Sad Saad

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

bergholt
Saintsational Legend

Re: Sad Saad

borderbarry wrote:Siposs had 4 kicks in just over half the game.
Saad had 3 for the entire match.
that's splitting hairs. both of them were quiet, as was about half the team.

bakes
Club Player

Might be an idea to leave the team as it is for next week.
No changes.
The only change I'd make is perhaps give Dunell a full game and Saad can be the sub.

mr six o'clock
Saintsational Legend

silly post ,
young first year players are always inconsistant .

In red white and black from 73
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

bakes wrote:Might be an idea to leave the team as it is for next week.
No changes.
The only change I'd make is perhaps give Dunell a full game and Saad can be the sub.
Tend to agree.

Dunnell will like an easy game for a full match.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:
bakes wrote:Might be an idea to leave the team as it is for next week.
No changes.
Tend to agree.

Dunnell will like an easy game for a full match.

Easy like North and Port. Your take on easy hasnt been good at all.

Jacks Back
Saintsational Legend

I will compromise and have Saad as the sub this week. He is probably more suited to a role like that anyway. Plus his knee seems to be taped up every week now so he's probably not going at 100% for the complete game.

As ex-president Peter Summers said:
“If we are going to be a contender, we may as well plan to win the bloody thing.”

St Kilda - At least we have a Crest!
StevieSaint
Club Player

Yesterday was just a stinker all round. In regards to Saad, I believe Ramadan has just started so he probably would have been hungry given that he wouldn't be eating until the sun goes down.

GO SAINTS GO
Austinnn
Club Player

StevieSaint wrote:Yesterday was just a stinker all round. In regards to Saad, I believe Ramadan has just started so he probably would have been hungry given that he wouldn't be eating until the sun goes down.
I was thinking about that actually. Could be a factor. May be worth playing as a sub for the moment, bringing Milera in. How did Terry go in the Zebs?

Just My Opinion
------------------------------------------------

You'll Never Walk Alone
mick13
Club Player

mr six o'clock wrote:silly post ,
young first year players are always inconsistant .
Haha and not to mention he's a first year player playing in the toughest position on the ground! Give him bit of a break there.

He's a goal sneak! Milney has had lots of quiet games, we don't (or shouldn't) knock him everytime he's quiet.

As long as one of them does well. Saad 4 last week, Milney 5 this week.

Dropping Saad won't achieve much, unless he's tired. He's shown his worthy of our best 22 (and I think he's top 5 for goal kicking despite not playing in the first 6-7 games).

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

All of our least experienced players had poor games.

Against the ladders leaders, in form, experienced and applying lots of pressure, it was nor really surprising when you think about it.

On Saad...watch him tear the Doggies apart next week.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

8. Selfishness.
Ahmed Saad believes his job is to kick goals. He should also believe his job is to dish goals. Swooped on a loose ball and took a shot from the pocket, and he had Kosi in the square. He missed, the Saints missed an opportunity, and momentum was lost in the third quarter. The score was 49-42 and the Swans took it downfield where Heath Grundy received a soft free for in the back and goaled. Saad's decision was one of many bad decisions for the Saints. They had plenty of the ball but bombed it into the forward line, where Ryan O'Keefe had been planted.
http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/afl ... 6432274192

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
linmarnic
Club Player

Austinnn wrote:
StevieSaint wrote:Yesterday was just a stinker all round. In regards to Saad, I believe Ramadan has just started so he probably would have been hungry given that he wouldn't be eating until the sun goes down.
I was thinking about that actually. Could be a factor. May be worth playing as a sub for the moment, bringing Milera in. How did Terry go in the Zebs?
I think fasting in Ramadan includes abstaining from food and water from sunrise to sunset. Not sure how Saad is managing this while playing in the afternoon? He would suffer from dehydration I would think.

Never give up
Jacks Back
Saintsational Legend

Whatever anyone's beliefs are, they should be left in the change rooms and be prepared to do the things that everyone else in the team is expected to do. There should be no favours and no beg your pardons.

As ex-president Peter Summers said:
“If we are going to be a contender, we may as well plan to win the bloody thing.”

St Kilda - At least we have a Crest!
matrix
Saintsational Legend

he'll kick 5 against the dogs

groupie1
Club Player

8856brother wrote:
ShanghaiSaint wrote:
Jacks Back wrote:Saad is a disgrace. He just doesn't do enough and needs to be dropped.
hahaha last week he's great now should be dropped... maybe our whole team should be dropped? 90% played as bad as he did.
To be fair 3 of his goals last week were about as hard as getting a joe the goose over the top. He is going to be frustrating to watch but we must persist as Milney wont be around for much longer. Maybe rotate him and Terry for the rest of the season.
Don't necessarily agree. a few of those toe-poke demonstrated a level of skill and ability to change posture quickly. Tricky and skillful layers like that are valuable.

Plus, beautiful set shot for goal.

He's a goodun. Only thing i'd wanna see is a higher tackle count to round him out.

Gordon Fode couldda been Plugga
groupie1
Club Player

linmarnic wrote:
Austinnn wrote:
I think fasting in Ramadan includes abstaining from food and water from sunrise to sunset. Not sure how Saad is managing this while playing in the afternoon? He would suffer from dehydration I would think.
OF COURSE YOU DON'T STOP DRINKING WATER, FOR CHRIST SAKE! SOME OF THE MISCONCEPTIONS ABOUT MUSLIMS IN THIS COUNTRY OF OURS ARE ASTOUNDING. No wonder we a re a global mockery of bigotry and racial hatred. I live abroad, and its something ALL Asians think of us.

How could you possibly go without water all day for a month in Muslim country climates? The population would have died by the end of Ramadan!!!!

spert
Saintsational Legend

Might have been line-ball with quite a few players against the Swans who could have been subbed. Maybe Siposs didn't carry out the coaches instructions, Saad is there to feed off the talls who were bloody hopeless, so pretty hard to do crumbing work unless you have a lot of experience under your belt, and when we rely on a small like Milne to be taking marks in the forward line, then something is horribly wrong at half forward, and I think Siposs just let his man run off him too easily.

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

I wonder how Saad is going to go this month now Ramadum (SP?) has started ?? It's gotta be hard going all daylight hours without any food or water let alone getting through a footy match

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
StevieSaint
Club Player

Hey Groupie...they drink water but only when the sun goes down and then they feast at night. I used to work with them, they are good people...the majority anyway.

GO SAINTS GO
st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

Groupie you are wrong the fasting does include water during the sun light hours .. My closest friend has done this for as long as I have known him it's not a misconception at all see the following link

http://muslimconverts.com/ramadan/ramadan.htm

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
groupie1
Club Player

nope, then it isn't a universal thing then. Muslims can drink water during Ramadan during the day. And obviously some don't.

bergholt
Saintsational Legend

f*** religion is stupid.

linmarnic
Club Player

groupie1 wrote:nope, then it isn't a universal thing then. Muslims can drink water during Ramadan during the day. And obviously some don't.
Yes they can, but not if they are fasting.

Never give up
gringo
Saintsational Legend

Holy moly the idiots come out after a loss. I blame the people smugglers for him missing goals and I care about his welfare that's why I want him deported back to one of those terrorist countries. No wonder people think we're racists here, seriously people Riewoldt didn't play s*** because his background is German and the salt in his wieners gets him dehydrated.

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

Did Riewold play sh1t?