Sad Saad

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintsfreak
Club Player

Re: Sad Saad

Only popped in over here because Bigfooty's a bit slow atm but wow, this place is as much of a hole as it was when I left

The Freak
Little Dozer
Club Player
Location: Forward Pocket, Outer side, Linton Street end or bay 38 Waverley

saintsfreak wrote:Only popped in over here because Bigfooty's a bit slow atm but wow, this place is as much of a hole as it was when I left
It's to be expected when tugger66 and joffaflog contribute 30,000 odd posts.

Are we waiting for a saviour?
I'm so sick of waiting!
I've been waiting my whole life!
This is a new day!
8856brother
Saintsational Legend

saintsfreak wrote:Only popped in over here because Bigfooty's a bit slow atm but wow, this place is as much of a hole as it was when I left
My suggestion would be to piss off back there then. Just a suggestion. When BF is slow in future go have a shower. :D

Little Dozer wrote:

You post 715 times and still be a bigger flog than both of us. Dont like it. Its easy, dont read or preferably leave so we dont have to read you rubbish. Actuality you are funny. I find uninformed people funny and you are highly qualified for that. Why dont you join the freak. Suitable name for you.

Little Dozer
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:
Little Dozer wrote:

You post 715 times and still be a bigger flog than both of us. Dont like it. Its easy, dont read or preferably leave so we dont have to read you rubbish. Actuality you are funny. I find uninformed people funny and you are highly qualified for that. Why dont you join the freak. Suitable name for you.
In English please. Actuality? I doubt you've used an apostrophe in a single post. Get yourself an education before you label other people as "uninformed".

I'm so sick of waiting!
This is a new day!
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Little Dozer wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Little Dozer wrote:

In English please. Actuality? I doubt you've used an apostrophe in a single post. Get yourself an education before you label other people as "uninformed".

Does dozer mean dick where you come from? Simple question.

Little Dozer
Club Player

Resorting to primary school level humour? It's to be expected I guess when one's a simpleton.

I'm so sick of waiting!
This is a new day!
st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:Holy moly the idiots come out after a loss. I blame the people smugglers for him missing goals and I care about his welfare that's why I want him deported back to one of those terrorist countries. No wonder people think we're racists here, seriously people Riewoldt didn't play s*** because his background is German and the salt in his wieners gets him dehydrated.
I never blamed his game on Ramadan ... In fact it started on Monday not Sunday so Saad was able to eat and drink during the game .. My question is how he will go this week

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

groupie1 wrote:
linmarnic wrote: I think fasting in Ramadan includes abstaining from food and water from sunrise to sunset. Not sure how Saad is managing this while playing in the afternoon? He would suffer from dehydration I would think.
OF COURSE YOU DON'T STOP DRINKING WATER, FOR CHRIST SAKE! SOME OF THE MISCONCEPTIONS ABOUT MUSLIMS IN THIS COUNTRY OF OURS ARE ASTOUNDING. No wonder we a re a global mockery of bigotry and racial hatred. I live abroad, and its something ALL Asians think of us.

How could you possibly go without water all day for a month in Muslim country climates? The population would have died by the end of Ramadan!!!!
Where I live they do abstain from drinking (even water) and eating during daylight hours - well those serious about Ramadan fasting anyway and there are exemptions - in fact even Westerners are prohibited from eating drinking and smoking in public and I am aware of a few people who have been been contacted and questioned by police after being caught drinking or eating in their cars after being dobbed in by other passing motorists - it's serious and can lead to you being removed from the country

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!
st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

bergholt wrote:
f*** religion is stupid.
Not stupid just different ... To some people obsession over a game of footy is stupid

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

st_Trav_ofWA wrote:
gringo wrote:Holy moly the idiots come out after a loss. I blame the people smugglers for him missing goals and I care about his welfare that's why I want him deported back to one of those terrorist countries. No wonder people think we're racists here, seriously people Riewoldt didn't play s*** because his background is German and the salt in his wieners gets him dehydrated.
I never blamed his game on Ramadan ... In fact it started on Monday not Sunday so Saad was able to eat and drink during the game .. My question is how he will go this week
Ramadan started last Friday

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!
st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

From every Muslim I know from India ,Australia and Europe they all don't drink water while fasting for Ramadan

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

Devilhead wrote:
st_Trav_ofWA wrote:
Ramadan started last Friday
Sorry I though Monday was the 20th ... My bad

Jacks Back
Saintsational Legend

st_Trav_ofWA wrote:
Well there's your problem. If he's eating during the game no wonder he didn't have time to touch the ball.

As ex-president Peter Summers said:
“If we are going to be a contender, we may as well plan to win the bloody thing.”

St Kilda - At least we have a Crest!
linmarnic
Club Player

I asked a couple of my Australian Muslim friends what would they do if they were Saad? That is, would they not drink during a game or would they break their fast? They told me that it is actually possible to get an exemption from fasting under certain circumstances, such as health reasons or work related reasons. You would have to make up for it by fasting another day instead of that one. So Saad has that option I guess if he chooses to take it. It is really up to the individual. This subject is actually topical at the moment with Ramadan falling during the Olympic games and many Muslim athletes having to make a choice regarding their fasting.

Never give up
Austinnn
Club Player

8856brother wrote:
My suggestion would be to piss off back there then. Just a suggestion. When BF is slow in future go have a shower. :D
+1

Just My Opinion
------------------------------------------------

You'll Never Walk Alone
Austinnn
Club Player

Little Dozer wrote:Resorting to primary school level humour? It's to be expected I guess when one's a simpleton.
Listen, all I ever read from you is insults about your enemies on here. How about you either stick to discussing the football club and accept that we have different opinions, and perhaps 'foe' list your enemies like I do, OR take your bitter comments somewhere where they'd be better appreciated.

If you don't like either of those suggestions, then I'd have to assume that you're just a troll with nothing to offer.

And don't give us the "he started it routine", I assume that you are over 15. I could be wrong. In any case, try to be a bigger Dozer and shrug off the insults you get, or don't participate in forums.

Just My Opinion

You'll Never Walk Alone
Little Dozer
Club Player

Austinnn wrote:
Little Dozer wrote:Resorting to primary school level humour? It's to be expected I guess when one's a simpleton.
Listen, all I ever read from you is insults about your enemies on here. How about you either stick to discussing the football club and accept that we have different opinions, and perhaps 'foe' list your enemies like I do, OR take your bitter comments somewhere where they'd be better appreciated.

If you don't like either of those suggestions, then I'd have to assume that you're just a troll with nothing to offer.

And don't give us the "he started it routine", I assume that you are over 15. I could be wrong. In any case, try to be a bigger Dozer and shrug off the insults you get, or don't participate in forums.
Thanks for the advice frog.

I'm so sick of waiting!
This is a new day!
Austinnn
Club Player

Don't overreact.

No one is saying that because he's a Muslim he won't play well. Anyone who's seen my posts can verify that I'm not into that kind of talk, but the simple truth is that Ramadan is a month where observant Muslims avoid eating and drinking for large periods of time, and even Ahmed himself doesn't know how he'll go:

"I'm looking forward to the challenge of finding out how I can train without eating, but I'll speak to our coaches and nutritionist to find out about what I have to eat at night to help me out during the day."

(part of this article) http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/afl ... 6419490818

It could be that in his first year of AFL footy, he's finding the pace a bit exhausting. It could be that fasting for 12 hours a day is taking 5% of his strength, who knows? I'm sure that the nutritionists are onto it, but I wonder how many of them have experience with that kind of situation. I would imagine that it's only a recent problem in Australian sport, so you'd hope that they are well-travelled or at least do their research.

Other posters have disputed the extent of the fast, but I think that's a personal choice due to how orthodox you are. Some Jews eat pork, some Catholic priests... well that's probably a bad example. And it's got nothing to do with choosing to be a professional athlete or not. You decide on which rules to bend because of your relationship with the religion, not your job.

So I wasn't saying that's definitely the reason, I was merely pondering whether that could have been a factor. That doesn't mean I'm a One Nation member, even if I did get the article from a Herald Sun affiliate. :oops:

And to Bergholt I'd say that even though your aggression on that matter is distasteful, I'd agree with the sentiment personally. However I'm sure you respect as I do the right of anyone to believe in whatever ridiculous superstition they choose.

From my point of view, a goal a game is alright for a goal sneak and he's going to have ups and downs for the first year or so. He's exciting to watch and is part of our future. If the club is smart, it will be monitoring his progress and judging whether or not to juggle him with Milera and Siposs or try and get him game hardened and consistent straight away.

Just My Opinion

You'll Never Walk Alone
Austinnn
Club Player

Little Dozer wrote:Thanks for the advice frog.
You're welcome!

PS: I live in France, I'm not French.

Just My Opinion

You'll Never Walk Alone
bergholt
Saintsational Legend

Austinnn wrote:And to Bergholt I'd say that even though your aggression on that matter is distasteful, I'd agree with the sentiment personally. However I'm sure you respect as I do the right of anyone to believe in whatever ridiculous superstition they choose.
up to a point, sure. as soon as they start affecting other people with their arbitrary beliefs - including forcing them onto their own children - then i start to have a problem with it.

dragit
Saintsational Legend

I think he should be made to catch the bus for interstate trips… Probably eying off the Rialto as we speak.

bakes
Club Player

dragit..that's just sad and beyond a joke that you would put that photo up.
Many innocent lives were lost and for you to link a harmless footballer to 9/11... that's disgusting

dragit
Saintsational Legend

bakes wrote:dragit..that's just sad and beyond a joke that you would put that photo up.
Many innocent lives were lost and for you to link a harmless footballer to 9/11... that's disgusting
Yes bakes apologies if you are offended… it was a pot-shot at some ridiculous views which have similar merit…
I do not actually believe that being a Muslim makes you a terrorist or a bad person.