Advantage Rule

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Life Long Saint
Saintsational Legend

Advantage Rule

What the hell was the umpire thinking paying advantage to Milera when he was still chasing the ball to pick it up?

Surely you can't be at an advantage when you don't even have the ball in your hands!

Do these idiots even know what they're doing?

gringo
Saintsational Legend

Re: Advantage Rule

On evidence over time I would say not.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Life Long Saint wrote:What the hell was the umpire thinking paying advantage to Milera when he was still chasing the ball to pick it up?

Surely you can't be at an advantage when you don't even have the ball in your hands!

P66 will defend the decision.

Quote of the night from Paul Roos. :"I dont care what the rule says that was dropping the ball" :) :) So even if the rule is there Roos want the umpire to give the deciasion the other way.

FFS WTF??????

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
St DAC
SS Hall of Fame

Roos was right. That was dead set incorrect disposal, and should have been penalised. instead we end up scoring a goal.

So we're not always on the wrong end of umpire mistakes ...
Last edited by St DAC on Sat 09 Jun 2012 7:02pm, edited 1 time in total.

Buckets
SS Life Member

joffaboy wrote:
Life Long Saint wrote:What the hell was the umpire thinking paying advantage to Milera when he was still chasing the ball to pick it up?

Quote of the night from Paul Roos. :"I dont care what the rule says that was dropping the ball" :) :) So even if the rule is there Roos want the umpire to give the deciasion the other way.

FFS WTF??????

C'mon JB you know full well they Roos loves giving it to us!

Thats Mr. Smartarse to you
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Oh well, evens out when Milne was so gonski holding the ball and got away with it ;)

Stillwaiting
Saintsational Legend

It's amazing the umpire could actually come up with that call.

I love this club
StPeter
Club Player

Some bad ones both ways but thought maybe we got slightly the better of it....unlike the Freo, West Coast and Port games where we were slaughtered by them.

mr six o'clock
Saintsational Legend

I have watched three games so far this weekend , cats/blues stk/gc ess/syd .
The umpiring in all three games has been very confusing in all three . Some very good decisions have been made as have some very poor decisions and therein lies the consistency problem , it justs F@#$s my brain over !!!
E.g. in last lights game the umpires were hot on holding the ball , players were barely taking possession and getting pinged , then one player picked up the ball , took on an opponent , got caught , did two 360's before the umpire blew his whistle , all the while players and fans were calling bbaalllll .
Umpire says to tackler , ball up ! no prior opportunity !
ITS NUCKING FUTS !!!!!

In red white and black from 73
kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

Bizarre decision. Milera was also grabbed as he went to chase the ball after the umpire called advantage.

Macquarie Dictionary Word of the Year for 2023 "Kosi Lives"
bozza1980
Club Player

It was definitely odd.

The idea that you can have taken your advantage without having taken possession of the ball defies logic.

Life is very short and there's no time for fussing and fighting my friends.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:

FFS WTF??????

The decision was wrong. They make mistakes every game and that was a mistake. Why would I defend an obvious error?

PJ
SS Life Member

There were some glaring inconsistencies. Milera handballs then is tackled - decision, play on. Same thing earlier (not sure of the name of the GC PLAYER), a GC player gets rid of the ball quickly and is tackled, decision, holding the man when not in possession.

I've never seen a bad St.Kilda player - that's just how they are.
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

St DAC wrote:Roos was right. That was dead set incorrect disposal, and should have been penalised. instead we end up scoring a goal.

How umpires miss things like this makes the mind boggle. Some decisions are black and white.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:
St DAC wrote:Roos was right. That was dead set incorrect disposal, and should have been penalised. instead we end up scoring a goal.

How umpires miss things like this makes the mind boggle. Some decisions are black and white.

They may have been in the wrong position or blocked by a player.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
saintspremiers wrote:

They may have been in the wrong position or blocked by a player.
True but there are three umpires. If one misses a howler another should overrule and correct it immediately.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
Leo.J
SS Life Member

They aren't going to get any better, so there's not much point in me crapping on about them... as frustrating as they are.

I don't actually have an issue with the Umps, my gripe is with the AFL and the rubbish that they come up with, which generally makes the game harder to umpire....

The funny thing is they're trying to make it easier to adjudicate in most cases.