Tom Hickey

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

Tom Hickey

Decent game tonight

Currently 2nd string behind Zac Smith and a work in progress - 21 years old and 201cm .... hmmmmm

Would be relatively cheap in terms of his pay-packet - could we convince GC to let him go???

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!
gringo
Saintsational Legend

Re: Tom Hickey

I happened to see an article on Pendleburys older tall defender brother who is still hoping to get a spot on an AFL list and sounds like he has something to prove. I think it said he was 191 cm and looks like Leigh Browns dad might have got down to Sale. Seriously though has anyone seen him play at VFL level I always wonder why Pendles is in Collingwoods ressies bests when he's played seniors, now I know.

bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

They have quite a few 200cm+ players.....They might let one go but it won't be all that cheap...

Interestingly they do not have much of a forward line so might look to remedy that....

Season 2024 is where RTB is showing the footy world his grasp of the modern game. :shock:
defacto
Club Player

the pelch will find a smokey to take on those monster fwds and another smokey to help big mac in the ruck

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

Tom Nicholls is the one I'd look closely at. He'll be third rung at GC. Hickey and Smith all get picked before him. Smart kid with great hands. Skinny as a broom, but he's worth a look.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
Sobraz
SS Life Member

We have 2 very talented young up coming rucks... They contrast in styles well and both have a big future..

Aren't we lacking an older, more physically mature type??... Whats the point of having 3 big rucks, relatively raw, all under 23??

A David Hille/Hamish McIntosh/Mark Jamar type is more likely to play the Gardiner role of the previous 4 years IMO... Until Ben becomes a mature senior ruck, and we develop a new young'n from 2014/15 inwards...

Sick Nal Danto
Club Player

Majak Daw a possibility

He is a huge unit, and will never play a game before McIntosh and Goldstein

Probably cost us a late 2nd/ 3 Rd draft pick

saber
Club Player

I wonder if they've got any tall defenders (ie 194-196cm) that isn't getting a chance?

Reckon we're one tall defender short?

If not from GC/GWS, maybe have to scout the state leagues for a 21-24 year old big bodied defender

Heard Jackson Ferguson is tall (around the 194cm), but not really suited to a key defensive post?

Thoughts?

gringo
Saintsational Legend

Sick Nal Danto wrote:Majak Daw a possibility

Majak Daw is one of those guys who seems to court controversy, I have heard he is fairly fond of his own publicity ATM but maybe being traded would kick him up the bum. He is an huge unit, if he came as a 3rd rounder it would be ok.

Saints94
SS Life Member

defacto wrote:the pelch will find a smokey to take on those monster fwds and another smokey to help big mac in the ruck
+1

villasaint
Club Player

Jackson is playing well down back. Definitely a player for the future

bushy_999
Club Player

Sick Nal Danto wrote:Majak Daw a possibility

Watched a few of werribee games this year. His skills are shithouse not worth wasting picks on. There is a reason he cannot get a game. Most overrated footballer I've ever seen. Average vfl footballer at best.

mr six o'clock
Saintsational Legend

We need to get another 20-22 year old big body , someone who can have an immediate impact like milera and saad have !

In red white and black from 73
dcstkfc
Saintsational Legend

Sobraz wrote:We have 2 very talented young up coming rucks... They contrast in styles well and both have a big future..

Aren't we lacking an older, more physically mature type??... Whats the point of having 3 big rucks, relatively raw, all under 23??

A David Hille/Hamish McIntosh/Mark Jamar type is more likely to play the Gardiner role of the previous 4 years IMO... Until Ben becomes a mature senior ruck, and we develop a new young'n from 2014/15 inwards...
+1

STRENGTH THROUGH LOYALTY.

‎''I still get really excited, and I've got the '66 thing up on the wall in a frame … You look at it and think: one day, we want to achieve that.''- Arryn Siposs