The difference between 10th and 5th

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

elvis lives
Club Player

The difference between 10th and 5th

Zac Dawson. Love him or hate him he was a reasonably good TALL backman. There is a glaring hole in our backline without him and no trade/drafted replacement and it has cost us at least three wins so far. The effort tonight was great, and even with some hopeless kicking for goal and a very poor night for Kosi, our forwards did well. Sadly we just leaked goals way too easy, particularly to their tall timber.

It's not just that we don't have someone to play on tippet, or Reiwoldt, or buddy, or cox etc etc etc, it's that Sam fisher and gwilt and gilbo have to spend more time worrying about Blake's or simPkins opponent that we lose their intercept marks and attacking run It also leaves other opposition players wide open.

It is a real shame because the effort is outstanding and we have long periods of midfield dominance, that probably dont result in enough goals. But our 15min of dominance for two goals kills you when they kick three in five minutes.

How the need for a full back wasn't obvious to the coach and recruiting team I will never know.

I am marching in the Saints army
LENNY LEADS THE WAY
Club Player

Re: The difference between 10th and 5th

Agree.

Franklin
Riewoldt
Tippet

All big bags, how oftten did Dawson give up bags like these?

100 percent behind the saints 100 percent of the time
Richter
SS Life Member

The difference isn't Dawson. The difference is the game plan. We've gone from ultra defensive to ultra open.

Hird... The unflushable one is now... just a turd...
dcstkfc
Saintsational Legend

Both posters partially correct. Personnel and gameplan

STRENGTH THROUGH LOYALTY.

‎''I still get really excited, and I've got the '66 thing up on the wall in a frame … You look at it and think: one day, we want to achieve that.''- Arryn Siposs
ShanghaiSaint
Club Player

the last thing i miss is Zac crack Dawson.... let freo deal with him..

Fortius Quo Fidelius