Expansive Watters on SEN

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Re: Expansive Watters on SEN

http://www.saints.com.au/news/newsartic ... fault.aspx

The challenge when reviewing a close loss is to maintain a perspective on what was effective and what are the areas we need to improve.

The competition this season is very even, and to play finals footy we need to continue to evolve as a side and take our opportunities after the break.

The list has made progress over the past three months. Our senior players continue to lead and our emerging talent is gaining invaluable experience.

Not only are they are coachable group of players, they have shown strong resolve during a tough six week period. This fighting spirit is why I love coaching this group.

During the bye, the AFL squad will have time off to refresh and recharge as we look forward to the second part of the season with real optimism.

bigred
Saintsational Legend

matrix wrote:Image
Yup.

Good interview. I think he is gonna be a really good coach.

Oh and on the loss....we had chances to be ahead at several points of the game. Blew em again.

We should have won it and it should not have got down to too little too late.

I still don't think we have clicked yet. That could be scary.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
hAyES
Club Player

Fidelis wrote:Worth listening to the Watters interview on SEN the morning after.

Interestingly, among other things, when asked what kids outside the team he'd like to give an opportunities, he mentioned Ross, Cripps, Simpkin, Newnes and Stanley but didn't name Ledger.

http://www.sen.com.au/audioplayer/Audio ... rt-1)/4933

http://www.sen.com.au/audioplayer/Audio ... rt-2)/4932
He did say there's a couple that need at least one more preseason, and my guess is his name would be in that conversation. He's got their long term future as the number 1 priority and I'm more than fine with that. It's why Simpkin didn't play on the weekend as well.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

bigred wrote:
matrix wrote:Image
Yup.

Good interview. I think he is gonna be a really good coach.

Oh and on the loss....we had chances to be ahead at several points of the game. Blew em again.

We should have won it and it should not have got down to too little too late.

I still don't think we have clicked yet. That could be scary.
They could've kicked 6.1 in the final term not 1.6

That would've been scary.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.