Suck on that AFL and your FIXture!!!!!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Suck on that AFL and your FIXture!!!!!

Despite being bent over like no one's business with six day breaks and being spent beyond belief, we lost by amazingly only 4 points.

The best team won tonight regardless, but you'd think with this software they have to create the FIXture the numbskull buffoons would make it slightly more equitable.

Who knows if it would've got us across the line, but the word "fair" is verboten in AFL land clearly.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
The Jeff
Club Player

Re: Suck on that AFL and your FIXture!!!!!

"fair".

That's all I'm looking for. We may still have lost but with the extra time for recovery it may have been the difference (we only lost by 4pts FFS).

FQF
ozrulestrace
SS Hall of Fame

Fair has been the word I was searching for but then again Fair and the AFL don't mix.

And to Channel 7 and don't start me on that crap call of the game, either Brooce or Denis who made an lamost backhanded comment in the third quarter along the the lines of course Adelaide is coming off the bye and the Saints have a six day turnaround.

Fair and equitable is all we seek.

longtimesaint
Club Player

I find it annoying that Collingwood and Essendon and probably the new love child Richmond, don't have the maximum 6 day breaks (10) and 6 interstate trips every year.
If that match last night had been at Etihad with Adelaide on a 6 day break (and 4 of the last 5 rounds) I think we may have had a different result.

One year will be our year
saint66au
Saintsational Legend

Does anyone like ANY commentators on TV???? Or are they OK just when we win and crap when we lose ??

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
satchmo
Saintsational Legend

saint66au wrote:Does anyone like ANY commentators on TV???? Or are they OK just when we win and crap when we lose ??
No. They suck balls whether we win or lose.

*Allegedly.

Bring back Lucky Burgers, and nobody gets hurt.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

saint66au wrote:Does anyone like ANY commentators on TV???? Or are they OK just when we win and crap when we lose ??
I don't mind the Friday night team. Foxtel games are OK commentator wise.

I can't stand BT. I think he may have dementia or another brain disease.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
tweedaletomanning
Club Player

The AFL is a business, and is really for entertainment purposes only.

The filth get ALL the advantages, because they have the most monkeys to entertain.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

satchmo wrote:
A bit homophobic??

OneEyedSainter77
SS Life Member

I couldn't give a rats tossbag whether we are featuring in the game or not. 90% of radio/television commentary sucks anyway. Bruce and Dennis fapping over Judd amongst other things does my head in.

St Lenny
Club Player

I can understand umpires making mistakes in the heat of the moment. BUT, the commentary is unforgivable, they barrack against us regardless of whether we are winning or loosing. BT is the worst, McIrvaney isnt far behind and Commetti should worry about whats going on with the game instead of trying to be funny.

Superstar
Club Player

saintspremiers wrote:
I don't mind the Friday night team. Foxtel games are OK commentator wise.

I can't stand BT. I think he may have dementia or another brain disease.

I reckon the problem with 7 is there is just too much going on. Two commentators, 2-3 special comments men, 1-2 boundary riders who also give special comments. Interviewing injured Players/coaches during the game! Then a different set of game analysts during the breaks. All the while everyone just fighting to get a word in.

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

The way I see the FIXture is this;

If we want a better/fairer FIXture we need to be in a position where we COMMAND a better/fairer FIXture in the eyes of the AFL. This should NOT be confused with DEMANDING a better/fairer FIXture from the AFL. If the AFL thought that they could make mega bucks (as an organisation and individually) by giving St Kilda a better/fairer FIXture they would give it to us gladly. some of the areas where WE could help our own cause would be;

Grow our membership to somewhere in excess of 50,000 in the short term and keep it growing

Attract large crowds no matter who we play, or where, or when

Play attractive-winning football

Be free (or seen to be free) of controversy

Have a powerful & influentual President/Board-Be heard

Win a Bloody Premiership, or 3 or 4 or .............

I'm sure others could add to this list

!!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

Everything your saying is correct eastern - however our fixture is an unfair hindrance on many of those things actually happening.

"The starting point of all achievement is desire. "
stinger
Saintsational Legend

ozrulestrace wrote:Fair has been the word I was searching for but then again Fair and the AFL don't mix.

And to Channel 7 and don't start me on that crap call of the game, either Brooce or Denis who made an lamost backhanded comment in the third quarter along the the lines of course Adelaide is coming off the bye and the Saints have a six day turnaround.

Fair and equitable is all we seek.
denis is a f****** goose......had us dead buried and the corpse f***ed half way through the third...reckoned the crow lice had broken our spirit......yeah...sure you clown..... :roll: :roll: :twisted:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

So lets get this straight. The fixture is unfair for just about every side but lets have the best whingers. SP I am sure you will win as far as people backing you up on this but as you said the best side won so what is the problem. Our issue is 6 day breaks, other sides play the top 8 many more times than us. hey better to whinge though. Its makes some feel better.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:So lets get this straight. The fixture is unfair for just about every side but lets have the best whingers. SP I am sure you will win as far as people backing you up on this but as you said the best side won so what is the problem. Our issue is 6 day breaks, other sides play the top 8 many more times than us. hey better to whinge though. Its makes some feel better.
So are you're saying the fixture is equal for everyone?

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote:
plugger66 wrote:So lets get this straight. The fixture is unfair for just about every side but lets have the best whingers. SP I am sure you will win as far as people backing you up on this but as you said the best side won so what is the problem. Our issue is 6 day breaks, other sides play the top 8 many more times than us. hey better to whinge though. Its makes some feel better.
No unequal for everyone.

And this whinging about 6 day fkn breaks :roll: :roll:

Pathetic excuse - we ran over the top of Adelaide, not the other way.

The bye seems to be worse than a 6 day break because Adelaide was absoluting belting the Saints all night, but completely blew up with about 10 minutes to go.

Dont see anyone whinging about us playing GC twice were many play them only once.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote:

Im saying that every club can find faults. Would you rather play 5 sides in the 8 twice or 2 sides in the 8 twice and 2 sides in the bottom 3 twice but then have a heep of 6 day breaks? It maybe just me but i would go for the 6 day breaks and play a few ordinary sides twice but other may be different.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Last nights game could have easily been played tonight..

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
SaintPav wrote:

Im saying that every club can find faults. Would you rather play 5 sides in the 8 twice or 2 sides in the 8 twice and 2 sides in the bottom 3 twice but then have a heep of 6 day breaks? It maybe just me but i would go for the 6 day breaks and play a few ordinary sides twice but other may be different.
Of course I would..

Buckets
SS Life Member

SaintPav wrote:Last nights game could have easily been played tonight..
And they could have easily had the Blues Eagles match on Friday instead. AFL just trying to be greedy. No reason to stretch out 6 games over 4 days, just stupid IMO.

Thats Mr. Smartarse to you
The Craw
Club Player

satchmo wrote:
Chocolate salty ones ?

Not Craw, CRAW!
matrix
Saintsational Legend

tweedaletomanning wrote:The AFL is a business, and is really for entertainment purposes only.

The filth get ALL the advantages, because they have the most monkeys to entertain.
the filth get majority of advantages like most games at the G because the other teams request to play them there to try and get some revenue
the afl wont complain as they also make sack loads of coin
its what happens when you get 50tho+ to a game every week
but yup
sack loads of nuff nuff monkeys to entertain 8-)

dragit
Saintsational Legend

AFL > Non-Profit > CEO > +$2,000,000 performance based salary
= maximum revenue
≠ fair competition