Brett Delidio Quote

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Re: Brett Delidio Quote

Don't like the truth, some people..... Facts are facts

We stuffed up, who disagrees and why??

And, is this the same Brett Delidio who has been a dual B&F winner, will be an AA this season, and tore us a new arse last week

Who are the clowns who would disagree that Ben Cousins was an ABSOLUTE champion!! smoking ice is damaging his health.... Leases he doesn't Assault women in different ways.... At least he has mates, unlike the moron we traded for...

He completely ruined Richmond to the point where his coach and a star have publicly said he was outstanding whilst there as a player.... Those are just the fact...

Why do people hate to admit mistakes... Does it refectory badly or something....

Same idiots that line up to pot BC, even though his stellar career mocks their pathetic attempts..... Absolutely back the decision to waste Money and a Pick on Lovett..... Who embarrassed the club and did over a few of the players who became embroiled in his drama...

dragit
Saintsational Legend

I reckon the Michael Frost mistake was much worse.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

We should have got fev too

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:Why do people hate to admit mistakes... Does it refectory badly or something....

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Oh the dripping irony :D :D :D :D :D

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
skeptic
Saintsational Legend

I agree with the op but putting the cousins decision side by side with the AL one doesn't serve a purpose.

on a side note... imagine if we had them both for 2010!!

maverick
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
BigMart wrote:Why do people hate to admit mistakes... Does it refectory badly or something....

Wondered this also...

Who is Delidio anyway, is he a teacher than can spell?

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

maverick wrote:
joffaboy wrote:

Wondered this also...

Who is Delidio anyway, is he a teacher than can spell?

Geez Cousins would have been handy tonight against those rampaging Suns.

What a s.hit, look at me thread :roll:

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
slider
Club Player

Would love to know what this poster is on about?

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

slider wrote:Would love to know what this poster is on about?

Apparently proving he is right about some mythical hypothetical, that can never be proven.

Lance or James??

kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

I said at the time that trading Ian Stewart for Bill Barrott was a bad move. Nobody listened to me.

Macquarie Dictionary Word of the Year for 2023 "Kosi Lives"
Spinner
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:Don't like the truth, some people..... Facts are facts

We stuffed up, who disagrees and why??

And, is this the same Brett Delidio who has been a dual B&F winner, will be an AA this season, and tore us a new arse last week

Who are the clowns who would disagree that Ben Cousins was an ABSOLUTE champion!! smoking ice is damaging his health.... Leases he doesn't Assault women in different ways.... At least he has mates, unlike the moron we traded for...

He completely ruined Richmond to the point where his coach and a star have publicly said he was outstanding whilst there as a player.... Those are just the fact...

Why do people hate to admit mistakes... Does it refectory badly or something....

Same idiots that line up to pot BC, even though his stellar career mocks their pathetic attempts..... Absolutely back the decision to waste Money and a Pick on Lovett..... Who embarrassed the club and did over a few of the players who became embroiled in his drama...

You really don't read other posts do you?

Surely you can't have just misinterpreted every other post in this thread. Not good for you.

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

He's retired Joffa

As one of the Greatest players in his clubs history..... Not sure why he'd be mentioned about tonight???

How'd Lovett go?? Oh, that's right... He wasn't retired, he was delisted, without playing a game. Costly yeah??

I'll tell you a game where he might have been handy, it was late 2009.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:He's retired Joffa

As one of the Greatest players in his clubs history..... Not sure why he'd be mentioned about tonight???

How'd Lovett go?? Oh, that's right... He wasn't retired, he was delisted, without playing a game. Costly yeah??

Because it is a complete idiotic BS argument.

It NEVER happened. Its is hypothetical.

Cousins was pedestrian at Richmond and kept a young player out og the team.

And considering it wasd the team butchering the ball infront of goals that cost us, not the midfield, you are just spouting complete BULLS.HIT :roll:

7.7 to 7.1 at halftime with not one rushed, at least three gimme's and Milne not even making it fron 40 metres.

It is total hypothetical garbage and I think you have a serious problem coming back to something that is totally unprovable.

Cousins was and is a drug addict. You wanted a drug addict to influence our players.

And you being a schoolteacher where people entrust their children to you.

You sound very irresponsible in your attitudes to illegal drugs.

Glad my kids dont go to your school.

Lance or James??

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Don't do a lot of teaching in my position.

Of course it's hypothetical, thats the whole point.

Two questions
Why do Hardwick. And DelEdio rate his effect at Richmond so highly, yet you are adamant he was 'pedestrian' are they wrong and your right
Would you prefer us recruit a person who has had a physical drug addiction, or a person who assaults women.... In a few different ways?? You seemed happy we recruited him??

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
BigMart wrote:He's retired Joffa

Because it is a complete idiotic BS argument.

It NEVER happened. Its is hypothetical.

Cousins was pedestrian at Richmond and kept a young player out og the team.

And considering it wasd the team butchering the ball infront of goals that cost us, not the midfield, you are just spouting complete BULLS.HIT :roll:

7.7 to 7.1 at halftime with not one rushed, at least three gimme's and Milne not even making it fron 40 metres.

It is total hypothetical garbage and I think you have a serious problem coming back to something that is totally unprovable.

Cousins was and is a drug addict. You wanted a drug addict to influence our players.

And you being a schoolteacher where people entrust their children to you.

You sound very irresponsible in your attitudes to illegal drugs.

Glad my kids dont go to your school.

I like this post a lot.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:"

Not surprisingly the list manager and recruiters of the 2008/2009 period are gone..... IMO they cost us two flags.
This line indicates that you have are not aware of the decision making process.

Lyon WANTED Cousins. The Board over-ruled him.

Mind you ....I do agree that our recruiters in terms of drafting kids underperformed for a number of seasons. However our trades in that period were generally quite ok in terms of value gained for cost given, and indeed if not your them our drafting would probably have sunk us.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

And whilst we're at it, let's sack the board for letting Val Perovic go to Carlton.

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
Scollop
Saintsational Legend

Roo and Dal and one other senior player (might have been Bally I think) were out in the media around the time of the Aka saga at the Lions. At that time, Dal used to be on Before the Game quite a bit and I think that's where he might have said that Aka isn't wanted. After Aka got the arse, I thought that with where he was in his career as a Brownlow Medallist and triple premiership player and with what he could offer, that the tail had no right to wag the dog on something as critical as who comes into the team or not..

I initially posted that Roo may not have wanted Ben at the club, but I was thinking about his opinion on Aka getting recruited, not Cousins.
Last edited by Scollop on Sun 10 Jun 2012 12:41am, edited 2 times in total.

whiskers3614
Saintsational Legend

Ego maniac, didn't want a real superstar sharing limelight!

Riewoldt and Goddard to live up to their reputations ,Clarke and Ray to defy theirs in 2012!
BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Riewoldt wanted BC met with him and was willing to sacrifice Salary to get him.

If the board overruled a football dept decision they should be outed. They employ a football manager and coach to make decisions. And this board has directly been responsible for a major f*** up.

HTF can business men with limited footy experience or knowledge make AFL level playing decisions???

That's surely a joke?

Richter
SS Life Member

Cousins admitted that the reason why he shaved his head was because he would not have passed the hair drug test as he was still on the gear. In retrospect this FACT alone completely justifies our decision not to take him.

From a footballing point of view, following on from not taking him we won 19 games straight and became the dominant team of that home and away season.

Looking back now and claiming justification for your point of view... Without taking into account ALL the now now knwon facts, such as that Cousins has admitted he was still on the gear... suggests that this thread is more about the ramblings of a middle-aged narcissist than any attempt to have a genuine discussion about footy/sliding doors.

Hird... The unflushable one is now... just a turd...
markp
Saintsational Legend

Issues....

The Craw
Club Player

BigMart wrote:Riewoldt wanted BC met with him and was willing to sacrifice Salary to get him.

If the board overruled a football dept decision they should be outed. They employ a football manager and coach to make decisions. And this board has directly been responsible for a major f*** up.

HTF can business men with limited footy experience or knowledge make AFL level playing decisions???

That's surely a joke?
Why didn't Collingwood pick him up then ????????????????

Not Craw, CRAW!
paul napper

what a load of tosh

- richmond players are positive about BC as a human gesture to him in recovery - every affirmaton helps

- i know the owner of the restaurant where BC met the coach ( Lyon ) and footy dept ( in Pt Lonsdale ). ( in a private meeting , he was the only outsider present ) BC spilt the lot ie his addictive behaviours past and present .

- decision made fairly easy re risks involved . Lyon challenged the players to step up rather than expect a 30 plus year old with issues to be the difference .

- it was a footy dept decision

while some of the other urban legends may be true , I know this was the episode that made the decision , and the players fell into line.

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

When did he publicly admit that??

So why did Ricmond take him??

Was he successful at Ricmond??

Would he have been in our best 22 2009/2010??

Answer those questions honestly

Then

Was it a mistake to overlook him??