The boys were switched on tonight

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

mad saint guy
Saintsational Legend

The boys were switched on tonight

From the pre-game warm up it was obvious that the Saints were going to give everything. There was an unusual level of intensity and urgency in the pre game drills that you don't often see. Essendon looked lethargic and unfocused, whereas our boys just seemed so focused. Completely different to last week.

It was a great team effort and I'd like Goddard to have a close look at Simpkin's game tonight. Only if he plays with that level of endeavour and intensity will he reach his September 2010 level again. All of our inclusions did well tonight, with Siposs really looking like a senior player. Wilkes just needs to get a few fumbles out of his game and he'd be a valuable tall forward; he has a great workrate, is a good kick and takes some great grabs (even though he drops some easy ones).

This was the kind of four-quarter performance that needs to become the standard for St Kilda.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Re: The boys were switched on tonight

Simpkin was magnificent. If he keeps playing like that he will become a Saints legend...

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
Moods
Saintsational Legend

mad saint guy wrote: This was the kind of four-quarter performance that needs to become the standard for St Kilda.
I think you're being a bit unrealistic. No team sustains that consistently. Essendon were off tonight - and we were ON. I'm not sure we can ask that to be the standard, but that type of intensity would be good.

Skildir
Club Player

Felt like Essendon gave it to us in the first half but were overwhelmed by our intensity at the ball.

mad saint guy
Saintsational Legend

Moods wrote:
mad saint guy wrote: This was the kind of four-quarter performance that needs to become the standard for St Kilda.
I think you're being a bit unrealistic. No team sustains that consistently. Essendon were off tonight - and we were ON. I'm not sure we can ask that to be the standard, but that type of intensity would be good.
Yes that's essentially what I meant. Obviously we can't rely on Milney bagging 5 every week and shutting down the opposition's best midfielders throughout the year, but there's no reason why that level of intensity and aggression at the footy can't be the standard week after week.

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

mad saint guy wrote:From the pre-game warm up it was obvious that the Saints were going to give everything. There was an unusual level of intensity and urgency in the pre game drills that you don't often see. Essendon looked lethargic and unfocused, whereas our boys just seemed so focused. Completely different to last week.

It was a great team effort and I'd like Goddard to have a close look at Simpkin's game tonight. Only if he plays with that level of endeavour and intensity will he reach his September 2010 level again. All of our inclusions did well tonight, with Siposs really looking like a senior player. Wilkes just needs to get a few fumbles out of his game and he'd be a valuable tall forward; he has a great workrate, is a good kick and takes some great grabs (even though he drops some easy ones).

This was the kind of four-quarter performance that needs to become the standard for St Kilda.
Maybe just maybe they all didn't feel like s*** this weekend

Posting 20 years of holey crap!