Judd - Am I missing something?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

Re: Judd - Am I missing something?

bigred wrote:He must get weeks for this.

How he got off the Campbell Brown eye gouge, the Pavlich elbow and then the Steven Segal stuff is beyond me.

They cant hide this one. He needs to be hit by the banhammer. Pretty hard. 3+
Yes, Bigred, the tribunal's record of punishing him for past indiscretions would indicate he'll get off lightly again. There'll be pitchforks and blazing torches on SS if it happens. I wonder what the penalty would be if it was Steven Baker on the wrong end of it? After all, Bakes got weeks for slapping someone's hand and 7 weeks for stopping suddenly and having someone run into him (without any independent evidence).

When you add up Judd's "indiscretions", it makes for disturbing reading. These incidents you highlighted, Bigred, all have a touch of the bizarre about them. I know he gets belted around, week after week, but you don't see Ablett, Franklin, Roo, Pavlich et al carry on this way. Maybe the driveway doesn't go all the way to the road. BTW, put Steven Baker on the MRP. I'm sure he'd bring a unique and refreshing perspective to judging guilt and applying penalties!

I started with nothing and I've got most of it left!
SENsei
Saintsational Legend

Because it was at the forefront of my mind, I noticed Joel Selwood do a standing version of the 'arm tackle jolt' on Saturday night. He had the Magpie player by the arm after the Pie had tried to fend him off. The arm twisted a bit but not as ugly looking as the Judd incident.

I don't know what Judd was thinking. Neither do any of us including the media so until he has a chance to explain and defend himself, the current reaction is over the top. Finey last night was appalling to be honest. Wish he'd never brought up Stevie Baker into the argument.

Anyone remember the Steven Kretiuk incident with Matthew Lloyd's broken hand? Did anything come of that? Is that a valid comparison?

Poster formerly known as SENsaintsational. More wisdom. More knowledge. Less name.
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

White Winmar wrote: I wonder what the penalty would be if it was Steven Baker on the wrong end of it? After all, Bakes got weeks for slapping someone's hand and 7 weeks for stopping suddenly and having someone run into him (without any independent evidence).
Actually WW, Steve only got one week for slapping Johnsons hand.

I checked it out as I was curious, it was a misconduct charge, and it was only because of the other charges and bad record that saw it bumped up to 9 weeks.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/afl/more-ne ... 5885664182

Baker, who earlier pleaded guilty to a third striking charge, was found guilty of misconduct in that he made unreasonable and unnecessary contact with an injured player.

Already facing a four-match suspension after accepting the penalties on two striking charges, Baker was hit with another two matches for the third striking charge and one for misconduct.

Carry-over demerit points from all four charges tallied more than 200, adding another two matches to the massive penalty that will force him to sit out the rest of the home-and-away season.

That's why I reckon the precedent will see Judd only get one.

White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

Sorry, Sainter K, I thought he got 2 weeks for that act as part of his "package". Wasn't the original total 12 weeks, which was reduced to 9 for the guilty plea?

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

White Winmar wrote:Sorry, Sainter K, I thought he got 2 weeks for that act as part of his "package". Wasn't the original total 12 weeks, which was reduced to 9 for the guilty plea?
Yes, but I think the misconduct charge was only ever one week.

Not saying slapping a hand is similar force to what Judd did, I just reckon it gives the MRP an easy out to give him a week based on precendent.

White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:
White Winmar wrote:Sorry, Sainter K, I thought he got 2 weeks for that act as part of his "package". Wasn't the original total 12 weeks, which was reduced to 9 for the guilty plea?
Yes, but I think the misconduct charge was only ever one week.

Not saying slapping a hand is similar force to what Judd did, I just reckon it gives the MRP an easy out to give him a week based on precendent.
I think we're in furious agreement on this. One week's about the most he'll get. Although if Baker got one, going on precedents, Judd will get zip.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

SENsaintsational wrote:Wish he'd never brought up Stevie Baker into the argument.

Anyone remember the Steven Kretiuk incident with Matthew Lloyd's broken hand? Did anything come of that? Is that a valid comparison?
Finey tries so hard to take off his supporter hat that he ends up looking like a dill.

Bakes didn't get 9 weeks for slapping Johnsons hand, it was because he flat out hit him on a couple of occasions, and he had a bad record.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Well there goes that theory.

Media reported it incorrecly, was reported by boundary ump for rough conduct, not misconduct.

Good chance of getting off now IMO.

saint75
SS Hall of Fame

SENsaintsational wrote:You've just proven my point though. How do you know what he was attempting to do? None of us know that until he has a chance to defend himself. Trial by media has been done before and probably again, but I reiterate, if his name was Lenny Hayes would we be so quick to sink the slipper in? Forget the previous record stuff....just think about this incident. Personally, I think there are explanations for what he was attempting to do and to intimate that he should get 8-10 weeks is laughable. This is worse that Barry Hall hitting Brent Staker? You can't be serious.
We have had players subjected to trial by the media in the past and no doubt will again in the future. Don't confuse the issue though. This has NOTHING to do with our players or any other teams players. It is about Chris Judd and his low act/s.

I don't think it is a trial by the media at all. The football publica in general are more disgusted by the incident on Friday night (including some Carlton supporters). This speaks volumes. His explanation will mean diddly squat as the vision and his record speaks for itself. Perhaps if they had gone harder on him in the past, he may have thought twice. He has been given plenty of leniency by the footy media for his past indiscretions due to his stature in the game. Enough is enough. He needs to be made an example of, end of story. If they don't, they are p**s weak. Shouldn't matter who you are, if commit such a low act, you deserve the book to be thrown at you. Doesn't matter what colours you wear or what your stature in the game is.

Saddest thing about this is that he has irreparably damaged his reputation after a magnificent career. His game was sublime on Friday night (the incident aside). He tried to single-handedly drag his team over the line. His team mates seem to be flying under the radar due to this incident. A few of them should be hanging their heads in shame!

Fortius Quo Fidelius
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/ ... fault.aspx

Several odd incidents will take the lustre off carreer, but his attitude has not always been exemplery

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
stevie
Saintsational Legend

I lost any admiration for this guy when he started doing the dirty stuff. Couldn't give a f*** about his standing in the game, about his achievements.

I said it once awhile back and will say it again now - Harves never did rubbish like this. Heaps of other tagged midfielders never resorted to this s***. He truly must have some sort of short circuit in his brain, which is no excuse anyway.

I hope he gets a few weeks to ponder things

repta
Club Player

bigred wrote:Baker would have got 11 weeks for that.

Betcha Judd gets nuddin.

hahahaha ...... no Baker would have been give 11 years and criminal charges laid.

Is Judd becoming the dirtiest "clean" player ever to play. He is near to the top of everones "we love" list and "cant do no wrong" , but a history of eye gouging, pressure points and now joint manipulation would suggest that his sweaky clean image should be erased ......

My pick ... hes a very naughty boy .... and leave it at that.

Sobraz
SS Life Member

Imagine what Bec has to put up with in the bedroom...

Any wonder she enjoys overindulging in the champers so much...

SENsei
Saintsational Legend

Sobraz wrote:Imagine what Bec has to put up with in the bedroom...

Any wonder she enjoys overindulging in the champers so much...
50 Shades of Judd??

Poster formerly known as SENsaintsational. More wisdom. More knowledge. Less name.
dragit
Saintsational Legend

Judd to face tribunal

The medical report tabled by North Melbourne to the MRP is understood to have said that the tackle dislocated Adams' shoulder.

Good on them.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

dragit wrote:Judd to face tribunal

The medical report tabled by North Melbourne to the MRP is understood to have said that the tackle dislocated Adams' shoulder.

Good on them.

We didnt like them 2 weeks ago.

dragit
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:

Good on them.

I'll never like them, but good on them for telling the truth, dislocated shoulder is a pretty serious injury.

What was wrights injury again? sore adams apple? Not sure how that one got 2 weeks, but that isn't North's fault.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

dragit wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Good on them.

I'll never like them, but good on them for telling the truth, dislocated shoulder is a pretty serious injury.

What was wrights injury again? sore adams apple? Not sure how that one got 2 weeks, but that isn't North's fault.

Well it partly is because as they obviously tell the truth they said something that suggested the impact was medium and not low.

SENsei
Saintsational Legend

Can someone explain what this actually means now? Are we really talking a 4+ week penalty going straight through to the tribunal?

I've seen so much worse on a football field over the last 40 odd years. I can't believe I am getting this one so wrong.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

SENsaintsational wrote:Can someone explain what this actually means now? Are we really talking a 4+ week penalty going straight through to the tribunal?

I've seen so much worse on a football field over the last 40 odd years. I can't believe I am getting this one so wrong.
No

It actually means nobody has any idea.

Could escape sanction, could get weeks.

Now though, to my understanding, it will become about what he says?

dragit
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:Well it partly is because as they obviously tell the truth they said something that suggested the impact was medium and not low.
Adams could not see out the game after having his shoulder pulled from the socket, Kade Simpson could not stand and will miss at least 4 weeks. Sam Wright came on soon afterwards and was in BJ's face after kicking a goal, High, Medium & Low… still offers plenty of grey in my book. I personally think that both Merrit & Hockings hits were much higher impact than Goddards, don't you?

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

dragit wrote:
plugger66 wrote:Well it partly is because as they obviously tell the truth they said something that suggested the impact was medium and not low.
Adams could not see out the game after having his shoulder pulled from the socket, Kade Simpson could not stand and will miss at least 4 weeks. Sam Wright came on soon afterwards and was in BJ's face after kicking a goal, High, Medium & Low… still offers plenty of grey in my book. I personally think that both Merrit & Hockings hits were much higher impact than Goddards, don't you?

They looked harder but the medical reports suggest they may have the hurt the player the same. How did you see the impact to CJ?

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:
SENsaintsational wrote:Can someone explain what this actually means now? Are we really talking a 4+ week penalty going straight through to the tribunal?

No

It actually means nobody has any idea.

Could escape sanction, could get weeks.

Now though, to my understanding, it will become about what he says?
IMO it went to the tribunal so it could be more airy fairy. ie. the tribunal makes up a reason for x number of weeks already determined by the AFL.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
dragit
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
dragit wrote:

They looked harder but the medical reports suggest they may have the hurt the player the same. How did you see the impact to CJ?
Thought Rich was unlucky to get 2, was a silly thing to do though and could have caused a very serious injury, extra week for bad sportsmanship maybe in that one?
Also I doubt CJ would have had anything to report medically from the incident? But not everything should be based on consequence.
Last edited by dragit on Mon 16 Jul 2012 5:52pm, edited 1 time in total.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

dragit wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
dragit wrote:Adams could not see out the game after having his shoulder pulled from the socket, Kade Simpson could not stand and will miss at least 4 weeks. Sam Wright came on soon afterwards and was in BJ's face after kicking a goal, High, Medium & Low… still offers plenty of grey in my book. I personally think that both Merrit & Hockings hits were much higher impact than Goddards, don't you?

Thought Rich was unlucky to get 2, was a silly thing to do though and could have caused a very serious injury, extra week for bad sportsmanship maybe in that one?

No the extra week came about because the contact was classed a medium. The MRP decide the contact but that is influenced by the medical report.