Gilbert - one of our worst kicks ever!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

Re: Gilbert - one of our worst kicks ever!

avid wrote:Gilbo did two very good right foot kicks tonight. First time ever two in the one game. (Probably only his third and fourth right foot kicks ever.)
I thought he was excellent value tonight.
Jones was far more embarrassing, not even wanting to kick, and ending up with even worse stuff-ups than just a poor kick.
I thought Jones' workrate was excellent tonight and instrumental in the win. He is a bit of a Jack Daniels but by focusing on field kicking at training should help IMO.

Your friendly neighbourhood samurai.
matrix
Saintsational Legend

saw him kick one on his right last night as well
nearly fell off the couch :shock:

i though he did alright
im used to the shanks and turnovers now

does plenty of other work tho
off the ball stuff

lets face it if he didnt shank 50% of his kicks we would be talking about him in the positive light we were two years or so ago

AA level

older saint
SS Life Member

Keep him on the wing then the damage of a long turnover is 150 metres from goal

avid
Club Player

samuraisaint wrote:
avid wrote:Gilbo did two very good right foot kicks tonight. First time ever two in the one game. (Probably only his third and fourth right foot kicks ever.)
I thought he was excellent value tonight.
Jones was far more embarrassing, not even wanting to kick, and ending up with even worse stuff-ups than just a poor kick.
I thought Jones' workrate was excellent tonight and instrumental in the win. He is a bit of a Jack Daniels but by focusing on field kicking at training should help IMO.
It was only his unforgivable fear of kicking that let Jones down. Otherwise I agree -- he was excellent, and a major contributor to the win.

demac

cant beleive how much everyone bags him yes his kicking can be oirdinary at times, but im willing to bet he does the most running off the ball to create a extra man or in defence help out watch the game closely and watch all the off the ball work he does that others dont, anyone who wants to bag him for 2010 gf is kidding themself, is it his fault that he gets pushed up forward in a gf which he has never really played before (because we lacked other options) and he ran maxwell around least he ran his ass off and found the ball and got 3 shots on goal if he kicked them everyone would be raving how good he is. support the players not bag them

go the saints
stkildajason3votes
Club Player

It's short nd sweet - DIDO
J