King on milne = 1 week yet no free kick and goal to tigers

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Re: King on milne = 1 week yet no free kick and goal to tige

gringo wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
joffaboy wrote:
Seems like it was the OPSM "professional" who missed the blatant trip, not the above poster.

If anyone needs more than having OPSM on their backs it is the umpires.

Did you see that non free kick to Green of the Lions by a WCE backman. Hit him flush in the face with a shoulder 10 metres out from goal with less than a minute left. Absolutely the worst decision of the round.

The umpires think they are the stars and love injecting themselves into the game. Geischen even told a coach how the crowd loves the umpire antics of paying a hold the ball (like we go to watch umpires make decisions :roll: )

They pay the softest of free kicks especially if they are centre of attention (like a 50 metre free) but miss blatant trips like in Milnes case or the incredible hrad high shot on Green in the Lions v WCE game.

They are really pathetic and this protection makes them feel like they can do anything. All started when the AFL protected that corrupt umpire Head and his blatant and admitted cheating us v Freo a few years back because Thomas had bruised their incredibly fragiles ego's. :roll:

Not sure I have ever said that Milne should not have been opaid a free. I was talking about the game as a whole and we got a pretty good deal. I saw the Green one as well and that was another mistake. The umpires in question will be told this. I just dont get what people want. To go back and pay both frees?
I think he's pointing out that in other posts you said it wasn't a trip and then incorrectly said it wasn't a free if it was an attempted trip.

Again you should read before you comment. Not in any post have I said it wasnt a trip. I saw it at the game. It was a trip. Why make up things that arent true.

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

The REAL issue here is that it appears that there were only three people out of the 50,000 at the ground who DIDN"T see that it was a trip, and they were the THREE UMPIRES. The AFL have said that it should have been a free kick to Milney. The question I would like answered is; WHAT, IF ANY SANCTIONS HAVE BEEN HANDED DOWN TO ANY/ALL OF THESE UMPIRES? I believe that if the AFL were to FULLY EXPLAIN EVERYTHING surrounding these BLATANT ERRORS we would all have more confidence in the system. SECRECY DOESN'T WORK !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Eastern wrote:The REAL issue here is that it appears that there were only three people out of the 50,000 at the ground who DIDN"T see that it was a trip, and they were the THREE UMPIRES. The AFL have said that it should have been a free kick to Milney. The question I would like answered is; WHAT, IF ANY SANCTIONS HAVE BEEN HANDED DOWN TO ANY/ALL OF THESE UMPIRES? I believe that if the AFL were to FULLY EXPLAIN EVERYTHING surrounding these BLATANT ERRORS we would all have more confidence in the system. SECRECY DOESN'T WORK !!

If a player makes a blantant error on the ground we dont find out how the coach dealt with it unless he is dropped. Not many players get dropped just because of one error. We found out off the AFL it was an error and that is where it should finish.

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

If you want to go down the "Player" path then compare it to Josh Hunt ducking a contest. It was that bad, or worse !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

Gwilt Edged
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:Of course they will be told. How can we have a sensible conversation if you actually think they arent. What logical reason would there be to not improve the umpiring?
No admission of error disguises the incompetence higher up

Jobs for the boys working for your membership dollar

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Eastern wrote:If you want to go down the "Player" path then compare it to Josh Hunt ducking a contest. It was that bad, or worse !!

Thats ok. Did we find out how Geelong handled that incident?

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Eastern wrote:If you want to go down the "Player" path then compare it to Josh Hunt ducking a contest. It was that bad, or worse !!

Thats ok. Did we find out how Geelong handled that incident?

They defended him.

My beef isn't the mistake per se. All umpires make mistakes, all players make mistakes. If you cant cop that well dont watch anything in life because there are mistakes everywhere.

It is the manner in which they umpire. Miss blatant free kicks, then inject themselves into the game with theatrical hlding the ball routines, and soft as butter 50 metre penalties where they are the focus of attention.

THEY ARE NOT THE STARS OF THE GAME. but we have their boss telling coaches how the crowd loves their antics.

Get the basics right. Get the simple basic free kicks right before thinking you are the star of the game.

Grant Thomas was dead set right when he told them to put their egos in their pockets while umpiring.

And it was shown the very next game when the umpires went out of their way to give 5 free kicks in front of goal against the Saints then an umpire bregged about it.

What the cover up by the AFL showed that the umpires are a law unto themselves and get protected. Their performances have been getting worse ever since.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
1965 Saint
Club Player

i've come to the conclusion that Plugger66 isn't a dimwit lackey but dimwit himself Can't fathom how he finds the time