Kosi v Wilkes? !!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Re: Kosi v Wilkes? !!

plugger66 wrote:
SainterK wrote:My opinion. I don't think it's been functioning very well, and did better today
Obviously that isnt based on scoring. I saw us play a poor side today. 3 weeks ago I saw us kick 21 goals against a top 6 side.
No, not based on scoring at all. More on it's cohesion and less reliance on a few.

Are you talking about Essendon?

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

Kosi is as good as any second forward a AFL clubs got at present. Love his work in the air and Im sure the small forwards love having Kosi in the side.
Last edited by CURLY on Sun 29 Jul 2012 10:22pm, edited 1 time in total.

NO IFS OR BUTS HARVS IS KING OF THE AFL
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
SainterK wrote:My opinion. I don't think it's been functioning very well, and did better today
Obviously that isnt based on scoring. I saw us play a poor side today. 3 weeks ago I saw us kick 21 goals against a top 6 side.
No, not based on scoring at all. More on it's cohesion and less reliance on a few.

Are you talking about Essendon?

Yes.

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

we seem to play better with Wilkes in the team

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

Before Rhys and Ben went down Kos was kiling 'em as a crash and bang FF and his accuracy means he doesn't need a lot of touches to be dangerous.

Wilkes can only play if we need a back up forward/ruckman. I love Watters game plan and the balance b/w attack and defence. I'm not so sure that he and the match committee have the balance right when all our talls are available.

My only concern is that we don't bring in Stanley too early and when he comes good, Kosi and Stanley and Macca in the same team makes us slow. If Stanley is in ripping form perhaps he stays because he's the quickest by far, but Kosi goes out or Macca out.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Wilkes is an absolute hack.

Must have compromising pictures of Watters.

Not up to AFL standard.

Today was not up to VFl standard.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
gringo
Saintsational Legend

I don't understand the hatred of Wilkes. He looks pretty bad away from goal but he makes his way to contests even when he doesn't win the contest. Kosi doesn't, Kosi is a very good player on his day but can go missing as well. The three talls worked well today despite not slotting gettable ones. Against some teams that set up works others it would be a bad move. The Dogs actually have been handy around the ground this season but can't muster goals from their forwards. We dominated them to the point where they didn't even get any of the ball by the end so I think it was our mids that put on a vintage display with no real passengers. It help taking Cross and Cooney out but they are far from terrible even still.

It was a day I felt we were flat for large portions of the game and did enough to bully them without expending too much. Stanley is showing glimpses but if people think he's already arrived and Wilkes is miles behind they are dreaming. On future potential we want games into Rhys but seriously some guys get their stocks raised the less we see them. I hope he's another gun Sainter and the potential is there but it is a certainty.

savatage
SS Life Member

Wilkes contests well & does well defensively. Not anywhere near as bad as some of you make out & an important fit in the structure when we have Stanley out. When Stanley is fit - you would expect Wilkes to be the obvious out.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

wilkes was/is f****** hopeless......not an afl standard footballer...imho.....as i have said on at least three occasions......must have something very incriminating on the coach.... :twisted:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Good thing Watters is a better judge than the peanut gallery....

He is a very good state league player.... Possibly the best fwd in the VFL

He is a OK back up tall fwd at AFL level..... Obviously not a star, but we have our other key tall injured...

stinger
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:Good thing Watters is a better judge than the peanut gallery....

He is a OK back up tall fwd at AFL level..... .

i would defer to the coach who must know more than me but maybe he is just hoping for a miracle......might be a very good vfl player......but is not up to afl standard imho......something the eagles seem to have worked out pretty quickly......everything he did today he eventually f***ed up...including the resultant very poor kicking for goal after he had taken a mark......not an okay back up when you are leaving players like rae and sipposs out of the team.......disgraceful even....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
Scollop
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:
BigMart wrote:Good thing Watters is a better judge than the peanut gallery....

He is a OK back up tall fwd at AFL level..... .

i would defer to the coach who must know more than me but maybe he is just hoping for a miracle......might be a very good vfl player......but is not up to afl standard imho......something the eagles seem to have worked out pretty quickly......everything he did today he eventually f***ed up...including the resultant very poor kicking for goal after he had taken a mark......not an okay back up when you are leaving players like rae and sipposs out of the team.......disgraceful even....
Ray and Siposs were rested :wink:

bergholt
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:not an okay back up when you are leaving players like rae and sipposs out of the team.......disgraceful even....
are you seriously attempting to compare ray with wilkes? they're completely different players! could ray come in and play as a tall forward helping out mcevoy in the ruck? if not - why bother mentioning them in the same breath?

Fazer
Club Player

Why was Kosi not played in the ruck - is he carrying an injury

bergholt
Saintsational Legend

Fazer wrote:Why was Kosi not played in the ruck - is he carrying an injury
nope. watters said in his press conference that kosi's ability as a forward is negatively affected by spending time in the ruck, so until stanley gets back they want another backup ruck option so kosi can stay forward.

Beekay
SS Life Member

bergholt wrote:
stinger wrote:not an okay back up when you are leaving players like rae and sipposs out of the team.......disgraceful even....
are you seriously attempting to compare ray with wilkes? they're completely different players! could ray come in and play as a tall forward helping out mcevoy in the ruck? if not - why bother mentioning them in the same breath?
because he's got an obsessive dislike for Wilkes.

but frowns upon Raph Clarke bashers.

hypocrisy, plain and simple

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Beekay wrote:
bergholt wrote:
because he's got an obsessive dislike for Wilkes.

but frowns upon Raph Clarke bashers.

hypocrisy, plain and simple
Differenceis that Wilkes is an out and out ordinary player. Raph at least had potential and this is the thing that frustrated so many Saints supporters. He played some absolute blinders and then backed it up with some absolute shockers.

Wilkes plays shockers then backs it up with a worse display.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
Beekay
SS Life Member

joffaboy wrote: Differenceis that Wilkes is an out and out ordinary player. Raph at least had potential and this is the thing that frustrated so many Saints supporters. He played some absolute blinders and then backed it up with some absolute shockers.

It's not Raph's potential that frustrated me. More so his major c**k-ups which I believe are infectious and very disheartening for those playing beside him. Both ordinary players, Raph's never been anything else.

Beside the point anyway. You can't call supporters "disgusting" one minute, then do exactly as they do the next to another player; and expect to be taken seriously..

BringBackMadDog
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:

We had 39 scoring shots, that is huge, at least 8 of the misses were very getable.

saintdooley
Saintsational Legend

even i'l admit it, Kosi played well and deserves his spot next week.

But i am yet to see him play 2 good games in a row, really needs to go hard again this week, Kosi may just be the key to beating collingwood.

"Another storied win in Robert Harvey's career. They say he is the embodiment of their motto of strength through loyalty, and on the day he became just the tenth man to play 350 league games the saints reward him with a seemingly impossible victory."
saint6709
Club Player

Siposs??

WinnersOnly
SS Life Member

I feel if Wilkes got himself a bit stronger in the upper body so he could hold out the defenders he would make a good key forward!

SAINTS another day older another day closer to the Holy Grail!
gringo
Saintsational Legend

Wilkes plays as a tall forward and compliments the other two as he plays different to either of them. Three key forwards are very hard to play on for most teams. He isn't there yet but he should be given a couple of weeks on the trot to see what he can do. Siposs has years left and offers more around the ground but scott must have some structure that he wants created. Probably to practice the game style for when stanley comes back

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Beekay wrote:
joffaboy wrote: Differenceis that Wilkes is an out and out ordinary player. Raph at least had potential and this is the thing that frustrated so many Saints supporters. He played some absolute blinders and then backed it up with some absolute shockers.

It's not Raph's potential that frustrated me. More so his major c**k-ups which I believe are infectious and very disheartening for those playing beside him. Both ordinary players, Raph's never been anything else.

Beside the point anyway. You can't call supporters "disgusting" one minute, then do exactly as they do the next to another player; and expect to be taken seriously..
Are you sure about Raph Beekay? Agree he is frustrating but Joffa is right, he has played some blinders and along with Roo was responsible for getting us over the line in the 09 prelim. He was the only one who gave us any drive out of the backline that night and i'm almost certain it was crucial that night. He also played a pretty good first up final. We'll forget about the GF.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

skeptic wrote:we seem to play better with Wilkes in the team
I know and Ross should have picked him in 2010!! :twisted:

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.