PAUL ROOS......

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

ozrulestrace
SS Hall of Fame

Re: PAUL ROOS......

OK, I totally with everyone's comments about Roos.
As a "special comments" commentator, this is employed to make the following-

SPECIAL & COMMENTS

not wear out our eardrums with bias and crap.

Having worn out my friendship with Foxtel las year when I emailed them to complaint about Dwayne Russell and his bias, maybe some of you could hit the keyboard at www.foxtel.com.au and find the contact us button, or find the Foxtel Facebookpage and leave comments about the standard of his comments. Leave him to comment on other games, not Sydney games.

Don't whinge, in the words of John Kennedy-JUST DO!

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

He likes Sean ;)

stinger
Saintsational Legend

Pwoit wrote:SHUT THE F#$K UPPP!!!
i don't know how many times i said that during the telecast....my wife told me to turn of the sound on the tellie and listen to the radio...out of sinc though....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
GRAMophone
Club Player

Agree with all of the above. I actually liked Roos in the past but biased commentary extremely irritating today.

HOPELESSLY DEVOTED
CURLY
Saintsational Legend

Goodes has only had three touches but he is one of the best on ground??????

NO IFS OR BUTS HARVS IS KING OF THE AFL
St Lenny
Club Player

Scotty made a comment in his early days that Roos took as a swipe at his good mate "Rossey". Since then he has been anti St Kilda.

saint75
SS Hall of Fame

Quite disappointed in Paul Roos. He use to be one of my preferred special comments people up until about 2-3 years ago. His bias comments about Ross (when Ross was still coaching us) didn't sit all that well with me and his comments this year are bordering on the absurd. This does not just include games involving us - listen to him on 'On the Couch' and you will see what I mean.

It seems to me that commentators seem tot think they need to be loud and absurd in their commentary. For example, a few years ago I actually quite liked listening to Brian Taylor. Now he sounds like a circus clown when he commentates on the game. They are heading in the Rex Hunt direction and we all know how that ended for Rex.....

The sad thing is, you can't escape these fools. Each station has 1 or 5 of them (albeit some are worse than others). SEN seems to be the one that has the least irritating commentators. Try to listen to them wherever possible.

I don't mind that someone has a love and passion for their football club. We all do. However, I DO NOT want to hear it when you are commentating on a football match!!!!!!

Fortius Quo Fidelius
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

4. Paul Roos at Swans games.
Tactical genius, insightful and honest, but too one-sided Swans for neutral supporters. Had a crack at Malcolm Blight and Robert Walls last year for their coverage of the Suns v Blues, and Roosy joins that brigade. Got the feeling early he was anti-Saints -- their treatment of Ross Lyon perhaps? – and although his dissection of the Swans was first class, it was biased. One moment he was bewildered by the lack of defence when Milne goaled, and when the Saints allowed a Bird goal, he labelled the Saints defence as a disgrace. And, yes, the Saints will have noticed.
http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/afl ... 6432274192

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
saint75
SS Hall of Fame

Seems everyone is in agreement. SEN had a segment on this very topic this morning. Even Swans supporters agreed that his comments were biased.

All most supporters ask for is impartiality when it comes to commentators when watching the TV broadcast. Given the money he is paid, surely he could manage that?

Fortius Quo Fidelius
dragit
Saintsational Legend

ImageImage

MCG-Unit
SS Life Member

Have to agree with most on here - It's the worst I've heard Roos. Had the volume off a lot of the time. I think it was in the third quarter, he sort of checked himself and said something like...' with all what we are saying that the Saints are doing wrong, and the Swans are doing right, it's only 7 points the difference...' !! Hello

That's what happens when there is one caller and 3 so called special comments men. The caller needs to have a spell, and that's when you get fill in nonsense a lot of the time, instead of match-ups etc. Happens for all of Fox exclusive broadcasts I think.

Stand your ground :shock:
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

He really goes after players hard as well.

Deplorable, disgusting, disgraceful....

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:He really goes after players hard as well.

Deplorable, disgusting, disgraceful....
Roos criticism of the Saints players was really over the top.

One that sticks in my mind is the Saad snap and miss from metres out in traffic. PR absolutely ripped into the bloke for not handballing across to Kosi.

Apart from the fact it was a reflex shot by Saad, the replay showed there would have been a risk involved in the pass and a further risk that Kosi could've gathered and drilled it before being tackled.

And I'm sure if Saad had've attempted to get it to Kosi and something had gone wrong then the cry of "why didn't he kick it himself" would've emanated from mouth of the ex Swans coach :roll:

ozrulestrace
SS Hall of Fame

Might I also mention the one reason I chose not to turn onto "On the Couch" last night was because of Paul Roos, as three hours of his crap was three hours too much from the day before and I didn't want to add an extra hour.

Is anyone out there in Foxtel world reading our comments and worked out the guy is a liability to their broadcasts?