Tommy Walsh?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

sunsaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Queensland - Beautiful one day ... you know the rest

Re: Tommy Walsh?

matrix wrote:yep looks like the trade might have been the right thing
ill admit i was absolutely pissed when he went
saw him in a couple of vfl games and he looked good
big strong
went forward and back
quite surprised he aint getting a gig
although sydney are on fire, would be hard to crack the starting 22
Im with you apart from the seeing him live bit
the fact is kosi wouldnt get a game with the swans this year.
we need a power full forward, & he promised to be that player
I was always worried when I heard what the contract was worth in his first two years at the saints, never having played a game, reckon he thought it was all a bit too easy running round in the seconds

Seeya
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote:
skeptic wrote:
joffaboy wrote:Right here.

And just think for some internet hero's here Ross lyon was an absolute idiot for not playing him :roll:

We all know if we had of played him in the 09 and 10 GF's we would have won both.

Ask skeptic, he will swear its the truth and undeniable fact.

uh huh

why not make up things when you can't win an argument eh JB

have to admit, you've been consistent with your bull$h!t on this one

remarkable how you continue to get on your high horse about a point no one ever made... still, guess it's easier for you then acknowledging that maybe if both the players played better and the coach coached better rather than one or the other we may have done better in 09
You really are contradicting yourself. On one hand, you say that even if our finishing was better, the outcome would still have been uncertain but you then say other team selections may have have made a difference to the result. Sounds like you are having an ideological dilemma.

You really are stating the obvious with your last point. Of course coaches and players have regrets after a loss. While that is normal, your hubris is nauseating.
No contradiction at all Saint Pav

Apparently 7.1 to 7.7 at halftime in the GF is made up, but maybe Lyon, maybe putting a player somewhere at some time and winning the GF is an undeniable fact.

I've given up on logic and reason with the Lyon haters. They are obviously so wrapped up in there own meme that common sense doesn't get through.

Skeptic believe that i have never critisised Lyon and think the sun shines out of his arse. It is a stupid black and white simplistic argument.

What I dont like is the revisionist view of Lyon, that he and he alone lost us two Grand Finals (as you say we played Collingwood and Geelong who had a bit of a say in it and the wayward kicking in front of goal in 2009 on a wet and windy day where we were 7.7 to 7.1 at halftime had no bearing whatsoever.

Apparently Lyon should have kicked those goals as well.

Really it is like arguing with a wax statue. An intranigient dogmatic specious argument.

Just remember with these types. Every thing St.Kilda good - Lyon bad.

must be wonderful to be so ignorant.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
skeptic
Saintsational Legend

Why is it that JB can say that if the players had finished better we would have won, but when I say the coach also could have coached better that's a non-sensical argument?

RL himself has acknowledged that he made a mistake with Luke Ball's game time.

Contrary to what you're saying JB I actually really rate Lyon, was disappointed when he left, thought he coached very well in 2010 GF but made some mistakes in the 09 one. As a coach I felt his team selections was his weakest area.

I don't actually think I ever said I think RL has cost us 2 premierships but I do believe he has made several significant mistakes that have severely contributed to those losses.
If I actually have said that RL cost us 2 flags - I'll put my hand up and retract those as emotive posts... there's a handful of you guys that are quite nasty with your comments at times... and what can I say it baits me at times.

Let me ask you a simple question

Do you believe that RL could have coached better in the 09 GF? Yes or No?
(The question is not will it effect the outcome, or did he cost us the game or any other twist you can think of)

i also have to laugh... yeah I'm the person who "loves everything St. Kilda" to the point of ignorance. One thing I am is consistent - I was off the Lyon bandwagon well before he quit and have been critical of his coaching since mid 2010.

I eagerly await your response.

As for you St. Pav - I think you need to look up the definition of the word contradiction then re-read your post. It's quite sad that you're following me around, making your 8yo'ish retorts even when you actually agree with me like the Port players thread.
You're a very sad man.
At least guys like JB and plugger have actual opinions and they stand by them. You remain a waste of time

Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

Being Irish id say he has a drinking problem

slider
Club Player

Old Mate wrote:Being Irish id say he has a drinking problem
What a crock of SHYTE