McEvoy, Fisher, Geary Good Chances to Return R12

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Beno88
SS Hall of Fame

McEvoy, Fisher, Geary Good Chances to Return R12

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/ ... fault.aspx

Three good fresh players would be very handy off a six day break between interestate trips.

mr six o'clock
Saintsational Legend

Re: McEvoy, Fisher, Geary Good Chances to Return R12

Yes , It would be great
however who can believe anything coming out of the club on injuries this year !!!

In red white and black from 73
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

mr six o'clock wrote:Yes , It would be great
however who can believe anything coming out of the club on injuries this year !!!
Exactly. Chips was supposedly a chance before the Eagles game. No follow up to that baseless call by Watters.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
The Jeff
Club Player

It amuses me that people get so frustrated by this.

I mean sure, I look forward to the teams coming out each Thursday. However, if the powers that be at the club decide there may be some edge in making late changes or suggesting a player is closer to returning to the side than they really are, far be it for me to question this. That's what they're paid for. And does it really matter?

As for the original post, the prospect of taking a near full strength team on the park is quite exciting. We surely would have done over the Tiges the other night with a couple of the bigger blokes on the paddock and it would be great to get a truer sense of where we're really at in this crazy crazy season

FQF
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

Lets hope that all three are ready to go for the Adelaide game. Lets also hope that there are another 3-4 really pushing for a spot with strong performances for Sandy tomorrow. The more competition for spots in the side, the better it is for the club. The ideal would be to have 28-30 blokes who can really stake a claim for a spot in the 22 !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

PJ
SS Life Member

The Jeff wrote:

I mean sure, I look forward to the teams coming out each Thursday. However, if the powers that be at the club decide there may be some edge in making late changes or suggesting a player is closer to returning to the side than they really are, far be it for me to question this. That's what they're paid for. And does it really matter?

As for the original post, the prospect of taking a near full strength team on the park is quite exciting. We surely would have done over the Tiges the other night with a couple of the bigger blokes on the paddock and it would be great to get a truer sense of where we're really at in this crazy crazy season
Agree completely you pick your best side on the Thursday, things change and someone comes up better the day before or someone gets an injury during that period. What's the big deal, someone else comes in get over it.

I've never seen a bad St.Kilda player - that's just how they are.
Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

Translated. A chance round 16.

Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

The Jeff wrote:

With the game so media driven he's addressing the fans, not only the oppisition, and confusing/false sense of excitement to the paying members. Seriously who is he fooling/gaining tactical advantage over?

Buckets
SS Life Member

saintspremiers wrote:
Exactly. Chips was supposedly a chance before the Eagles game. No follow up to that baseless call by Watters.
Chips had a recurrence of the injury that is why they never played him. Or do we only listen to Scott when it serves us?

Thats Mr. Smartarse to you
The Redeemer
SS Life Member

Eastern wrote:Lets hope that all three are ready to go for the Adelaide game. Lets also hope that there are another 3-4 really pushing for a spot with strong performances for Sandy tomorrow. The more competition for spots in the side, the better it is for the club. The ideal would be to have 28-30 blokes who can really stake a claim for a spot in the 22 !!
Honestly it probably won't happen re the 28-30 blokes pushing. If we had that depth we would not be 9th.

We will more than likely pick up an injury tonight as most teams almost always have an injury out of every game. So who knows.

Whichever of the young three of Cripps, Newnes and Siposs shows the most probably stays. As it is a long season, they will have opportunities later on in the year to play a few more games and develop.

Ideally I want to see Siposs stay in regardless of his performance tonight as he deserves a solid run in the 1's like the other youngens earlier in the season. Plus a team can never have too many long seemingly accurate kicks in the team either so he brings to the team something that most other players do not possess.

That being said if we get an injury to another player that really means one out of the three mentioned will get dropped. Unless Schneider

remboy
SS Hall of Fame

The only annying thing about playing ducks and drakes with selections/injuries is that the only ones who are fooled by it are the supporters. AFL Clubs have that many scouts I think they'd all have a very good idea on which opposition players will and won't play each week.

Opinions are like arseholes, everybody's got one.
The Jeff
Club Player

Old Mate wrote:
The Jeff wrote:

With the game so media driven he's addressing the fans, not only the oppisition, and confusing/false sense of excitement to the paying members. Seriously who is he fooling/gaining tactical advantage over?
Maybe any edge gained by doing it is minimal. Maybe there is no edge. But still, as a paying member for as long as I can remember, I don't know why people get so angry about it. For instance if Raph take to the field tonight for Cripps, I am not going to feel betrayed by Scotty because he promised me that Cripps was playing. It's just not that big a deal is all I'm saying and as a paying member I trust that we're in good hands at the moment.

FQF
jays
Club Player

We will need them

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Buckets wrote:
saintspremiers wrote:
Chips had a recurrence of the injury that is why they never played him. Or do we only listen to Scott when it serves us?
That seems likely. Please link any statement from the club re this fact.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.