Play On

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Sainter_Boy
Club Player

Play On

Has the rule changed - that if you are running in the direction of the mark you have taken, but that is off your line - it is now play on, ala Gilbert(?) in the first.

But aside from that, has the time before play on is called shortened over the past two weeks?

Hurricane
Saintsational Legend

Re: Play On

I dont think the maggots even know the rules anymore.

The "interpretative" changes for minute to minute let along from week to week. Its the worst bthing about our game and the fat pile of dog s*** in charge does nothing to fix it.

Im getting very close to giving the game away with shite like this

BANG BANG

Mitsuharu Misawa 1962 - 2009.

I am vengeance....I am the night...I....AM.....BATMAN

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass and im all out of bubblegum
Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

The umpires called play on a lot tonight after a free kick or mark was awarded it was very noticeable - it seemed to me like a player only had to look in another direction and they were called to play on

It was like the umpires had been given a directive during the week to watch out for even the slightest step off the line

It happened for both teams so at they were consistent in that regard

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!
Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

Devilhead wrote:The umpires called play on a lot tonight after a free kick or mark was awarded it was very noticeable - it seemed to me like a player only had to look in another direction and they were called to play on

It was like the umpires had been given a directive during the week to watch out for even the slightest step off the line

It happened for both teams so at they were consistent in that regard
Also the week before - they are supposedly trying to slow the game, but not giving time for players to assess the options is getting beyond a joke.

No better example was the Steven free for Out on the full in the final quarter. He was called play on and had to hand pass to Lenny who was in a horrid position to have to decide what to do!

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.”

― Aristophanes

If you have a Bee in your Bonnet - I can assist you with that - but it WILL involve some smacking upside the head!
gringo
Saintsational Legend

The one where all night if you fail to get the ball out it resulted in frees was dropped in the last few minutes, so I guess it depends on timing. The answer is sometimes it is sometimes not. That's kind of a grey area if a Collingwood player has it one minute after a mark no play on but the next turn over there is an instant play on call. The answer is none of us know not even the umpires. It's alright though because if we complain no one will want to be an umpire.