the reprobates still- luke ball could have been luke hodge if we had gone the guy with a lesser character.

1. Hodge
2. Ball
3. Judd

We couldn't have had Hodge. Although Judd was available

whiskers3614
Saintsational Legend

Luke Ball 1 premiership more than the clown that made him leave and also one more than his "speedy" replacement!

Riewoldt and Goddard to live up to their reputations ,Clarke and Ray to defy theirs in 2012!
villasaint
Club Player

he really looks a player from what I have seen of him in the vfl, oozes class and seems to have so much time with the ball.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

#1GILL wrote:[

1. Hodge
2. Ball
3. Judd

We couldn't have had Hodge. Although Judd was available[/quote]

That doesn't suit my argument so I left the factual bits out.

spert
Saintsational Legend

I would personally recruit good footballers with excellent skills who lead by example, and if they happen to have good off-field creds then that's good too.