Round 16 Team

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

3rd generation saint
Saintsational Legend

Re: Round 16 Team

What's the weather forecast for Saturday night?

Except for the sanity nothing much has been lost.
perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

3rd generation saint wrote:What's the weather forecast for Saturday night?
34 degrees and clear skies - in Oklahoma.

Rain periods and 18 degrees in Brisbane.

avid
Club Player

I'm thrilled that Dunell's done well and come up.
But are we really trying to punish Tom Ledger or something? Are we really trying to tell him he doesn't have a chance, under any circumstances?
Surely the one player he'd be understudy to would be Jack Steven.
And the weather's going to be wet. Why would a fleet-footed marking forward get the gig over an in-and-under hard-nut ball-magnet?
I don't really understand what's going on.
(Congrats to Sam though.)

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Yeah, I know....

And if we lose in the midfield, questions will be asked no doubt.... And deservedly so

Siposs and Dunell will have to spend time on the wing, with Reiwoldt, Kosi, Schnieder, Milne, Wilkes and one of those in the fwd half.... He most likely will be sub

perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

Yes, and just when I thought the coach was learning something. Rule 1: Don't play newbies interstate - they will be scarred for the rest of the season.

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

avid wrote:I'm thrilled that Dunell's done well and come up.
But are we really trying to punish Tom Ledger or something? Are we really trying to tell him he doesn't have a chance, under any circumstances?
And the weather's going to be wet. Why would a fleet-footed marking forward get the gig over an in-and-under hard-nut ball-magnet?
How many games have you actually seen Lurker play? He has a ton of ability, but has not learnt how to use it. Until he does, he should stay at Sandy, and if he doesn't wake up pretty soon, may find himself on the rookie list next year.

Congratulation Sam, you have shown what dedication to a game plan and hard work can achieve.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:Yeah, I know....

And if we lose in the midfield, questions will be asked no doubt.... And deservedly so

Siposs and Dunell will have to spend time on the wing, with Reiwoldt, Kosi, Schnieder, Milne, Wilkes and one of those in the fwd half.... He most likely will be sub

Where exactly do you think Sam's been playing lately?

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
8856brother
Saintsational Legend

Bernard Shakey wrote:
How many games have you actually seen Lurker play? He has a ton of ability, but has not learnt how to use it. Until he does, he should stay at Sandy, and if he doesn't wake up pretty soon, may find himself on the rookie list next year.

Congratulation Sam, you have shown what dedication to a game plan and hard work can achieve.
Lurker?

Explains many of your comments about the young man.

Bernard Shakey wrote:

Bernard youve said this a few times and make it sound like Leger hasnt been showing up or even putting.

I dont see many VFL games but what Ive read, game reports etc from those that do - many times this year Leger's been mentioned in an among the bests......what is it he doesnt or isnt doing?

“Yeah….nah””
stkildathunda
SS Hall of Fame

All 3 of Saints emergencies are making the trip to Brisbane today.

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

HF in his las game

Wing/HB the game before

HB the two games prior
HF in all the games before that

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

It's funny how apparently Ledger has almost become hopeless this year after being promising in 2011 in an attempt to defend the coaches selections....... Considering he was the Bolter of our selections at Sandy last season. He was the only drafted kid who was not a bit player. This year he was mean to be the AFL steal as a DT player.

He is not getting a gig due to team balance, really it is that simple.... I think the conspiracy theories about attitude and skill level are generally Chinese whispers and innuendo... Not sure he's the one who's had two chances.... And his kicking haven't deteriorated in 12 months.... He turns it over a bit, like a lot of mids....

Tom is 19,,,, has the highest disposal average at Sandy and has been in the best players in most games he's played. He's a natural ball winner and is tough.... No question he will make... Just may not be at StK

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

I reckon Ledger is being given time to top up the tank.

Simple as that.

There is no point playing guys who can't yet run it out.

And besides, as you say BM, there hasn't really been a slot for him in the middle.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
Wrote for Luck
Club Player

my feeling re Ledger is that the style of game he plays requires a stronger body, and he needs to develop this before taking it to the AFL, otherwise his career is over earlier than otherwise

Pills 'n' Thrills and Heartaches
manoffewwords
Club Player

Ledgers team mates say he stuffs around at training and doesn't take drills seriously. That was about six or seven weeks ago. Obviously hasn't improved or is being taught a hard lesson

Say something once why say it again?
desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:Hi Bergholt
here is a recent team photographic to help you recognise some of their players. hope it helps mate.

Where's Tatum?

"The starting point of all achievement is desire. "
BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Tank not big enough to be a sub??

I would think he would be perfect.... Hunts and finds the footy, carries it, and has leg speed???