So what do we think of Adam Schnieder's game?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

bigred
Saintsational Legend

Re: So what do we think of Adam Schnieder's game?

ralphsmith wrote:Deliberately missed easy goals against his former adoring fans.
that actually made me chortle.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
dragit
Saintsational Legend

skeptic wrote:WHen you compare all of our small forwards in Milne, Schneider, Milera and Saad... 3 of them have had at least one match winning performance this season
Give us a spell… his first game was round 11 - as a sub…

Great stuff, digging the boots into a player, about a game, which you heard a bit on the radio, WTF…

Did you see his ankle injury on the radio?

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

where exactly did I did the boots into him for that game..? I asked a question RE how he played and went off other people's answers

and that doesn't change the fact that he wasn't that good last season either

ok right now I may be being harsh... but is he really playing below his baseline?

More than happy to be wrong but I doubt he will do much more this season

dragit
Saintsational Legend

skeptic wrote:More than happy to be wrong but I doubt he will do much more this season
Much more than what? He's been good this year in nearly every game he's played after serious hamstring injuries set him back nearly 3 months…
What's his baseline? from your armchairs perspective?

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

Yours is an armchair perspective too

By and large I think that he does a handful of good things per match that make him look better than he is. He very rarely dominates games and rarely has big games. He certainly doesn't play particularly well in losing teams and almost never is a dominant player in a losing team ala Mine Vs Sydney

I think he is an immensly talented player. He's smart, silky skilled and fast. You marvel at him every time he gets the ball because he looks fantastic and he often plays good 1/4s here and there ala North (first 1/4) where he looks a million dollars. He should be one of the best players in this team and a player occasionally wins us game with dominant performances. He shd be a player that opposition coaches fear and send their best taggers too.

The only time I can ever remember him having a sustained purple patch was late 2009'ish.

He is in my opinion a down hill skier, that too easily gets curbed out of games. He reminds me of a number players we had in the Watson era... Mitchell, Plapp etc do several god things a match but are heavily beaten more often than not.

He simply doesn't cotribute enough... it's alright to be beaten but when he is, he is non-existant.

To summerise... looks dangerous but is ineffective

dragit
Saintsational Legend

skeptic wrote:He should be one of the best players in this team and a player occasionally wins us game with dominant performances. He shd be a player that opposition coaches fear and send their best taggers too.
I don't understand this… why should he be one of the best in the team? Why would a tagger go to a small half forward?

He might be highly skilled but just not have the body or aerobic capacity to impact games in the midfield for 4 quarters - he's a small forward, like Milne and all other small forwards will drift in and out of games.

Pretty hard to be one of the best players in a team with Hayes, Dal Santo, Montagna, Riewoldt, Milne, Fisher in the side. Some players accumulate tons of possessions, others get it less but are more damaging. He looks like he has been going pretty hard to me this year, but you think he is lazy - fair enough.

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

I didn't say he was lazy... I just think he is very over hyped on this forum. He is spoken of like a champion top 10 player (IMO only of course)

The comparison with Milne is a interesting one because Milne for all of his "drifting" in and out of games is a player that has several big games a year... also his "on" periods in games where he gets beaten are also more damaging.

Megsie
Club Player

ordinary game like a few others. BJ was not alone.
But they are not robots.