Should Saad have played from Round 1?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

mohannair
Club Player

Should Saad have played from Round 1?

Looking to the impact what Ahmed Saad has got on our forward line, its surprise that no one has
made a point of whether Saad should have played in every game like Milera?

May be we could have pinched couple of games against the Port & Dockers.

I know its Hind sight but....

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Re: Should Saad have played from Round 1?

Who knows. It seemed that from he's VFL form, he didn't really warrant selection especially with Milera already in the team. Like some others, I was surprised he was picked in the first place.

It just shows that the coaches know stuff we don't and we usually don't have the full picture from the outside like for example, why someone like Ledger is not being picked.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
bakes
Club Player

Re: Should Saad have played from Round 1?

I've been super impressed with Saad.
He brings so much energy, but more importantly he is bringing effort and he doesn't stop trying.
Love the set shout routine which doesn't leave anything to chance. His set shot from 50 against the Tiges did not deviate at all, it just sailed straight over the Ump's head. If he can continue with his speed, energy, effort, goalkicking routine, along with the opportunistic goals, then we have a good find on our hands.

Should he have played from round 1?
Probably not. It's good to make the players earn their chances and it makes them even hungrier.
I'm sure the coaches had Saad working on certain parts of his game before they handed him his debut.
He should benefit from his 1st year in the AFL system, and I reckon he has some more upside.